The Coronavirus Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by Mick »

And anyway, it should be facs not fax :evil: :D
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

corona.jpg
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:48 pm
...The white house has a fax line...
Are you sure about that? The general impression is that Twatter had :lol: become the official channel, and, in order to prevent cross contamination, only 1 person is allowed to use it. Apparently the instructions on how to use fax were a too lengthy read.
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Yes you can send a fax :mrgreen:
https://www.whitehouse.gov/get-involved/write-or-call/

How to fax the White House
https://faxanswers.com/answers/how-to-f ... hite-house
Absolutely! The White House provides an address, phone number, and fax number for correspondence with the president. The official number is: 202-456-2461. Keep in mind that your fax will be read by a staff member primarily, and may not reach the president at all. If you’d like your fax to be read, taken seriously (and maybe even responded to), remember the following tips: be brief, be respectful, and NEVER make a threat (overt or implied) against anyone.

If your fax is three pages or fewer, you can send it for free using FaxZero. Fax Zero also lets you fax your congressional representative and state senators for free. Just find your district, pick your representative, and send your message.
Yes, you just have to consider all people individually. Not everyone is a Twitter freak ;)

Because of this corona pandemic, we will all end up becoming professors! :lol:
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Like we don't have enough problems with the Corona as it is.
In the village of my husband Gardiki-Thesprotias-Epirus (GR) as well as in Kanallaki there was an earthquake of 5.7 this morning! In Gardiki the house of my husband's brother-in-law's sister has slid down. It's right across from our family house. In between is a small street.
gardikion souliou.jpg
This year we are all being punished really hard for the overexploitation of our earth! You really must prepare yourself for the worst.
This corona also has something good for us. My husband would most likely be in Greece now for Year Death Day of his sister's and a car accident this week that has make his brother in front of the house.

Edit:
My husband's brother just said that there was a small quake at 24.00 and at about 03.00 the big quake. He had checked the house, found only large cracks and went back to sleep.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Doomsday preppers rule!
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Mick wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:22 am
Doomsday preppers rule!
I think what has happened in the last 5 years and what is happening now, are the last admonitions to us to thoroughly rethink our way of life - last respite!
We had almost two days of some snow in the village this year. That was extremely abnormal! Throughout the whole winter we had a kind of freezing rain all the time! If that is not a clear sign of global warming for the sceptics, then I don't know any more!
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

There was a 5.7 earthquake in Utah (western US) this week also.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

https://youtu.be/PKZBMsGsTes?t=132

In Africa and now the middle east I guess there are swarms of locusts.

I said this a long time ago on another forum.
I think God is sitting there throwing back Jack Daniels with his hand near the big, fat red button. He wipes a away a tear and says, "not today, not today."

Well, he may have gone ahead and pressed it. But to some religious people they say no.

Peter77sx wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Surprised he didn't make you part of the space force. Flattery makes anyone qualified for anything at the WH apparently.
Wow, didn't see this gem. Well, enjoy your bitterness and ridicule. The world needs more people like you...
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Peter77sx wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 pm
Surprised he didn't make you part of the space force. Flattery makes anyone qualified for anything at the WH apparently.
It happens everywhere in the world, no wonder.
Great sense of humor and sagacity, thanks for the smile you gave me, I really needed this. :lol: :)
Random American

Post by Random American »

Mick wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:22 am
Doomsday preppers rule!
Better safe than sorry.
JLA
Name: JLA FORUMS

Post by JLA »

From a post on our site at: http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=513209083

Has some good info in the audio message
oday received this message on Facebook messenger from a girl (has a British or Australian sounding accent) who apparently lives on a Spanish speaking island.

She speaks about some recommendations of a colleague who has a friend (can't understand the name that she gives) who works in the main hospital on the island where this girl is speaking from.

The recommendations are regarding how to neutralize the Covid19 Coronavirus and other important information. She has an interesting way of speaking with a comforting voice so found it to be a good listen.

Update - did some more searching an apparently this girl is speaking from Gran Canaria which is an island of Spain

Gran Canaria is located southeast of Tenerife and west of Fuerteventura. The island is of volcanic origin, mostly made of fissure vents. Gran Canaria's surface area is 1,560 km2 (600 sq mi) and its maximum elevation is 1,949 metres (6,394 ft) (Pico de Las Nieves).

The name of the hospital is

University Hospital of Gran Canaria - Dr. Negrin
Address: Calle Plaza Barranco de la Ballena, s/n, 35010
Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Las Palmas, Spain

Phone: +34 928 45 00 00
Province: Las Palmas

Message as received is below
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=513209083
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

My husband heard / read today that so far only smokers have died. Because the lungs are too badly damaged by the nicotine.
Whether this is really true I doubt it a bit. But it's probably true for those under 65. Although all channels wrote and said so.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

So in other words it's a woman who lives somewhere on an island, maybe vacations in Belize and takes a dump in the Philippines and has great uncle or something. But we do know it is a carbon-based life form after all...

Bottom line, if major scientific researchers are saying a vaccine won't come out for a year to 18 months, then that's probably when a real vaccine will come out.
Last edited by Mick on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary full quoting.
JLA
Name: JLA FORUMS

Post by JLA »

John connor wrote:
Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:24 pm
So in other words it's a woman who lives somewhere on an island, maybe vacations in Belize and takes a dump in the Philippines and has great uncle or something. But we do know it is a carbon-based life form after all...

Bottom line, if major scientific researchers are saying a vaccine won't come out for a year to 18 months, then that's probably when a real vaccine will come out.
I took a listen to the audio and regardless of the source - it is pretty useful stuff for most people. The presentation isn't bad either.
Last edited by Mick on Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”