The Coronavirus Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Dan Stylez

Re: The Coronavirus Topic

Post by Dan Stylez »

So now the White House is taking over on the reporting of Covid 19 death figures...

I get the feeling that all of a sudden, the numbers will rapidly start falling in the US over the next 2 weeks.

And here in the UK the numbers are being reviewed, we've been reporting too many deaths apparently, no doubt our numbers will somehow be made to look like we've done a good job.

To be fair since the pandemic began, Italy has been the only big country who appear to be blatantly honest, although some of the things are not nice to here i/e long term effects to covid survivors - the fact they are open and honest about it is reassuring.

Italy's Front Line, A Doctors Diary - was well worth the watch.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... tors-diary
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Thank you for the kind words and intellectual honesty.
I was born in the most affected Italian city and I assure you that the news I had to receive and digest from my loved ones who are there hurt me considerably, finding myself abroad. They may criticize us but history in the future can hardly blame us. 🇮🇹

A special thanks to all our heroes of the Italian National Health System (which is free for everyone). 👍
John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor »

This is why I think Fauci ("God") is an idiot. And unless you live here you have no say. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbfiqxDgOZ0
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

How to miss an easy chance to not be recognized further.
Random American

Post by Random American »

3Di wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:09 am
A special thanks to all our heroes of the Italian National Health System (which is free for everyone). 👍
We in America need a health system like that. We are stuck with price gouging big pharma and private insurance.
John connor

Post by John connor »

Random American wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:44 pm
3Di wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:09 am
We in America need a health system like that. We are stuck with price gouging big pharma and private insurance.
And despite that, doctors from all around the world high tail it out of their country to come here to practice. If you're suggesting the single payer idea is better than what we have now, then you're highly mistaken, misinformed or don't possess the political expediency one should have when deciding on what this country should have in terms of a 17.7% part of the GDP for all the freedom loving people. A GDP fact by CMS in 2018.

Interesting to note here. Trump in about a week or even this week is going to announce his plan to reform Obumercare. He already got rid of the individual mandate which was IN FACT a communist-like idea whereby the government taxes YOU for not having health insurance. That doesn't seem very fair and just from the perspective of a free society that the Founding Fathers envisioned. In fact, it goes against their very core beliefs about government by the people and for the people, and if they saw what was going on today they'd probably tell people to revolt. The only reason why it past the muster of what should be a blind and fair Supreme Court was due to idiot Justice Roberts who was in fact appointed by war hawk George W. Bush.

As a quick refresher course, I give you an article about the ACA (Obumercare) architect himself. https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothec ... cf5f087c05

Now could private insurance be changed so that it makes sense for all? Yes. Do pharmaceuticals rip us off and inundate us with BS pill commercials day in and day out? Yes. Are the politicians taking up the egregious nonsense and trying to make the system better for you and I? No. They don't give two fat F's about you and I. So long as they can roll in the bucks through back room deals and a side order of monetary gain from lobbyists where by not only are they are career politicians voted in term after term, they make millions. Just look at Dennis Hastert.

It's not so much the politician's fault as it is the voter who votes in these idiots every election for decades on end. Real change will only happen when Americans stay well informed and get involved in the political process and their government as they should be. Most people don't care. They see this and that and say things like, "how about that, another dirt bag crook" but don't do anything about it and expect real reforms. That only happens when you have a common sense minded populace that votes with their head and not what they hear from what passes over their head through a series of blips and headlines of this and that and at the same time not truly being informed. Though, to an extent that may be changing a bit. If there's any evidence of that happening it's in the state like Minnesota where Trump may in fact win the state this November.

At any rate, and to get back on to the subject of single payer and Euro crap. Single payer may work in countries who's populace may be the same as Texas, but it sure as hell can't work for a country who's population is at least 330 million and growing. As it stands now, Social Security (a government run pile of crap. Just ask your granny.) is insolvent. To add yet another government run program of which there are massive amounts already is just plain illogical based on the principle fact the government couldn't even run their own lemon aid stand without massive taxes, red tape and regulations.

I yield back the balance of my time.

Edit-
Random American wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:44 pm

It's actually called a health care system, but what ever.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

John connor wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:10 pm
I yield back the balance of my time.
You are not speaking under controlled time, you're not a member of any congress either.

Please go ahead. 8-)
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

John connor wrote:
And despite that, doctors from all around the world high tail it out of their country to come here to practice.
Let's say that many still come to your country attracted by the higher income, this happens everywhere.

However, the best minds know when and how to go and where to go to further improve their social position.
We have nothing to learn but to teach, that's why you pay our best minds to leave Italy or any other Country, it's just a market, a trade.

