The Coronavirus Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by thecoalman »

mrgtb wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 10:10 pm
America is rising fast again with new cases all week.

Texas and California with 10,000 new infections today. Been that was all week. And some other states are starting to rise again
You can't go by totals. Since early June the amount of testing in the US has increased substantially. For total tests I believe only China has exceeded the US and per capita the US is near the top for that as well. The more you test necessarily increases the totals.

A better indicator is infections per capita but that is not crystal clear indicator either because who is getting tested and countries using different methods to compile the numbers. The positive rate in the US is higher but it's not outrageously higher.

Also keep in mind this may be with us for a very long time and if that is the case the countries with lower infection rates may only be prolonging the inevitable.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

In many countries, the number of people who fall ill would be much higher. All people would have to be tested so that the correct numbers could be determined. But unfortunately this is impossible, because there are not enough tests and they are also expensive. At the very least, everyone who is ill should be able to get tested. Which, as you can see in Switzerland, is not the case either.
There are also the many people who are resistant to disease. They are infected but never get sick. But they are carriers and infect many people.

I'm sure not even everyone who's sick is reporting in. I think that especially those people who live extremely remotely and never go to the doctor will certainly only call in in an absolute urgency.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Blame your country politics. Here in Germany the masks are mandatory on public transports since many months ago (example). ;)
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

It was actually quite good, but extremely many people had not followed the guidelines. Not even during the shutdown. There was never a lockdown here.
I think it's a shame that masks from China are sold everywhere, even though there are masks made in Switzerland that are still not allowed to be sold.

By the way, the SBB representative (railway) said that you can take off your mask to eat and drink. Therefore, all opponents and deniers will now probably only travel with food and drink in their hands.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

I am using masks from China which passed the EU validation and as such I can trust them.
Very cheap (25 x 14€) and are sold in supermarkets like all other consumer goods.
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Here at Aldi and Lidl 10 masks Fr. 7.70
Package with 50 pieces Fr. 39.90 in many supermarkets.

The problem with the China masks is that the rubber band is too large. Problems for hearing aid wearers :)
Besides: the blue ones from China only protect if all people wear them. If only a few wear them, they protect others but not me. That's why I need the white ffp2 masks and unfortunately there are still too few of them, which is why they have become much too expensive.
I only want to buy approved fabric masks. With the same protective functions as the white ones.

Also well, in search of a picture the masks found cheaper (Fr. 10.- lesser) :mrgreen:
https://survivo.ch/shop/einweg-maske-ffp2-schweiz/
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

You've made up your mind to live in Switzerland, so get over it. Problems always come up in real emergencies, but you should consider the details in detail. I prefer to live in Germany than in Italy and yet I was born Italian. Matters of points of view and a much better life.
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Now with Corona I can be thankful. But I sometimes thought I was a donkey for not taking the apartment in Italy on the Swiss border from my pen pal for 700 francs a year, simply because I was pregnant with my son. (It was quite a nice house for me alone, she would only have come on holiday twice a year)
It's been a long time, but never forget that mistake! 1983/84. It was the biggest false decision of my life!
John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor »

https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-v ... stleblower
Hong Kong scientist Dr. Li-Meng Yan was stepping into uncharted territory.

Hours before she boarded an April 28 Cathay Pacific flight to the United States, the respected doctor who specialized in virology and immunology at the Hong Kong School of Public Health had plotted her escape, packing her bag and sneaking past the censors and video cameras on campus.

She had her passport and her purse and was about to leave all of her loved ones behind. If she was caught, she knew she could be thrown in jail -- or, worse, rendered one of the "disappeared."

Yan told Fox News in an exclusive interview that she believes the Chinese government knew about the novel coronavirus well before it claimed it did. She says her supervisors, renowned as some of the top experts in the field, also ignored research she was doing at the onset of the pandemic that she believes could have saved lives.
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Limeng_Yan

Is it any wonder why the president of the United States pulled funding from the WHO?
John connor

Post by John connor »

warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:31 am
https://www.foxnews.com/world/chinese-v ... stleblower
Hong Kong scientist Dr. Li-Meng Yan was stepping into uncharted territory.
There's certainly some disturbing info coming from that direction, and it does seem that China wasn't as honest as we would expect, certainly with the risk that became apparent.
John connor wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:31 am
Is it any wonder why the president of the United States pulled funding from the WHO?
Perhaps he had/has knowledge which he hasn't yet shared with the rest of the world? That would be entirely acceptable, wouldn't it?
John connor wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:34 am
About hydroxychloroquine. https://video.foxnews.com/v/6170866892001#sp=show-clips
If there is verifiable evidence that it is beneficial, why not? Until then ...
Talk19Zehn

Post by Talk19Zehn »

Hello,
some about news: ventilation, filtering and warming up !? :?

