The Coronavirus Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by Tastenplayer »

Since yesterday you can hear this on Swiss TV all the time:

Bill Gates said 2015: If we start now we are ready for the next epidemic. And you can see Bill Gates actually saying it at his lectern
What has happened is the opposite. It is not attractive for the pharmaceutical companies to develop a vaccine for epidemics. Novartis had even stopped it completely. Money rules the world - making as much profit as possible. What is not lucrative is not pursued further.

Only 10% were invested in this research. This only from 3 pharmaceutical giants. :evil: :twisted: :evil: Roche boss is live in the discussion. He also says that it will take at least 12 months before there is a vaccine.
Roche is now testing on 300 people a medicine that was not yet approved, but which has nevertheless been partially used in China and Italy and achieved success.
Roche is also working hard to find a vaccine. Previously they were not active in this segment.

A former Federal Councillor spoke on TV and said: He expects things to continue as they are now until August. Isolation like now until the end of August - how will the economy survive!

The Trumpf company in Graubünden supplies the whole world:
Everyone has the day off, because it's difficult to get materials from all over the world.
Only the apprentices have to work on this day, because the law prohibits short-time work for them. :twisted:
Surely this is not possible!
At Trumpf the apprentices eat lunch according to the regulations, at a distance of two metres!
In my opinion, this is simply an imposition for these young people - they should also be allowed to stay at home! The few people in the huge factory.

So a little time-out from this miserable
Flower in the City (Original) songwriter and singer: Carson McKee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqk0cMPrg2M

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:53 am
In the news here it was reported a man is recovering after being given that medication for malaria. I can't remember the name of that medication now. He thought he was going to die. They gave him that medication and all of a sudden he bounced back. The French know about this medication as well.
Chloroquine (brandname Nivaquine) used to be THE malaria-prevention but lost most of it's value a) with the appearance of resistant parasites (not a bacterium, neither a virus, the perpetrator is Plasmodium: a unicellular eukaryote which is transmitted by mosquitoes, and b) when side effects became apparent and c) when other profilactic medication was developed

There is one controlled case of a corona patient having recovered after treatment with chloroquine, however, that recovery might just as well have been the patient's immune system having suddenly produce the correct defense reaction. I'm sure it will be investigated but it's unlikely choloquine is effective in stopping virus propagation. (in fact I know trials are being conducted - science at least always checks the facts and tests theories).
Unfortunately there's a mentally retarded (a bit of an oxymoron) guy (mis)leading a country who jumped on this singular event and kind of insinuated that this was a promising development (and the accompanying bloat and smug was present as usual).
The WHO quickly set the facts straight (as did the CDC), probably unnoticed by said moron.

Unfortunately the US is 2 or more weeks behind on Europe and the worst is still to come.

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I’ve just got back from my local supermarket 10.00hrs local. There was plenty of food and booze, the only thing missing really were cleaning materials. So, I can eat and get drunk but do no cleaning - yippee!!!!

E161AA2A-BE5C-411A-B1B7-378351F99374.jpeg
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski

Please read: “Am I In The Right Place?” before posting.

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Mick wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:04 am
So, I can eat and get drunk but do no cleaning - yippee!!!!
And??? what has changed? :mrgreen:

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Nothing, that’s my point, it’s status quo at my gaff :D

(the weather is stunning, I can see why folks are getting cabin fever)

Edit: Chloroquine - that’s a quinine substitute isn’t it? That being the case you can try it at home with a litre of gin and a 3 litre bottle of Schweppes tonic water.

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Mick wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:43 am
Nothing, that’s my point, it’s status quo at my gaff :D

(the weather is stunning, I can see why folks are getting cabin fever)

Edit: Chloroquine - that’s a quinine substitute isn’t it? That being the case you can try it at home with 3 litres of gin and a litre bottle of Schweppes tonic water.
I have just corrected your post Mick :mrgreen:

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Thank you👍🏽

Whata mistaka to maka :D

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Home remedy with anti-virus effect

Many herbs and spices have been used in naturopathy since time immemorial for numerous illnesses. It is only today that we know that many of these diseases are caused by viruses. We present the most important home remedies with anti-virus effect.
Author: Carina Rehberg Updated: 23 March 2020
https://www.zentrum-der-gesundheit.de/a ... egen-viren
These herbs are effective against viruses

Herbs and spices often contain strongly effective plant substances. Many of them also fight viruses or make the body so strong that viruses cannot even settle down.

