The Coronavirus Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Talk19Zehn

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Hello,
John connor wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:22 pm
Do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5-6.
Oh, I'm em Proverbs 3:5-6.
... otionally relevant to proverbs, - right?
So I would like to take this into account, since the calculation should reflect the time factor and the facts on my part?
3:5 = 0.6
0,6-6 = 5,4
Your calculation bases are unknown to me. Feelings can be deceptive and this basically contradicts my request. Feelings have nothing to do with it. Opinion formation is independent of feelings, reality takes hold, --- right?
A grain of sand is and was not the tenor on my part, as I have discussed.
Soylent Green long ago reflected events that have contributed to the formation of opinions worldwide and, in conclusion, to those who are interested worldwide - even today.
Fate is a result of every way of life and form of life.
Edit:
BTW: The film is unique and not out of date today. This is also not a feeling but my opinion. The end of the film is shattering and at the time reflects events that gave an inkling of the facts.
Edit:
Vielleicht spielen Übersetzungsprobleme eine Rolle ...
Maybe translation problems play a role ...
Friendly regards
Last edited by Talk19Zehn on Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

IT said later on it was just... sarcasm. ;) :lol:

Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

There's a reason he is commonly known as "the orange shitgibbon".
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6-o_hi8Huk Wash Your Hands - Donald Trump
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

KevC wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:53 pm
Yep, pretty much every cleaning company has come out today and said don't ingest their products!

This was recent too.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/y3m4 ... oronavirus

He needs to think before he opens his mouth when talking about medical issues and their solutions.
she apparently acted without consulting a doctor,
Who's the dumb one here, really? I'll give you a clue. It's not the president saying what medication many doctors are giving COVID-19 patients, but the people that are stupid and drink fish tank crap. Honestly.

warmweer wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:27 pm

Why is a citation needed when his whole monologue was transcribed (unfortunately I discovered that after I did it myself) and the reactions from knowledgeable people (including some companies that produce disinfectants) were almost immediate.
Because lawyers and stupid people and a company that doesn't want to get sued. The president was making remarks about UV light, heat and humidity, etc citing what he was told or read. To take everything he says to be of a doctor's opinion is YOUR mistake. He's not saying do this or that. He's not saying you can't mow your lawn, buy garden seeds, this or that either. He's echoing what he knows and presenting what he knows to the reporters. If one is stupid enough not to consult their doctor or ingest poison that's their damn fault.

Speaking of UV light. It looks like the president is smarter than a lot of you. https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b

warmweer wrote:
Suggested?? He presented it as though it was one of his exceptionally intelligent observations (like his chloroquine rant - which BTW is a subject he's now avoiding, guess why).
Fauci and colleagues could easily interrupt him and point out his mistakes/stupidities, but then they would become "fake news" (your favourite argument) and Trump's minions would take their place and then what?
I have seen on the news many people given the anti-malaria drug and they bounced back including my own sister. Anyone that's ranting is you. There are many medications being looked at and one of them is for Ebola which the president also mentioned. I can tell you it was tried on at least 100 people and most bounced back withen a week.
warmweer wrote:
Previous presidents have also made mistakes and have taken wrong decisions but none have shown the lack of common sense and realism that Trump exposes (just about every day). This is not about the US, but about Trump who is a spoilt brat who never had to work for a living and who's strongest (and only) argument is "You're fired!

Lack of common sense? Really? You no nothing about former presidents. The last president REALLY lacked common sense by sending some 150 billion to a state sponsor or terrorism, pardoning a terrorist, welcoming back a deserting traitor who got is fellow service men killed looking for him in Afghanistan, hanging out with a terrorist Bill Ayers and going to a radical church for some 20 years. The list goes on. He was in fact called the food stamp president and presided over the worst economic recovery this country has ever seen. And that economy downfall was started by the damn Dems who failed to pass legislation of regulating the GSEs. You think you know it all but don't.