You're deluded in my opinion. :lol:

Our real heroes are those 173 dead doctors who didn't spare their lives to give our nation the best.
Who are teaching the world a few more things that history will later recognize.
Let's talk about the cradle of civilization. Maybe history is unknown to you. :ugeek:

Not to mention the hundreds of underlings like attendants and nurses and caregivers, heroes too.

They didn't hesitate to live away from their families for months to avoid any chance of infection. And many passed away, alone. :|

Not to mention of an entire nation, I repeat all (about 60 million inhabitants) locked in their homes for months, all of them have contributed to slowing down this plague at least in Europe. We are talking today about 150 contagions a day compared to your 65,000, and only now does Donald Drunk realize that the mask is important? It's made your country the object of ridicule to the whole world, you should get over it.

https://www.ansa.it/sito/notizie/mondo/ ... f9a51.html
Trump to the Americans: wear the mask!
The coronavirus pandemic," said the US President, "is likely to get worse before it gets better.

Donald Trump invites Americans to wear the mask when social distancing is not possible. For the president, this is a clear turnaround after fighting for months against the use of the mask. Wearing it "like it or not, it has an impact," Trump says.

The coronavirus pandemic," the US president said, "will probably get worse before it gets better.

Meanwhile, California is over 400,000 cases of coronavirus and is preparing to overtake New York, the epicenter state of the epidemic in the United States, in terms of contagion. To be exact, California has 400,769 cases. New York has 408,000.

While the governor of New York Andrew Cuomo has added ten more states to the list of those that already had 14 days of isolation. Alaska, Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Virginia and Washington were added to the list, bringing the total to 31.

But do me a favor, forget about your useless propaganda. And show some respect.

Fly free with your flight simulator. Stay safe, don't stall. ;)
John connor

Post by John connor »

3Di wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 5:54 am
Not to mention the hundreds of underlings like attendants and nurses and caregivers, heroes too.

They didn't hesitate to live away from their families for months to avoid any chance of infection. And many passed away, alone. :|
Are you implying that this hasn't or is happening in the U.S.? Because I can tell you it has and is. Your country might be way over there, but the common denominator shared among everyone world-wide with this plague are that all countries are doing their part to try and fight it the best way they know how and I'm sure the first responder and medical personal stories are all one in the same no matter what country.

My mom works for a nursing home so I know first hand the nightmare it is and all the stories. Heck, the media was at this nursing home and so was the National Guard.
3Di wrote:
Not to mention of an entire nation, I repeat all (about 60 million inhabitants) locked in their homes for months, all of them have contributed to slowing down this plague at least in Europe. We are talking today about 150 contagions a day compared to your 65,000, and only now does Donald Drunk realize that the mask is important? It's made your country the object of ridicule to the whole world, you should get over it.
I'm not too sure what Trump's position was on wearing a mask. I do know in a recent interview he did he indicated he was upset at Dr. Fauci's initial claim that masks weren't needed. And he's been at odds with Dr. Fauci as of late.

I remember back in February or even back in January the media and the government IQ wonders were all saying on a day by day basis masks were not needed and that a mask won't stop the virus from getting inside you. I kept shaking my head and yelling at the TV as I often as I do when I take objection to utter crap I see or hear about things. So for me at least, way back in January or February I was wearing a mask in the store at the risk of looking like an idiot where no one else was even wearing a mask. My friendly store stocker that I often talk to asked if I was sick or something and I had to explain that due to this virus which at the time I don't think was declared a pandemic by the WHO, that I wasn't taking any chances and so I'm wearing a mask. To this very day I wear my mask. And not just one, but two one over the other. I'd like to get my hands on some N95 masks but that's like trying to find gold in a salt mine. And even if you do come across them say on Amazon, it looks like they only sell to first responders. On eBay it's a greed fest of biblical proportions.

Now I'm quite aware that depending on the mask it won't stop a virus so small you need an electron microscope to see. But I look at it from two points: One, if masks (remember I wear two) can help stop most of it from any nasty infected aerosol I may come into contact with, then I'll take the what little protection it offers versus that of not even wearing a mask and coming into contact with a cloud of nasty aerosol of someone's cough or sneeze in the store. And two, and this is a big one. A mask is going to stop most nasty infected aerosol output from one's breath, cough or sneeze and therein lies the key to help prevent the spread of this highly contagious virus. Now I'm not a doctor or even a Med student, but I knew this from the jump and it was why I kept yelling at the TV and was frustrated at the asinine BS I kept hearing about how you don't need to wear a mask when in fact the government should have been promoting it from day one. And this is just one reason why I think the government can't do a damn thing right to save their sorry ass. And there are so many damn examples of incompetency it's nauseating.

