The Coronavirus Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by 3Di »

John connor wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Falci's
John connor wrote:
that Falci
Hello? That's Fauci. I wish I knew who you're talking about.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
You're very myopic and post nothing but conjecture based on the crap you absorb though your media channels.
Typical ad hominem fallacy.
John connor wrote:
PPS. I read somewhere that Falci had some kind of monetary interest in Remdesivir or what ever, but I can't find the source now. It appears that may have been the usual bull crap posted on Facebook. Still think the guy is an idiot Frankenstein.
Oh, you read something somewhere !? And that is sufficient to shout that Fauci (you seem to imply that it was his money) funded this pandemic ..?!

I'm not excluding anything about the origin of the virus nor about a possible breach of security in the lab (however unlikely) but do you realise that the kind of research that was/is conducted in China happens in just about every country that has the biosafety level 4 technology (and in quite a few countries which are even less transparent). Not that this is relevant to the discussion except for the fact that it was a known biosafety level 4 problem (to the public) the moment Wuhan was shut down, and Trump continued to play down the risk and did not heed the signals which came from other countries, notably from Italy. Not saying Europe reacted fast enough, but once the danger was realised, a strategy was devised, quite different from DT's negationist strategy until it was too late.

Anyway. You're entitled to your opinion and in about 20 years (perhaps more) the world (including the US) will look back on this episode in a more objective way. And Sarah Conner's persiflages will still be funny.
John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor »

warmweer wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:51 pm

Oh, you read something somewhere !? And that is sufficient to shout that Fauci (you seem to imply that it was his money) funded this pandemic ..?!
Not his money, OUR money by virtue of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases he is head of.
warmweer wrote:
I'm not excluding anything about the origin of the virus nor about a possible breach of security in the lab (however unlikely)
However unlikely? Really? The State Department and the WHO warned about this lab's security FFS
warmweer wrote:
but do you realise that the kind of research that was/is conducted in China happens in just about every country that has the biosafety level 4 technology
I don't care if it's bio-safety level 10! Fact is China's carelessness let this plague rat out of the bag yet again.

Fauci promotes gain-of-function research and many scientists have said that kind of research shouldn't happen and look what we have now.

warmweer wrote:
Trump continued to play down the risk and did not heed the signals which came from other countries, notably from Italy.
You do realize Trump imposed a travel ban way back in January from China despite what his own administration was telling him and then he was given BS and saying he was racist and other crap. Never mind the fact other countries never had a restriction back in January. In addition to that, people that came from China were put into quarantine. Most notably put into quarantine at March Air force base which I have been to many years ago.

Do me a favor. From RIV fly direct 272 to WHA and stay there!
kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Post by kinerity »

Just a friendly reminder that while we don't mind discussion of differing opinions, please keep replies in this topic respectful. ;)
Kailey Truscott - Community Team
GitHub repositories (including un-released extensions)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:04 pm
You do realize Trump imposed a travel ban way back in January from China despite what his own administration was telling him and then he was given BS and saying he was racist and other crap.
Oh yeah, I remember that and also remember saying that the way the travel ban was set up, would end in a disaster as it was full of holes. That was one of those media stunts, implying that it would would come directly from China. But, a simple stopover in another country ... and pass right through sir,madam!
Of course it slowed down entry, but it also allowed, even induced entry via other ways AND gave a false sense of security (to those who believed). The same mistake was made in Europe initially. The difference is, Europe = 50 countries with no single formal leader, but the US = 50 states with 1 president who had the total authority to close borders.
Sometime in March, an acquaintance of mine returned to the US from Germany, and as a US citizen he (+ wife) walked right through, no checks at the US border. As far as I remember, in March I wasn't even allowed to leave Belgium without special authorisation and GDI Belgium was hermetically sealed overnight.

To be honest, I can't remember the time sequence of the various measures installed in each country and I'm too lazy to look it all up, but I do remember having discussions about how the US was closing its eyes (and about 1 guy stating: we got it under control) instead of learning from the rest of the world. GDI Italy was in full bloom, and Spain's and Germany's buds were already half opening.
Respectfully, the US (under the leadership of ...) acted as though it was just one of those things it can handle like nobody else can.
Luckily there are State governors and city Mayors who took action on their own (and that it wouldn't be good for their "approval rate" was accepted collateral damage).

The moment Wuhan was sealed, there was no doubt that Mayhem was to come: yet still now there's a buffoon claiming that he/they are in a good place. (and oh yeah, the reason we have so many cases, is because we test so much, BTW it's tremendous testing, the best in the world, so that probably implies the cases are also the best in the world. :? )

For clarity's sake, no president could have stopped this, but it sure could have been levelled (which it hasn't been yet) a lot earlier. (but yeah self glorification is a time-consuming business and n°1 priority).