With our household remedies presented below, you may therefore be able to better survive or prevent colds, flu and other virus-related respiratory diseases.

However, the decisive clinical studies are often missing, so that "only" in vitro or animal studies are usually available (57). No studies have yet been conducted on the effect of the above-mentioned herbs and foods against the corona virus SARS-CoV-2. Those who do not use anything without evidence should therefore be careful with the following application tips and only do what their doctor advises.

If, on the other hand, you trust in the millennia-old natural medicine, you can regularly integrate the herbs and spices considered to be antiviral into your diet or prepare highly effective anti-virus shakes or anti-virus shots from them, which can be drunk daily (e.g. as a cure) and strengthen the body from within.

Concrete recipes and application tips for the household remedies presented can be found in the last section under "Correct use of household remedies against viruses".

1. oregano inhibits different types of viruses
2. sage against virus-induced colds
3. basil makes the immune system strong against viruses
4. fennel is effective against viruses
5. garlic with anti-virus effect
6. lemon balm shows effect against avian influenza viruses
7. peppermint is antiviral and anti-inflammatory
8. rosemary contains anti-viral substances
9. Echinacea strengthens the body's own defences and inhibits influenza viruses
10. elderberries against cold and flu
11. astragalus against herpes and flu viruses
12. Ginger inhibits the multiplication of viruses
13. turmeric against influenza viruses and bacteria
Use household remedies against viruses correctly

For the prevention or therapy of viral diseases one can use many natural remedies, which - due to their easy availability - are also called household remedies. In most cases these remedies not only fight viruses, but also bacteria, which like to be in the tow of the viruses and make the respective infection a little worse. In addition, they often also strengthen the immune system and reduce inflammatory reactions.

It is best to choose three or four of the herbs and foods mentioned and take them daily.

Especially the herbs can be mixed wonderfully into green smoothies, while fennel seeds, for example, can be simply mixed with hot water in a blender and drunk as a strong tea. However, you should always alternate, as too much of a good thing is not ideal.
Many herbal ingredients are contained in the respective essential oils with which inhalations can be performed.
You can use garlic wonderfully in the form of the lemon-garlic cure or in the form of the Tibetan garlic cure.
Several antiviral and antibacterial ingredients are used in the recipe of the Natural Antibiotic. You can find the recipe for making the Natural Antibiotic yourself here: The Natural Antibiotic
For a ginger shot, simply add 3 drops of the above recommended ginger drops 1 or 2 times a day to warm, not too hot water or your herbal tea or even to the golden milk mentioned below.
Take turmeric regularly - in the form of spicy foods and/or the above-mentioned food supplements. Golden milk is also a delicious way of taking turmeric and ginger at the same time. You can find the recipe and video here: Golden Milk purely vegetable

Other herbs (thyme, cistus, liquorice root) with anti-viral effects and other measures that can help to protect against viruses can be found here: How you can protect yourself against the new coronavirus

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
One may believe this a little bit (sometimes even more than a little bit). My allergy years ago, when the doctors at the dermatological clinic told me that I would suffer from it for the rest of my life, I did not cure with the expensive antibiotics and creams from the pharmaceutical companies, but mainly with almond oil. (I went there once after years to get something for my girlfriend. I didn't get out of that clinic for hours. All the doctors came to examine me from top to bottom. They definitely couldn't believe their eyes.)
But against these herbs and garlic here in the article, I am unfortunately all allergic :( :( :(

The herbs mentioned, together with the garlic above, olive oil and chilly, also seem to have a positive effect on cancer. Otherwise, my husband probably wouldn't have survived so long. Unfortunately his bladder cancer is not curable. He has to go into surgery regularly.

