The Coronavirus Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by Tastenplayer »

Coronavirus Rhapsody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Eo9M4-BrJA Vocals: Raúl Irabién / Lyrics: Dana Jay Bein (@danajaybein) / Video post production: Daniel Reyes (@danielreyesmx) / Audio master: Armando Olabuenaga / Based on original song “Bohemian Rhapsody” by Freddy Mercury and Queen

The transmitters are the poisonous little ones, not the huge ones. They fly through my balcony at night again, those little poison dwarves!

Hello (from the Inside) An Adele Parody by Chris Mann
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5azNpTwVk8
nedvrealty

Post by nedvrealty »

Hi, how to creat coronavirus statistic plugin for board? tnx a lot
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

you should be posting this in the extension request forum above.

this is not a support section.

rob ert
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Just in case anyone was naively harbouring the mistaken idea that Trump could not possible sink lower: he's just gone and done it.
When President Donald Trump tweeted "LIBERATE MINNESOTA!" on Friday morning, some of his most fervent supporters in far-right communities — including those who have agitated for violent insurrection — heard a call to arms.

The tweet was one of three sent from the president's account, along with "LIBERATE MICHIGAN!" and "LIBERATE VIRGINIA, and save your great 2nd Amendment. It is under siege!"
Needless to say, there is currently no push to change the Second Amendment (the right to bear arms). Trump is, once again, engaging in outright lying.

Furthermore, he would have known this would be seen as a call to armed revolution by some people. In other words, he has no qualms about inciting some people to kill their fellow citizens if he thinks it will serve his purposes. It's obvious that he's only doing this because he has been under pressure over his handling of the pandemic, and his ego can't take that, so he's looking around for any possible distraction.
Gov. Jay Inslee of Washington condemned Trump's tweets in his own Twitter thread in which he warned the president about encouraging violence.

"The president is fomenting domestic rebellion and spreading lies - even while his own administration says the virus is real, it is deadly and we have a long way to go before restrictions can be lifted," Inslee wrote.
As the saying goes over here: Trump is not fit to run a chook raffle.
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

Free Tibet...
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

I agree that would be an excellent idea. However, China's behaviour in Tibet does nothing to excuse Trump's behaviour, just as Trump's behaviour does nothing to excuse China's behaviour in Tibet, or Orban's behaviour in Hungary, or for that matter Idi Admin's behaviour in Uganda and Pinochet's behaviour in Chile.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Gumboots wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 10:20 pm
Just in case anyone was naively harbouring the mistaken idea that Trump could not possible sink lower: he's just gone and done it.
Really? The people are sick and tired of these certain states where their governors are waaaaay out of control and over stepping their governance. In Michigan the Succubus of a governor has banned people from fishing, going on motor boats, buy something as simple as garden seeds and most of all, and this is most egregious, banning elective surgery like knee replacements, dental procedures, etc. Meanwhile, it's perfectly fine to get an abortion.

Now I smell a dirty rotten Nazi leftist of a governor. And thousands of other people agree. This wasn't instigated by Trump but by the people and I saw on the news a woman who organized the protest in Michigan who is a small business owner. Trump is just favoring the people in their hour of constitutional rights being abridged.

Now lets be clear here. Safety is paramount when it comes to this virus, but some states like Virginia, Michigan or Kentucky are over stepping their bounds with a major draconian mantra. This is NOT something the people will put up with and things could get very ugly if these governors think they can control the masses with their BS.

Most other states such as mine don't have such BS policies. We can go fishing, we can go for a walk on the damn sidewalk, we can buy garden seeds, and if we need much needed dental work we can do that as well. At least that's what the email from my dentist tells me. But these states, these governors have over stepped their bounds. And unless you live here you have no idea. I'm sick and tired of you and a few others say Trump this and that and don't even live here and look at the whole situation though rose colored lenses via the partisan media.

Here in the U.S. we escaped totalitarian bullcrap and the Founding Fathers gave THE PEOPLE their right to protest and freedom as well as express grievances.

You no nothing about what's going on and you look like an idiot posting that mindless drivel.

Gumboots wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:20 am
I agree that would be an excellent idea. However, China's behaviour in Tibet does nothing to excuse Trump's behaviour, just as Trump's behaviour does nothing to excuse China's behaviour in Tibet, or Orban's behaviour in Hungary, or for that matter Idi Admin's behaviour in Uganda and Pinochet's behaviour in Chile.

Or Muslim's behavior in Darfur and damn near every country pointing daggers around a thin little strip of land called Israel. Again, you know nothing!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:48 am
I'm sick and tired of you and a few others say Trump this and that and don't even live here and look at the whole situation though rose colored lenses via the partisan media.
Up to now, you've used mostly Fox to back up your opinion.
How about looking at some external and international coverage? :idea: (unless of course your definition of partisan implies: having a different "opinion"
BTW your use of the word a "few" is objectively incorrect 8-)
John connor wrote:
Here in the U.S. we escaped totalitarian bullcrap and the Founding Fathers gave THE PEOPLE their right to protest and freedom as well as express grievances.
huh? Trump actually stated he has TOTAL authority. (but that backfired :lol: )
John connor wrote:
You no nothing about what's going on and you look like an idiot posting that mindless drivel.
That's your (and a lone) opinion.
Still haven't looked over that fence, have you?
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Back to my suggestion, still. :)
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Between 11 June 1940 and 1 May 1945 in Milan, 2,000 civilians died under World War II bombardments in 5 years; in two months in Lombardy, 11,851 civilians died of the coronavirus, 5 times more than that in two months. :( These things make you think, don't they?
bubbathegimp

Post by bubbathegimp »

They say every cloud has a silver lining.
Now if a Jehovah's witness or somebody else comes to the door and I dont want to be bothered, All I have to do is cough, And ask "Who is it"....
bubbathegimp

Post by bubbathegimp »

TDS is Real
https://thepeoplesledger.com/florida-co ... mslPXMrlYw

Now, Back to our regularly scheduled Pandemic Discussion...

Yup here in Kentucky we now have a Democratic Governor. The only reason that "little Andy"was voted in is that even fellow Republicans in office couldn't stand the former Governor.

We voted in one Evil over another. In our Defense, His Father was a fairly decent Governor at one time, And it was hoped that "The Apple didn't fall to far from the tree.....

I will make sure my papers are in order just in case...
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

bubbathegimp wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:45 pm
They say every cloud has a silver lining.
Now if a Jehovah's witness or somebody else comes to the door and I dont want to be bothered, All I have to do is cough, And ask "Who is it"....
Might not work. We have at least one idiot over here who is convinced that "the blood of Jesus will protect me".
Although I'm not sure where she is expecting to get said blood, given that the relevant body has not been available for quite some time (if the brochures are correct).
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

bubbathegimp wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:05 pm
TDS is Real
https://thepeoplesledger.com/florida-co ... mslPXMrlYw
This happens more times than I can count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8kiYiQJwfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaYdi2lIWCI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlU4D7_uabU

And those doctors in your video were arrested.
bubbathegimp

Post by bubbathegimp »

Happy National Hanging Out Day....

Return to “General Discussion”