Now the reason why the infected numbers are going up is that in my opinion people have become complacent. Proof of this is when I see people not even wearing a mask even though this town has an ordinance that you MUST wear one in public and the state orders its use as well. These people piss me off with their nonchalant attitude. Then you have people that take it to the absolute extreme where it seems like they let the media climb up inside their rectum. As an example, I see people wearing a mask in their own damn car. This is entirely not needed at all from a simple common sense stand point. As another example, I saw a woman walking her dog in the open, UV saturated, hot air that was the park wearing a mask and medical gloves. Never mind the fact gloves can be an issue for various reasons depending on what you're doing, but wearing gloves just walking a dog?! I guess she felt in her own little warped media controlled mind Captain Trips was going to somehow infect her hands by virtue of the air. Then she exemplified the fact she was low IQ as she was walking the dog because the poor dog wanted to pee and as it stopped she just kept on walking and the poor dog was drug along not even being able to get a small piss break. Now when most people walk a damn dog they know the dog is going to lift its leg here and there, but this woman was just in her own little world and never cared for the needs of the dog she had on a leash. So right there and then between that, the gloves and mask, I knew I was in the midst of a two time Obozo voter. :lol:
Meanwhile, California is over 400,000 cases of coronavirus and is preparing to overtake New York, the epicenter state of the epidemic in the United States, in terms of contagion. To be exact, California has 400,769 cases. New York has 408,000.
Now who's fault is this or can we even lay blame for high density municipalities where the infected are going to be very high? Do we blame the mayor, or the governor? It is their state after all? No? Lay all blame on Trump? Never mind the fact that ass hat in NY put infected people into the vulnerable populations that are nursing homes when he had a massive hospital ship nearby that was barely even used. As a result, the higher cases of those that perished came from NY nursing homes. The man is extremely incompetent and should be booted out of office.

And this sentence doesn't even make any sense.
Meanwhile, California is over 400,000 cases of coronavirus...
It should say, Meanwhile, California has over 400,000 cases... I'm not even an English major, reporter or journalist FFS.
While the governor of New York Andrew Cuomo has added ten more states to the list of those that already had 14 days of isolation. Alaska, Delaware, Indiana, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Nebraska, Virginia and Washington were added to the list, bringing the total to 31.
Now this is complete nonsensical horse crap from a stable called stupidity. North Dakota? NORTH DAKOTA?! Lets pull a quick Google search. Looks like the total cases of COVID-19 in North Dakota is a little north of 5,000. Now I ain't so good with them numbers, but it seems to me a state like North Dakota is small fry crap.

Now according to this, my state of Colorado with over 40,000 of COVID-19 cases isn't even on the mandated 14 day isolation list upon entry to the great liberal state of New York. Yet farmers from North Dakota who only have a little over 5,000 cases are? The hell is that? Did you catch where I said Cuomo needs to be out on his ass and not be a governor? The sheer lack of leadership, common sense and logic is astounding.

And here's another piss poor written sentence.
While the governor of New York Andrew Cuomo has added...
It should say, While the governor of New York, Andrew Cuomo... Notice the freaking comma?

Anyways, I picked apart your news piece and I think you get the idea.

3Di wrote:
But do me a favor, forget about your useless propaganda. And show some respect.
First of all, I only do favors for those that pay me. Second of all, if you want my respect you need to earn it. You already called me out on a number of occasions when I never did such thing. Then you blow hot air my way by saying I'm posting propaganda as if I'm not allowed to voice my opinion and share what I know to be factual. It's only propaganda to you if it doesn't pass your uncalibrated news worthiness test based on what you read or hear.
3Di wrote:
Fly free with your flight simulator. Stay safe, don't stall. ;)
To be blunt. This sentence right here tells me all I need to know about how myopic you truly are and judgmental by not even knowing who's on the other side of your WAN port. Let me explain. Based on some 14 years Sim experience using real-world procedures both in VFR and IFR (mostly IFR) flight, knowing what damn near every single cotton picking knob, lever and switch does and how to operate them based on a checklist, then knowing how to program and use a FMC and to fly with SID and STARs for a 737 NG, and knowing how to read approach plates. I'm willing to bet some serious coin in Vegas on two bets. 1) You have no idea how to even start a 737 NG let along know how to intercept a VOR radial if you even knew how to program that in the FMC. 2) I can more than likely prove to you that I can start, take off, do a circuit and then land a 737 NG in a full fledged simulator offered by a company in Las Vegas to the tune of $1000/hour. If 19 bastard hijackers can fly planes into some building, I'm telling you right now I can fly a 737 NG or a standard issue Cessna 172 based on everything I have learned thus far for some 14 years of Sim flying on an average of one hour per day. I have in fact been around the world at least five times and touched all seven continents. I have also been to damn near ever country up to and including no mans land Mongolia. And as habit, where ever I fly I check it out in Google Street View. Your little smart ass comment means nothing to me. I may sound bold, but I do in fact have an above average understanding of procedures and the avionics in a 737 NG that I used to fly all over hell with. I did it every day so that it would be like riding a bike. It was a personal challenge to me. Even so, there are things I still don't know. Like getting down to the nitty gritty of flight performance based on runway length and whether it's wet or not, etc.

