Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 15704
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by 3Di »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:33 pm
I have not researched it myself.
So do it before you comment.
Random American
Registered User
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 am
Location: USA

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by Random American »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:52 pm
I notice that no one has mentioned the official reason for removing the protestors was because some of the "peaceful" protestors were attacking the police.


robert
Probably because the "official reason" is most likely a lie.
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 67926
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

there's that TDS again.
there is just a much of a chance that the story as reported is a lie.

robert
Random American
Registered User
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 am
Location: USA

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by Random American »

Trump Derangement Syndrome was once used to describe stupid criticisms of Trump; now it seems to be a catch all accusation to defend this moron from any and all criticism. I guess Trump is right that he could shoot someone in the middle of 5th avenue and not lose his diehard base.

Questioning the president's use of force and constitutional understanding is being a reasonable citizen.
User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 15704
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by 3Di »

Just watch the latest video of him and his wife, who, disgusted, seems to be condescending, but not exactly.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4821
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by warmweer »

3Di wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:40 pm
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:33 pm
I have not researched it myself.
So do it before you comment.
I don't have a problem with Lumpy's post. He states that an official statement regarding the reason was given. I haven't checked that myself but that's perfectly in line with expectations (independent of whether there were incidents or not).
I wouldn't be surprised me anyway if there had been preliminary incidents. I have seen videos of the protesters running away and there seems to be some unnecessary violence by the police/troops, particularly one case of a trooper giving a low blow with his shield to someone just taking a picture.

Before this, Lumpy has asked (in the coronavirus topic) for some referencing/links regarding statements made and I commented on that, agreeing with the principle as these kind of topics can become heated and it's just too easy to blow up singular events.
Concerning this case: perhaps the president has the right/authority to have his path to the church cleared (after all, he quite unpopular in certain circles (to put it mildly) and I can understand that there may be some safety concerns.
Whether it's violation of the 1st Amendment isn't something I have an opinion about: I'll leave that to the qualified few. But I do have the impression that this was just another performance for the media and apparently the Episcopal bishop of Washington DC isn't very ecstatic about his "visit".

Just taking a break now and taking the opportunity to catch up on some news reading to find out that DT went on another Twitter spree (no, I'm not going so far as to read them, the headlines say enough); that apparently there's a difference in opinion between DT and the Secretary of Defense concerning the use of troops (something I will look up later this evening), and (this one is hilarious) that DT was not moved to the Bunker by his Special Service for security reasons. No, no, it was for inspection of said bunker (I have to admit, he was tweeting during that hour so he's now probably also the greatest multitasker ever ;) ).
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2539
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by John connor »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:52 pm
I notice that no one has mentioned the official reason for removing the protestors was because some of the "peaceful" protestors were attacking the police.


robert
Thank you. Finally some reason and common sense added to the topic. This was my same thoughts.


Someone threw a bottle at Barr when he was there, the official said. He gave the order to move people out before the president arrived. Shortly after, police mounted on horses used smoke to move protesters demonstrating against police brutality.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-l ... st-remarks

It's one thing to protest peacefully which they SHOULD do! But it's quite another to burn shit down, attack and kill people. There are police officers that were shot and a protester that was killed by gun fire.

<removed>

God forbid we control a mob of violence in this age of Trump, eh?

Ad the title to this topic is misleading. Who violated the first amendment first? Trump or the assholes who burnt down a church violating freedom of religion?

I'd say a hell of a lot more that's wrong with this propaganda piece, but I yield back the balance of my time <removed>


warmweer wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:30 pm
that apparently there's a difference in opinion between DT and the Secretary of Defense concerning the use of troops...
I just have to quote this and say the U.S. has gone insane with partisan shit bagery that seems to supersede common sense. Not even the damn mayors and governors are calling for the national guard yet their cities are burning. If it's true about the secretary of defense, then I question his capability to lead, and thus I would probably fire him and find someone who is.
Last edited by thecoalman on Thu Jun 04, 2020 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal comments.
Random American
Registered User
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 am
Location: USA

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by Random American »

There were previous violent protests in the area earlier, but what I can gather, the current batch were peaceful. To be honest, I don't trust Fox News.

The title is justified. Some upstarts existing does not give Trump free reign to do whatever he wants for a photo Op.

It's funny you complain about partisanship when you yourself are very partisan.

Also, No one here is advocating actual rioting. Don't strawman.
User avatar
Toxyy
Registered User
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:22 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by Toxyy »

Random American wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 pm
It's funny you complain about partisanship when you yourself are very partisan.
I didn't detect anything partisan in his message, just seemingly not agreeing with you fully on a couple points. That doesn't make him so.
Random American
Registered User
Posts: 57
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 am
Location: USA

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by Random American »

Toxyy wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 12:03 am
Random American wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 pm
It's funny you complain about partisanship when you yourself are very partisan.
I didn't detect anything partisan in his message, just seemingly not agreeing with you fully on a couple points. That doesn't make him so.
He doesn't have to agree with me, and my judgement was not based merely on that post. I'm basing that on other posts on this forum and other boards. He is a very partisan Republican.


