The Coronavirus Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Locked
User avatar
Tastenplayer
Registered User
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:20 pm
Location: Switzerland
Name: Jutta Koliofotis
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by Tastenplayer »

Bon Jovi - It's My Life (Live from Home 2020)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeu5CLX8ngY
Recorded for Rise Up New York! The Robin Hood Relief Benefit May 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUxIwnf_wZk

Queen "Hammer to Fall" performed by The Classic Rock Show, with special guest Brian May
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvIo6onJf54

Brian played the song "Love Of My Life" with several Chello players during the Corona crisis (April and May). It has some videos on YT. Also with guitars and harp player together.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm3SQAGgE60

Queen + Adam Lambert - 'You Are The Champions' (New Lockdown version! Recorded on mobile phones!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LcLqIHzNkY As always, the best comes last (2:16).
All proceeds going towards Covid-19 Solidarity Response Fund for The World Health Organisation.
User avatar
kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 2776
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:00 am
Location: sudo rm -rf /
Name: Kailey Truscott
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by kinerity »

Tastenplayer wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:59 am
Bon Jovi - It's My Life
The original song (and music video) are much better. :)
Kailey Truscott - Community Team
GitHub repositories (including un-released extensions)
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by John connor »

thecoalman wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:49 am
The study that concluded hydroxychloroquine was ineffective against covid-19 and even produced worse outcomes has been retracted. This is the study that caused the WHO to temporarily halt clinical studies which have been resumed.

https://www.thelancet.com/lancet/articl ... 3620313246

If you do want to dig around the gist of it is that other researchers in the field began to question some things, specifically the amount of data they claimed to be using. The company supplying the data was unknown, small amount of employees etc. Basically it would be technically impossible for them to have it in such short time with so few employees. Yesterday they started a review and the company refused to provide a full set of data so it's been retracted by three of the authors. A fourth author owns the data company in question. No comment from him apparently.

Nothing to see here folks....
The WHO is a pile of crap along with the UN. Many, many people were given hydroxychloroquine when they had COVID-19 including my own sister and there were no side effects to be heard of. Some media pundits were all saying with absolute certainly that "it will kill you!" Now here the media claims Trump can't say this or that, but go on ahead and make their own claims. I think it's safe to say the the president may be a little more purvey to first hand knowledge over the media blather and propaganda. Especially since hydroxychloroquine modulates the immune system, and has been used for years and years for lupus, malaria and arthritis with no ill effects. It's sad to take a treatment and make it a political football at the expensive of people's lives all because Trump talked about it. There are even governors out there that refuse to let people use it. Excuse me, but this is a decision between the doctor and patient, not a blow hard no nothing politician. That really pisses me off!
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:31 pm
... and has been used for years and years for lupus, malaria and arthritis with no ill effects. ...
Fact check
https://www.healthline.com/health/hydro ... ral-tablet
https://www.drugs.com/hydroxychloroquine.html#
https://www.versusarthritis.org/about-a ... loroquine/
etc...

JC, you're entitled to your opinion on the WHO, DT, in fact on any matter.
If you don't agree with long known and accepted scientific knowledge: that's allowed, however the medical/scientific world is clear about hydroxychloroquine: adverse side effects are prevalent, well known and could cause permanent damage.

If you claim otherwise: please provide researchable substantiation (and try to reduce the use of the word asinine ... it's becoming ol'skool)
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by John connor »

And your so-called point is null and void once again. ALL drugs have side effects in some form for certain people. That doesn't mean everyone will have them.

From Wikipedia:
Hydroxychloroquine was approved for medical use in the United States in 1955.[2] It is on the World Health Organization's List of Essential Medicines, the safest and most effective medicines needed in a health system.[8] In 2017, it was the 128th most commonly prescribed medication in the United States, with more than five million prescriptions.[9][10] The speculative use of hydroxychloroquine for COVID‑19 threatens its availability for people with established indications.[4]
Catch that? Used since 1955 and is in the WHO's list of essential drugs. You see that word "safe" there? Don't like that? Then be an idiot and edit the article and watch your edit get removed.

You know what another drug is that is old as the hills, been prescribed all over the place, has side effects as well, but is still prescribed and you should in fact take it? Haldol.

https://www.rxlist.com/haldol-side-effe ... center.htm

Just because Trump talked about hydroxychloroquine doesn't mean you, and the left-wing ASININE! press has to BS about it and lay claim that they have a PhD.

Edit-

This is a decision between the doctor and patient, NOT a blow hard politician or some media carnie saying it WILL kill you. Bad enough people are wearing masks in their own car or walking the dog down the street with gloves and a mask. This is where the media has done a great disservice to the community and in fact the people let the media craw up inside their rectum.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:49 am
another rant
Maybe you should quit, or at least reduce the Haldol you're taking. Although it is used to calm down patients with specific symptoms, it's clearly not working for you, or the side effects are worse than expected.
User avatar
bubbathegimp
Registered User
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:02 pm
Location: Off Plumb
Name: Bubba
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by bubbathegimp »

Theres Hope
Smoke Rope
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by John connor »

So the WHO is saying now that if you're asymptomatic you may not be spreading this like what was originally thought. Source: https://www.foxnews.com/science/coronav ... d-rare-who

Now since WHO has a load of issues with this pandemic, I think I'll wait and see if another organization echos the same data like the CDC and doctors.


warmweer wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:47 pm
John connor wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:49 am
another rant
Maybe you should quit, or at least reduce the Haldol you're taking. Although it is used to calm down patients with specific symptoms, it's clearly not working for you, or the side effects are worse than expected.
I have to respond to this blather.

