Firefox starts with empty page since last update

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Firefox starts with empty page since last update

Post by Tastenplayer »

Since the last Firefox update the browser always starts with an empty page instead of the important pages. But it is still configured correctly in the settings. Pretty annoying the whole thing!

Neuer Tab - about:blank
Only when I click on a new tab does the page with the important pages appear, which should be displayed when opening Firefox.
De - 75.0 64-Bit)
firefox 75.jpg
firefox 75.jpg (3.89 KiB) Viewed 1902 times

AbaddonOrmuz
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Alfredo Ramos

Re: Firefox starts with empty page since last update

Post by AbaddonOrmuz »

It's working fine for me.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

I bet you don't have the DE version.
But maybe I really should do a reinstall again. Also annoying! (Win10 pro)

Also with Gimp the update did not work as it should. I suddenly had two versions. Had to reinstall this morning too. Very strange.

Edit:
But yes, also in Chrome the same problem. But it can only happen with the Firefox or Gimp update. Somebody must have sent me something. Pretty strange, because direct updates , not sent by any third party.
Gonna take some time to clean up this mess.

In Firefox it was quickly fixed. Everything seems to be back to normal except for some lost extensions. Let's see if the Chrome can be repaired as easily and quickly :) .
This cannot be eliminated in Google Chrome. Despite deleted User Data folder - cleaned up reg and restarting the notebook. Probably only a new installation helps, hoping that it is gone then. Not that I still have to reset the device a few days.
Only the Edge has been spared, although it is not so loved. I did not install the Opera on the notebook.
Unfortunately I need the Chrome to work, because they optimized the software for this browser. For whatever reason.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

There are 64bits versions and 32bit ones.

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Version 80.0.3987.163 (de) (64-Bit)
Chrome is also freed. Hopefully this pishing tool is now removed from the whole device. Malware should no longer be present on my notebook. I hope that's true! (Because I didn't work for so long because of corona infection the chrome was out of date.) Today wasn't my day anyway. No wonder I had such problems with the updates. I had already packed my hospital-bag.

3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

If you suddenly got 2 versions it could be you have 2 installation (32 and 64).

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Yes but with an automatic update, where you only have to click Yes or No, you should think that the correct version will be delivered. :lol:
Everything finally seems to be okay now. But this morning all internet link icons were white. I had to paste them all new(not only on the desktop but also in the tile menu). All other attempts at correction were not successful. The Github icon is no longer displayed, all github pages remains with a white file icon.

However, some apps spin from time to time and the memory is too full. I'm slowly typing on the 1 day earlier received Windows update, as the cause of the various problems. The Top Process Monitor from time to time no longer finds running processes (title: Something wrong) :) . The main thing is that everything important works as it should. Until I can finally bring the desktop computer into the warranty (next Tuesday is only open again).

Tastenplayer

Post by Tastenplayer »

Since another Windows Update has arrived today, it could be that the most of these problems were caused by the last update. It's not normal to get a cumulative update so quickly again.

AbaddonOrmuz
Recognised Extension Developer
Name: Alfredo Ramos

Post by AbaddonOrmuz »

Tastenplayer wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:30 pm
I bet you don't have the DE version.
I did (77.a01), I've been in the nightly channel for a long time.

Return to “General Discussion”