This ain't me being a Democrat. I'm an Independent.
User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 15704
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by 3Di »

History teaches us, however, that it is not possible to protest peacefully against the tyrants because it would be a counter-argument, since they are terrorists as a de facto basis. But what do we want to talk about now?
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2539
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by John connor »

Random American wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 pm
There were previous violent protests in the area earlier, but what I can gather, the current batch were peaceful. To be honest, I don't trust Fox News.
Don't be so partisan...
Random American wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 pm
The title is justified. Some upstarts existing does not give Trump free reign to do whatever he wants for a photo Op.
While you may be entitled to your opinion, you're not entitled to your facts. The fact is as soon as that church was burned down that violated people's first amendment right to religion from begin with and that's what enticed the president to go there. You call this a photo Op, but truth is Trump won largely due to the Christian vote. He may not be the most "Christian", who the hell is? But to say you're holier than thou and persecute a president that shares solidarity with a church that was torched right in front of his current residence the White House speaks volumes of partisan, stir the pot, lets gang up on Trump bull shit. The media is good at this that's why Trump has been saying fake news for so long and with well founded merit. I see it, he sees it. It doesn't matter if it's CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, NPR, PBS, up to and including bull crap ESPN. They are ALL left of center and that's the fact, not my opinion. While FoxNews may appeal to the right of center populace, at least they tell the story that the other major news networks won't because the editorial head is an actual left-wing dip shit.
Random American wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 pm
It's funny you complain about partisanship when you yourself are very partisan.
I'm partisan in the sense of right and wrong. Common sense over mainstream nonsense. A champion of trickle down and not INSANE trickle up. I stick to my guns and am VERY vocal about what is right and wrong whether one thinks it's partisan or not. We live in a polarized universe. Whether it's the god given truth of Newtonian physics, astrophysics, chemistry, thermal dynamics, mass to energy equivalence, light and dark, left or right, good or bad. But if you use your partisanship and say you don't want to deploy the national guard all because Trump just happens to be president for the next four years and you are allowing your own city to burn down, then that is in fact a dereliction of duty and that asinine politician needs to be removed from office and just let the president take care of the kids on the playground since these idiot politicians are inept.
Random American wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:49 pm
Also, No one here is advocating actual rioting. Don't strawman.
But you are by the way you have framed the topic at hand in the OP and its title. The fact is they burned down a church, and you are claiming the president is violating their 1st amendment right to these people who are violent and threw a bottle at the attorney general. Further, it was AG Barr to call on pushing the "protesters, rioters" away from the White House, not the president. Did you even bother to use your two eyes and read the article or am I wasting my time?


3Di wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 2:02 am
History teaches us, however, that it is not possible to protest peacefully against the tyrants because it would be a counter-argument, since they are terrorists as a de facto basis. But what do we want to talk about now?
It's one thing to peacefully protest for a man who was killed in a very heinous way. But it's quite another to say we need to burn one's job down so that they can't put a god damn piece of food in their mouth because now they have no job to go to and earn a living. This is largely due to ANTIFIA who are terrorists and should be charged as such. The head control mechanism needs to be cut off and stuck in formaldehyde and displayed in the Smithsonian. They are even attacking symbols of liberty and freedom in DC and at least 50 federal park rangers have been injured.

Just look at what "terrible, evil empire, hateful, disgusting" FoxNews is saying when the others won't. https://youtu.be/FI_F-8lfuik Peaceful my ass.


The Secretary of defense that has a beef with Trump is not the current Secretary of defense but former "Mad dog" Manttis who has been a very big disappointment. Trump pulled troops out of that blood and treasure blackhole called Syria and Manttis took issue. So he resigned. Mindsets like these don't deserve to be in charge of soldiers who lay their life down. Me and millions of other Americans are fed up with tireless, non stop wars.

I yield back the balance of my time and leave with a post I made on my board as it relates to this topic. https://cyberpcforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=3052#p3052
User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 15704
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by 3Di »

Whatever is said in favour of DT or not, I want to underline a very important fact, when we talk about America we all remember what it has done in the past for the good of the whole globe and what it is currently trying to be about, that's not how it works. John Wayne or Captain America are just dreams for idiots, here the health of the whole globe is in the hands of an exasperated to say the least, a psycho I would say instead. Still, isn't that the way it works, why no one has noticed yet (apart from a few billion people who are not part of the institutional lodges) that IT's dangerous?
User avatar
Toxyy
Registered User
Posts: 760
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:22 pm
Location: Namek
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by Toxyy »

3Di wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 am
the health of the whole globe is in the hands of an exasperated to say the least, a psycho I would say instead. Still, isn't that the way it works,
Luckily he can only do so much from his position in the executive branch in 4-8 years time, and even then someone does come after.
3Di wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:49 am
why no one has noticed yet (apart from a few billion people who are not part of the institutional lodges) that IT's dangerous?
What is IT in this context?
User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 15704
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: Trump violates 1st Amendment for Photo Op.

Post by 3Di »

Toxyy wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:01 am
What is IT in this context?
Pronoun
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”