Now about never having to work hard. You're a real idiot because I could hand you or anyone here a million dollars and they will NEVER be able to build an empire like Trump has. The very fact there's at least one lotto winner in one state out of fifty per week underscores what I'm saying. They all blow it withen a year or two never using their money to build upon. Trump may have had it good, but he was smart enough to know how to invest and make his money grow with the business acumen that he has. This is not someone who lacks common sense. In fact, he's not even taking a paycheck being president. Unlike his predecessor who's now rich off his a$$ just being a president and bought a nice place on Martha's Vineyard. And that's just one house.

If you're fired it means your an idiot who deserves to be fired.
Last edited by 2600 on Sat Apr 25, 2020 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

President Donald Trump avoided questions at his White House briefing Friday after giving conflicting responses on his proposed idea of treating coronavirus with disinfectants. Trump said he was being 'sarcastic' when he asked government officials to study the idea of injecting disinfectants as a possible cure for coronavirus.
bwahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vehicle reversing.

There is no way he was being sarcastic. And if he was, at best he's guilty of gross irresponsibility for not making that clear while knowing he's in a live televised conference that people are watching. That's call trying to limit the damage you know you've done when you've gone back to the office and your medical advisors have gone absolutely mental at what he's said on TV.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

This Monday, April 27, HAUSER will give a special performance in his hometown in the iconic Arena Pula, Croatia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vP0ZfcuiR2c
He would like to dedicate this performance to amazing efforts of all the frontline workers around the world and pay tribute to all that is good in humanity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eYuUAV ... 6c3e7a8751

HAUSER - Caruso
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7uakHWdSr4
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

I think it's reactions like this that have him madly backpedalling:
Walter Shaub, the former director of the Office of Government Ethics, added: “It is incomprehensible to me that a moron like this holds the highest office in the land and that there exist people stupid enough to think this is OK. I can’t believe that in 2020 I have to caution anyone listening to the president that injecting disinfectant could kill you.”
And Trump's excuse about "being sarcastic" is just ludicrous. It seems that what actually happened is that he was privately lobbied by a peddler of quack cures, who is in trouble with the FDA but is a favourite of some US conservatives.
The leader of the most prominent group in the US peddling potentially lethal industrial bleach as a “miracle cure” for coronavirus wrote to Donald Trump at the White House this week.

In his letter, Mark Grenon told Trump that chlorine dioxide – a powerful bleach used in industrial processes such as textile manufacturing that can have fatal side-effects when drunk – is “a wonderful detox that can kill 99% of the pathogens in the body”. He added that it “can rid the body of Covid-19”.

A few days after Grenon dispatched his letter, Trump went on national TV at his daily coronavirus briefing at the White House on Thursday and promoted the idea that disinfectant could be used as a treatment for the virus. To the astonishment of medical experts, the US president said that disinfectant “knocks it out in a minute. One minute!”
But the injection idea seems to be all Trump's, since Grenon was only advocating drinking the stuff.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 11:40 am
Who's the dumb one here, really? I'll give you a clue. It's not the president saying what medication many doctors are giving COVID-19 patients, but the people that are stupid and drink fish tank crap. Honestly.
Let's be serious. The self-proclaimed superintelligent hypochondriac doesn't realise that his words will be taken seriously by the less-enlightened???
And BTW, perhaps you should listen carefully to what he said: he never said that doctors were administering UV or very strong light as he so eloquently put it, nor did he state that doctors were "putting" strong disinfectants inside the body. But he did mention that (since he has a good *points at thin air between the temporal bones*) it seems a good idea to him to use the powerful light and stuff, etc.. inside the body through the skin or by other means.
John connor wrote:
Speaking of UV light. It looks like the president is smarter than a lot of you. https://apnews.com/b44f4531071e6204023f7b8e16f59d4b
Or ..., perhaps the president jumped on an article which states that company A has bought the rights to produce something which according to some research papers (which I can't seem to find - and believe you me, I have access to a lot more than I can ever read) seems to have been successfully tested on corona in humans. Funny thing is UV treatment is far from new territory in treating certain skin conditions but he's talking about way past skin deep treatment. It's something I'll make some inquiries about next week (as sceptical as I am, I prefer some enlightening (wordplay intended) before forming an opinion).
John connor wrote:
I have seen on the news many people given the anti-malaria drug and they bounced back including my own sister. Anyone that's ranting is you. There are many medications being looked at and one of them is for Ebola which the president also mentioned. I can tell you it was tried on at least 100 people and most bounced back withen a week.
Yeah, if scientific conclusions were based on that then paracetamol is the way to go, closely followed by aspirin. Currently trials are still being performed (statistically valid trials, double blind, contrary to the ones Trump referred to about a month or so ago) but many have been terminated prematurely because a) no positive effect was noticed and b) in many cases the patient's situation deteriorated due to side effects. Again, not jumping to conclusions prematurely, but for myself ? no way
John connor wrote:
Now about never having to work hard. You're a real idiot because I could hand you or anyone here a million dollars and they will NEVER be able to build an empire like Trump has.
Try me! Give me a million dollars now, and I guarantee I'll have 3 million in 10 years time. If not I'll give you back that million.
John connor wrote:
If you're fired it means your an idiot who deserves to be fired.
Perhaps, but this reasoning fails when the idiot has no one above him (or her).