Regards .... :)

Edit: 12.07.2020
https://www.who.int/docs/default-source ... ep-166.pdf
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Situation Report–166Data as received by WHO from national authorities by 10:00 CEST, 4July2020
Last edited by Talk19Zehn on Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John connor

Post by John connor »

warmweer wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:23 am
If there is verifiable evidence that it is beneficial, why not? Until then ...
It does! You haven't read or saw the real information at all. Were you even able to grasp what was said in that video by two doctors? I believe several months back already I posed a video with two doctors saying the same thing.

I think what we have here are two issues. 1) Because Trump talked about the use of hydroxychloroquine and since Trump is hated like Jesus by the media, it's now a political football. 2) Hydroxychloroquine is a very old drug and has been used as a prophylactic in places like India and Turkey and used for rheumatoid arthritis and malaria without too many side effects and is in fact a hell of a lot cheaper than Remdesivir where Falci has an invested interest in. I don't particularly care for that guy. I have a sense of clairvoyance about people and he gives me the same vibe I had when Clinton was elected.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:49 am
It does! You haven't read or saw the real information at all. Were you even able to grasp what was said in that video by two doctors? I believe several months back already I posed a video with two doctors saying the same thing.
First of all, Fox News isn't the only possible source of information, and second: there are still people claiming that AIDS is a hoax :idea: .
You might considering broadening your source of information.
John connor wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:49 am
I think what we have here are two issues. 1) Because Trump talked about the use of hydroxychloroquine and since Trump is hated like Jesus by the media, it's now a political football. 2) Hydroxychloroquine is a very old drug and has been used as a prophylactic in places like India and Turkey and used for rheumatoid arthritis and malaria without too many side effects and is in fact a hell of a lot cheaper than Remdesivir where Falci has an invested interest in. I don't particularly care for that guy. I have a sense of clairvoyance about people and he gives me the same vibe I had when Clinton was elected.
Issue 1: why did DT talk about hydroxychloroquinine? What was/is his interest? He actually mentioned that he took it as a prophylactic measure, yet it was never seriously considered as a prophylactic but viewed as a possible treatment to shorten IC treatment.
Issue 2: Hydroxychloroquine was mainly used as a malaria prophylactic but had negative side-effects in many cases (where did you get the "not too many" side effects?
Issue 3: "Fauci has an invested intrest in remsidivir"? Interesting, verifiable sources please.

Fact: hydrochloroquine has been used in testing after Trump made his statement that he was taking it, and although some (statistically not relevant) positive effect was noticed, initially the negative effects were reason to stop the testing.
Later testing was resumed in better (even more controlled) conditions and results showed that the little positive effect did not outweigh the risks, and testing was halted again.
John connor

Post by John connor »

You're very myopic and post nothing but conjecture based on the crap you absorb though your media channels. It's as simple as that in a nutshell without me wasting yet more time typing at least four damn paragraphs trying to explain to you how hydroxychloroquine has been used the world over, modulates the immune system, is in fact a very old drug, doesn't have the absolute horror film side effects you and your ilk perceive it to have and was given to my very own sister who had COVID-19 and was near being put on a ventilator only to bounce back. Believe me when I tell you that when you see your own dad and mom cry thinking they'd lose their child you don't give a fat, brown shit less what the media ass$#holes say about hydroxychloroquine. It's like the president said. If it has a chance, a CHANCE! to help someone recover from this plague then by all means USE IT! And to top it off it has in fact showed promise FFS!

As to Falci's invested interest I talked about, read here: https://www.newsweek.com/dr-fauci-backe ... ch-1500741

It's called gain-of-function and I call it gain of backroom deals and probably China payments lining the pockets of bureaucrats. It was in fact Faci that funded this pandemic and it was in fact China's lab that carelessly allowed it to escape. This is why I think Falci is a f!@# idiot.

Edit-

China needs a boot in their ass and so does Falci. But that's just between me, the sick and those buried in the potter's ground.

PPS. I read somewhere that Falci had some kind of monetary interest in Remdesivir or what ever, but I can't find the source now. It appears that may have been the usual bull crap posted on Facebook. Still think the guy is an idiot Frankenstein.

Return to “General Discussion”