In addition to all that, I use a CAD-like program to upgrade and create airports for the Sim. I must have at least 30 of them floating all over the Internet thus far. I even had a long running project where I built the famed Area-51. I had Janet aircraft fly in and out according to their real-life schedules. I had a Beechcraft 1900C fly in and out of Area-51 and go to Nut Tree, Californiastan. I also had damn near all black project aircraft there as well. Yes, this included the U2, A-12, etc. I had a drone there and a stand issue gray UFO for kicks. ATC there consisted of Kelly Johnson ground and Dreamland tower I think it was. It could have been Dreamland approach. I don't remember. At any rate. Not only did I fly and still do from time to time, but I immersed my self with its code and capabilities even customizing my cockpits with new avionics suites. My favorite gauge was a TAWS (Terrain Alert Warning System) gauge I had installed in my F-22. While not official to the aircraft, it enabled my to fly in zero visibility at high speed between mountains without even crashing. The gauge pulled all of its terrain data right from the Sim.

I yield back the balance of my space time... :ugeek:
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Unfortunately I have to say that the more I read you the more I am convinced that your contact with reality is lost in some dark meander of your virtual existence, sorry if I insist but I have no alternative. To answer by point and by sign to all these ramblings seems excessive to me, I leave it to posterity to judge the reading. Or maybe then I wake up with an uproar and I throw you on the table pieces of pure reality? We'll see. I'm not getting in this wagon right now because I just can't. There's life out here and I'm enjoying it. :)
Random American

Post by Random American »

John connor wrote:
It's actually called a health care system, but what ever.
I'll respond to the rest of your post later, but if you want to be pedantic, you should know that 'whatever' in this context is one word.
John connor

Post by John connor »

3Di wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:04 pm
Unfortunately I have to say that the more I read you the more I am convinced that your contact with reality is lost in some dark meander of your virtual existence, sorry if I insist but I have no alternative. To answer by point and by sign to all these ramblings seems excessive to me, I leave it to posterity to judge the reading. Or maybe then I wake up with an uproar and I throw you on the table pieces of pure reality? We'll see. I'm not getting in this wagon right now because I just can't. There's life out here and I'm enjoying it. :)
Can you post this in English?

Random American wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:08 pm

I'll respond to the rest of your post later...

Please don't otherwise I have to type a book.

And yeah, I just noticed my typo there. I do make an effort to reread what I post, but I sometimes goof.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

John connor wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:37 am
3Di wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:04 pm
Can you post this in English?
Purtroppo devo dire che più ti leggo e più sono convinto che il tuo contatto con la realtà si perde in qualche oscuro meandro della tua esistenza virtuale, scusa se insisto ma non ho alternative. Rispondere per punto e per segno a tutte queste farneticazioni mi sembra eccessivo, lascio ai posteri il compito di giudicare la lettura. O forse poi mi sveglio con un frastuono e ti butto sul tavolo pezzi di pura realtà? Vedremo. In questo momento non salgo su questo carro perché non posso. C'è vita qui fuori e me la sto godendo.

I hope you can read and write in Italian as I do in English and without schools.. :P

You're always slipping and you don't know where to attach yourself, dear conn..r.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Random American wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:08 pm
I'll respond to the rest of your post later...
Please don't. It'd be a disgrace to have to read another compilation of nonsense in response to yours. TIA. :)
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Why Can’t Trump’s America Be Like Italy?

Inside Trump’s Failure: The Rush to Abandon Leadership Role on the Virus

I'm not translating for you this time, so if you find any spelling mistakes, go to the sources and do not blame me. :lol:

Of course you're free to express your opinion, but try to be realistic, please avoid if possible posts like ramblings or rants or whatever it looks like a your own blog post, let's try to be concise and objective within the limits of each one of us. Do a favour to yourself this time, it's free. Besides, who cares about your virtual life resume, have you ever wondered? I'm telling you, nobody. It's what you write that counts and you can't erase it from public records, you can change avatars but it's not that easy to change your life.

And last but not least, once you can speak 7 languages, understand them and write them at least at my level give me a signal.
All by myself, without the help of specific schools. And while I've been raising a family of my own. And... proud of it. ;)

Regards.

Return to “General Discussion”