On a final note: a week ago (or longer) you triumphantly pointed out some spelling mistakes (some of which actually weren't mistakes) I made in a post .
I don't mind that at all. In fact, English not being my native language, I embrace each opportunity to learn from my mistakes. However, seeing the number of mistakes in your post, I won't even reread my post and I'll just let you have fun with it.
Elias
Name: Elias

Post by Elias »

Got a headache reading this topic haha
Good luck to all and stay safe ;)
"Mystery creates wonder, and wonder is the basis of man's desire to understand." - Neil Armstrong
|Installing Extensions|Writing Extensions|Extension Validation Policy|
Offering private web hosting. Contact me for details.
tbackoff
Former Team Member
Name: Tabitha Backoff

Post by tbackoff »

John connor wrote:
The last president [snip] presided over the worst economic recovery this country has ever seen. And that economy downfall was started by the damn Dems
I'm sorry, Obama didn't take office until 2009. The economy recovered under him. The economic crash you're referencing started in 2008 and a Republican was in office in the years prior that. Who failed who here?
Elias wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:22 pm
Got a headache reading this topic haha
Good luck to all and stay safe ;)
Agreed. Think I'll stay out of this topic now. :)
Flying is the second best thrill to cheerleaders; being caught is the first.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Even Fox News isn't trying to downplay DT's rants any more.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/states-spike ... trol-calls
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

tbackoff wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:25 pm
Agreed. Think I'll stay out of this topic now. :)

Good because you can't comprehend what I was referring to about the Dems (Congress) failing to regulate the GSEs, thus the housing bubble burst and we had a recession due to it. The president had nothing to do with it, but I was stating that Obozo did IN FACT preside over the worst economic recovery in modern times. And no, the economy improved ten fold once Trump took the helm and used his business acumen to get people back to work and off food stamps, etc. Once Trump took office Americans have enjoyed a better employment outlook, their 401ks growing with almost daily record stock market gains and a stronger GDP. No, Obama didn't do that. In fact, Obozo "didn't build that."
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

warmweer wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:56 pm
Even Fox News isn't trying to downplay DT's rants any more.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/states-spike ... trol-calls
"States see spike in poison control calls following Trump's comments on injecting disinfectant."

Should say, "States see spike in the stupid."

Honestly. These people vote and it's why we have career politician douche-bags term after term no thanks to stupid people throwing out their only sacred vote to chose a competent policy maker and representative. Nancy Pelosi, AOC and Omar are perfect examples of the byproduct of the STUPID!

Perhaps we are seeing Darwinism at work and the stupid will phase out. Trump is very smart if that's his motive. :lol:
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Corona Boogie Woogie - Markku & Harmonica Hawk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQB1iqMzYHw

Yesterday I connected the small loudspeaker box from my wedding ceremony to the notebook and put it on the windowsill. Fully turned up and played the local Corona song. Nobody reacted. It was definitely very loud. What strange people it has in our village. At least there were no complaints about :) That would have been the peak.

Return to “General Discussion”