It is not for nothing that the restaurant of Chrüter Oski (Herbs Oski) is always fully booked. He always goes early in the morning to collect fresh herbs and flowers which he then uses in the kitchen for his meals for the guests.
In the village and area in Greece, where my husband comes from, nobody has Corona. They live mainly on home-grown crops - all fresh and healthy. Besides, it's pretty out-of-the-way.
Surprisingly, they survive diseases that are almost impossible to survive. Even if they are very sick, they are still very old! Over 90! Even those who now live abroad.

Our modern and money-rich society has simply become far too sterile. Over lunchtime, many people eat far too quickly and unhealthily. We should definitely slow down again. We also travel far too much to distant countries.

HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Unbelievable how some people have behaved in Spain
“The army, during certain visits, found some older people completely abandoned, sometimes even dead in their beds,” Ms Robles told the TV channel Telecinco.

“We’re going to be very blunt and implacable over this and we have a very clear message: the full weight of the law will fall on those who don’t meet their obligations.”
Source

Lock them up and throw away the key.

John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor »

warmweer wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:29 am
Chloroquine (brandname Nivaquine) used to be THE malaria-prevention but...
I think you're in exaggeration land and very myopic.

Edit-

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/a-man ... d-his-life
Last edited by John connor on Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Awful! :mrgreen:
But also in the hospitals dead people just lie around, because there are no coffins anymore!! You could see it on Greek TV.
Catholics are the most, you can't just burn them.

What can you expect: In 2010 - My mother lay dead in her apartment for two months. She cut off all contact with me. On Friday late at night the police stood in front of my apartment and demanded my toothbrush so that they could identify the dead woman in the apartment. She wasn't even allowed to give me any information. Until Monday, when I couldn't be sure if she'd been mugged or what.
How is such a thing possible! When I entered the house for the first time there was such an extremely penetrating smell and nobody of the neighbours wanted to have noticed anything - also unbelievable and that in the oh so beautiful Switzerland!
The caretaker said to me that this could not be - because she had just seen her. I don't think so, because she hadn't used electricity and hadn't made any phone calls.
And to this day no one knows what she died of. I suspect that she had fallen over and because it was such a stupid and narrow corridor she could not get up. She did not want a mobile phone. I think she had died of thirst and starvation. Like her canary. :(

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:10 pm
warmweer wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:29 am
Chloroquine (brandname Nivaquine) used to be THE malaria-prevention but...
I think you're in exaggeration land and very myopic.
Exaggeration about chloroquine? In which respect? 8-)

For one reason or another I suspect the content of your quote isn't in line with the content of my post you're really reacting to, something I noticed immediately notwithstanding my recently diagnosed myopia.
Oh well, at the worst my limitations are in a developing stage, contrary to those of the subject I was hinting at, where further development is unnecessary as perfection has been reached.

AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

US' first approach was this:
https://www.businessinsider.com/early-coronavirus-cdc-tests-distinguish-covid-water-2020-3 wrote:'It is unclear why quality control did not detect this issue': Early CDC tests couldn't distinguish between the coronavirus and water

...the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention botched its development of testing kits... In particular, some of the CDC's tests wrongly detected the new coronavirus in samples of laboratory-grade water, one email said, according to The Journal. The email, sent from a CDC official to state public-health-lab officials, said some labs found "sporadic reactivity in the negative control of one of the three assay components."

But the CDC had already sent those kits to state public-health labs and had to retrieve them.

"It is unclear why quality control did not detect this issue before the kits were sent out to states," the email said, according to The Journal.

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

On the subject of chloroquine, a not so unlikely effect of ill-considered statements.

Coronavirus: US man dies after taking drug he thought stopped virus

Edit: fixed the "url=" BBcode
Last edited by warmweer on Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Random American

Post by Random American »

warmweer wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:41 pm
-snip-
There is a problem with the nesting of your url bbcode tags.

Return to “General Discussion”