End of rant: I'm even disillusioned by my giving in to the urge to react (another 15 minutes wasted) :roll:
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53392817 (published an hour ago)

specifically the video (The lost six weeks when the US failed to control the virus)
It's a bit ironic that the timeline of events largely corresponds with what I wrote earlier and the conclusion is the same: the window for action was completely missed.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

The SRF magazine "Espresso" reports that 50 hygiene masks only cost 4.90 Swiss francs during the swine flu pandemic in 2009.

Demand determines the price: retailers have to pass on the increased prices of their suppliers to the customer.
But the discounters are commissioned by the federal government to supply the hygiene masks at cost price.

Recently 50 hygiene masks cost 34.90 francs.
But the discounters have started a price war: While the masks at Coop and Migros still cost 34.90 francs, Lidl and Aldi have lowered the price to 19.90.
At Denner, the 50 pack now costs 24.90 francs.

10 masks at Coop 14.95 francs

Anyone who has left his mask at home and wants to buy one quickly at the Selecta vending machine at the station has to pay considerably more. Two masks cost 3 francs.
k kiosk: A set of tens costs 9.95 francs.

More and more people and institutions want free masks for people with little income.
Aftertaste of compulsory masks in public transport: More and more masks are on the ground near bus stations. This although it has a waste bin at every bus stop. There are also masks around the Robidog buckets. So it is definitely a demonstrative gesture to show that they are against the mask duty.
Besides: Since Corona hardly anybody here in the village seems to take the dog excrement with the Robidog bag - Ugh :twisted: . The bags do not even have to be paid for. There's a bucket everywhere. But sometimes it takes forever to open them (Those from the roll are extremely thin and stick through the sun. The red ones on the normal waste bin are even thinner.) - you can't quickly moisten your fingers anymore. :) Corona seems to have many side effects.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
3Di
Former Team Member

Covid, the vaccine works.

Post by 3Di »

Covid, the vaccine works. The goal is to distribute it without experimentation
The most promising vaccine against the Coronavirus SARS-COV-2 and COVID-19, that of AstraZeneca and the University of Oxford and "sponsored" by Bill Gates, does not stop the contagion in humans but reduces the disease to a little cough and sore throat: to sprout nails to the virus takes a double dose, which increases costs and time of the operation. This is what La Stampa wrote today in an article signed by Paolo Russo, specifying that precisely for this reason the European Union intends to ask the European drug agency (EMA) to give the go-ahead for the administration of the vaccine to the most exposed sections of the population while phase 3 of the trial is still in progress.
Posted just 2 hours ago @ Italian press.
https://www.nextquotidiano.it/vaccino-c ... vo-europa/

Translate it for yourself -> https://www.deepl.com/translator
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

3Di wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:38 am
Covid, the vaccine works. The goal is to distribute it without experimentation
No one will be able to force me to make myself available as a guinea pig.
For one thing, I am allergic to most medications, including normal vaccinations. Furthermore, they are supposed to test me for antibodies first, free of charge, not for 250 francs which I have to pay myself.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Do what you want. Just stay at home in the meantime, thanks. ;)
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

3Di wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:44 am
Do what you want. Just stay at home in the meantime, thanks. ;)
When I go among people, I always put on the expensive ffp2 mask, which protects myself and all others. I also wear glasses with huge lenses - also hardly any infection via the eyes is possible. I'm dodging all people. My dog must be kept on a leash in the whole village up to the forest. I only go to town in an emergency.

Who knows what late effects this untested Corona vaccination will have. Maybe in a few years many people will get cancer because of it or suffer other forms of damage from it. e.g. Remember the Contergan scandal! https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contergan-Skandal

The alternative full protection, in addition to the hygiene mask
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Serious side effects are excluded.

Read first, then answer. Sorry.
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

3Di wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:04 am
Serious side effects are excluded.

Read first, then answer. Sorry.
This has already been claimed with several drugs and vaccinations. This with extensively tested drugs. Nevertheless there were drastic side effects and damages. Many medicines were taken off the market immediately or years later. How can you say that with a hardly tested medicine!

Over the years one has heard and seen some bad things concerning seemingly harmless medicines without side effects.
But in need, the otherwise rather skeptical person eats everything.
Last edited by Tastenplayer on Tue Jul 14, 2020 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

I can't find value in arguing.
Do what you want, just please stop rants.

Let's cut to the chase, if you're okay with it, otherwise stay at home or wherever you think is best, as long as there's no way to infect each other, we've had enough of anti-this and anti-that extremists.

You're just an extreme minority, thank God.
Also, pls stop editing previous posts, it makes a non sense.
Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Then get vaccinated immediately and when they later lose all their hair and you get red blisters on your head, you can be glad that nothing worse happened.
I've become careful. Because even from the supposedly harmless tuberculosis vaccination, several children had gotten fever around 41 degrees in school or huge bales at the vaccination site and had to be treated in an emergency, including me. So later there was another vaccine.

Return to “General Discussion”