You run the risk of your monitor blowing up in your face because it's getting mighty tired of the BS you type.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:52 am
So the WHO is saying now that if you're asymptomatic you may not be spreading this like what was originally thought. Source: https://www.foxnews.com/science/coronav ... d-rare-who

Now since WHO has a load of issues with this pandemic, I think I'll wait and see if another organization echos the same data like the CDC and doctors.
The exact statement is:
From the data we have, it still seems to be rare that an asymptomatic person actually transmits onward to a secondary individual.
Note: it seems to be rare.
This observation was made around mid April but at that time the data was insufficient - testing was mostly done on those showing symptoms and these (if positive) are confirmed spreaders.
For clarity's sake: the statement in no way implies that asymptomatic carriers cannot transmit the virus.
John connor wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:52 am
I have to respond to this blather.

You run the risk of your monitor blowing up in your face because it's getting mighty tired of the BS you type.
No: there's no obligation whatsoever to respond.
Anyway: 3 errors in your statement:
  1. there's no risk
  2. it's not getting tired
  3. it's not me typing the bullshit
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by John connor »

I don't know. All I know is that this virus and others are so damn small you have to use an electron microscope to see it. And I think EVERYONE can carry it on their fingers and others will pick it up, touch finger/s to mouth, nose and eyes and bam! Now you have it. So in this sense, whether you're asymptomatic or not doesn't mean jack. Does it "seem" like common sense, or is WHO being Huh?

Addendum:

I'm not a virologist, biologist, any type of scientist, chemist, etc, but why hasn't there been (maybe there has) any talk about cloning antibodies and mass producing that for a vaccine? Now I do remember that I guess a clone only has half its life, but it may be better than nothing in this endeavor. Besides, once the antibody is introduced inside the body, the body will create copies of it. So the half life issue would be null and void you'd think. That is if we can clone antibodies...
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:53 am
I don't know. All I know is that this virus and others are so damn small you have to use an electron microscope to see it. And I think EVERYONE can carry it on their fingers and others will pick it up, touch finger/s to mouth, nose and eyes and bam! Now you have it. So in this sense, whether you're asymptomatic or not doesn't mean jack. Does it "seem" like common sense, or is WHO being Huh?
What's important in relation to reopening the economy is risk assessment: especially related to work. If it turns out that the risk that asymptomatic carriers aren't spreaders (purely hypothetical at this stage), then that's a part of the population that could return to work instead of having to self-isolate.
John connor wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:53 am
I'm not a virologist, biologist, any type of scientist, chemist, etc, but why hasn't there been (maybe there has) any talk about cloning antibodies and mass producing that for a vaccine? Now I do remember that I guess a clone only has half its life, but it may be better than nothing in this endeavor. Besides, once the antibody is introduced inside the body, the body will create copies of it. So the half life issue would be null and void you'd think. That is if we can clone antibodies.
It's not that simple: antibodies are produced by the infected person. Extracting antibodies and giving those to other persons does not make the body copy those. What it really does is attack the virus, thus reducing the stress put on the body of the recipient, giving it more time to react itself (not entirely correct but that's the principle : I'm not going to write an essay describing the many ways a body reacts to an infection (and also overreacts).
One problem is that an antibody from someone else is in fact a foreign object and in some cases the body recognises it as an intruder and will react adversely.

Currently (depending on the region), only 3% to 6% of the population have antibodies.
User avatar
Tastenplayer
Registered User
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:20 pm
Location: Switzerland
Name: Jutta Koliofotis
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by Tastenplayer »

kinerity wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:29 pm
Tastenplayer wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:59 am
Bon Jovi - It's My Life
The original song (and music video) are much better. :)
Yes but this is not an at home recording but created in a professional studio. :D
I think it's great how various artists get involved in fundraising campaigns in Corona times. For an at home recording I find it quite good! There are many popular singers who could not do this.
User avatar
kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 2776
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:00 am
Location: sudo rm -rf /
Name: Kailey Truscott
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by kinerity »

Oh, I'm not bashing it as, like you said, it was done at home. I just prefer the original - maybe I'm old school? :lol:
Kailey Truscott - Community Team
GitHub repositories (including un-released extensions)
User avatar
Tastenplayer
Registered User
Posts: 725
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:20 pm
Location: Switzerland
Name: Jutta Koliofotis
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by Tastenplayer »

kinerity wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:22 am
Oh, I'm not bashing it as, like you said, it was done at home. I just prefer the original - maybe I'm old school? :lol:
Of course the original is much better. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be normal. But of course there was a lot more technic and adjustments in the game.
I'm still more in favour of unplugged versions. With these versions you only hear when someone can't do anything at all. :lol:

There was a quite successful singer (or was it a woman) :-). Anyway, there were only records and they sounded really great. But he/she couldn't sing live.
Let's see if Google gives me an appropriate result. But I've been looking for this for a long time.
-- End Off topic
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2557
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by John connor »

Tastenplayer wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:59 am
Bon Jovi - It's My Life (Live from Home 2020)
I've always wanted to know who Tommy and Jeena were. :lol: I think he mentions their names in two different songs. I have lots of Bon Jovi in my Spotify account, but I find myself skipping the tracks when they play because hearing the same songs some 500^10 power all over again gets mighty old. Just like all the Tom Petty I have in my playlist. Been listening to Tom Petty since the 80s and today I probably heard the song 'I won't Back Down' 1,000 times already. But for some odd reason I had this song on repeat for at least 5 hours straight while on my computer. I think it's because I can use my imagination and see myself there... ah, 'the good life.'
Locked

Return to “General Discussion”