The Donald Trump Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

Not coronavirus related but unfortunately (or fortunately) there's no specific topic devoted to DT

Following the Supreme Court's decisions on his financial records, including one that said that the President is not immune to a New York prosecutor's subpoena, Trump said the court gave him a "delayed ruling" that they "never would have given" to another president.

The President also tweeted that the Supreme Court's decision to send the case back to lower courts for further review was "not fair to this Presidency or Administration!"

Read the President's tweets:
The Supreme Court sends case back to Lower Court, arguments to continue. This is all a political prosecution. I won the Mueller Witch Hunt, and others, and now I have to keep fighting in a politically corrupt New York. Not fair to this Presidency or Administration!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) July 9, 2020

....No Republican Senate Judiciary response, NO “JUSTICE”, NO FBI, NO NOTHING. Major horror show REPORTS on Comey & McCabe, guilty as hell, nothing happens. Catch Obama & Biden cold, nothing. A 3 year, $45,000,000 Mueller HOAX, failed - investigated everything....

....Won all against the Federal Government and the Democrats send everything to politically corrupt New York, which is falling apart with everyone leaving, to give it a second, third and fourth try. Now the Supreme Court gives a delay ruling that they would never have given...

....for another President. This is about PROSECUTORIAL MISCONDUCT. We catch the other side SPYING on my campaign, the biggest political crime and scandal in U.S. history, and NOTHING HAPPENS. But despite this, I have done more than any President in history in first 3 1/2 years!

Frankly I don't know what he's complaining about: Nobody's disputing that he's done more than any other President ... in fact they probably all agree he's done a lot more, unfortunately however, very few things positive.

Seriously, he's probably lucky his financial records can't be called and scrutinised before the election, giving him more time to clean the closet.
kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: Kailey Truscott

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by kinerity »

Split this off from the coronavirus topic.

While we don't mind political discussions, let's keep it civil. All site rules still apply. Enjoy discussing! :)
Kailey Truscott - Community Team
GitHub repositories (including un-released extensions)
John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor »

I saw this headline this morning. Frankly, I feel that if a president's private financial business is to be scrutinized and made light to the public, then that too should happen to all members of Congress. Lets see Nancy Pelosi's financial business or other members of Congress that have some how become millionaires.

So yeah, fare is fare. If we want to try and tarnish a president from head to toe ever since election, then lets make it a fare tarnishing game. Love to see Joe Biden's financial business with China, etc...

At any rate, from day one when this president took the helm, he's had to deal with a multitude of partisan political piranhas and a Joseph Goebbels-like press. In case no one knows who Joseph Goebbels is, he was Hitler's propaganda minister.

Long ago it was said that the truth shall set you free. And in this present time the truth is hard to come by past the rose colored lens' of the media machine. But in this present day, the president did voice a comment that I'll always remember: "truth is a force in nature." That should be on his headstone given what he has gone though with his presidency thus far. His presidential library is going to be very interesting.

PS. No mention of grabbing Vice President Mike Pence's financial business? Just Trumps? Trump really must be a major thorn in the ass of the left, I tell you. :lol:
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

just to combat some of the TDS that seems to run rampant around here, take a peek:
https://frankreport.com/2020/04/18/one- ... d-j-trump/
https://www.scribd.com/embeds/441370872 ... tions=true

there will be some duplicates of course.

remember, all of this was done in spite of the House and nancy pelosi, in spite of liberal federal judges that blocked or tried
to block just about anything Trump tried to do. in spite of the crazy impeachment fiasco etc. etc.

robert
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

warmweer wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:35 pm
Seriously, he's probably lucky his financial records can't be called and scrutinised before the election, giving him more time to clean the closet.
Trump's taxes have been audited numerous times before he was President and once elected there is mandatory audit for both he and Pence each year.

I don't disagree with the SCOTUS ruling but I have very big concerns about the motivation of the prosecutor.

As for Congress seeking them they should be denied, "because we want to see them" is not justification. They only want them so they can cherry pick information to be used as political weapon from hundreds if not thousands of pages of documents prepared by $1000 an hour tax lawyers/accountants that have difficulty understanding them.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
John connor

Post by John connor »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:31 pm
just to combat some of the TDS that seems to run rampant around here, take a peek:
https://frankreport.com/2020/04/18/one- ... d-j-trump/
https://www.scribd.com/embeds/441370872 ... tions=true

there will be some duplicates of course.

remember, all of this was done in spite of the House and nancy pelosi, in spite of liberal federal judges that blocked or tried
to block just about anything Trump tried to do. in spite of the crazy impeachment fiasco etc. etc.

robert
You do know that this was all Obama's doing, right?. :lol:

There are many politicians right now that do not deserve to be a policy maker and representative of the American people. The hell of it is, is that people take their one and only God given, fought and bleed for vote and elect one nonsensical clown after another and the people continue to vote these nonsensical clowns into office term after term, after term, ad nauseam. Isn't any wonder why Congress has the lowest poll numbers compared to the president? There really needs to be a Constitutional convention on creating an amendment for term limits of both the Judaical and Legislative branches. I wrote about my idea here. :lol:

Trump signed a law ending the gag orders on pharmacists that prevented them from sharing money-saving information.
Boy, isn't that something? I truly feel that the pharmaceuticals are a giant racket. And what realy pisses me off is the very annoying, in your face constant pill commercials that seemed to have started sometime in circa '95. "Take this pill for this, take this pill for that. Don't take this pill if you're allergic to this pill. Side effects may include, diarrhea, gonorrhea, HIV, spontaneous orgasm, with the most common side effect the overwhelming desire to sniff your carpet and crack addiction." Then about a year latter you see some asinine money hungry greedy little law firm place an Ad on TV. "Did you take this pill and now have a foot growing from your head? Then call our law offices of Peevish & Puke at 555-we-screw-you and we'll get you the money you deserve." What a f@#$# racket!!! I have read they don't allow pill commercials in Europe. Not sure if true. Can our Euro friends confirm?

"The world is a vampire..." ♫♪♫♪
John connor

Post by John connor »

Speaking of TV Ads... I watch late night TV consisting of South Park on Comedy Central and Cartoon Network's [adult swim] playing such adult-orientated cartoons like American Dad, Family Guy or Rick and Morty. Since this is at night, on Comedy Central in particular they run commercials for website/phone sex crap with so-called 18 year olds. The music in this one commercial sounds like it came from the background music of the X-Files showcasing an 18 or slightly older blonde in lingerie speaking in a hard to hear "sexy voice" saying that I should call this number or visit this site. This is yet again a huge racket because chances are you won't be talking to some nice looking 18 year old blonde and it will cost you a Benjamin for five minutes. :lol: Every time this commercial comes on I just shake my head and laugh and say, "no, I'm not calling that number, but if you're willing to come over maybe we can work something out. :lol: :lol: :D

To join this together with the pharmaceutical crap, I really have to wonder what industry makes more money? The sex industry, the pharmaceutical industry or the litigation industry? Yes, in my opinion litigation these days is a freaking industry and to top it off folks like Nancy Grace et al capitalize on it all.

PS. Who's more crocked? The politician, the lawyer or the banker? I've dealt with all three in life thus far and it's hard to decide, let me tell you.

Speaking of Trump, this flag hangs from my very garage. And as an added bonus I have no less than two cameras watch the front of the house and the owner is prepared for the idiot to try and tear it down. St. Michael would weep at the justice I'd deliver, lets put it that way.

:lol:
6158Z+or42L._AC_SY355_.jpg
Last edited by John connor on Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:31 pm
Quite a few of those were started up before Trump's presidency, and seriously: the use of the word "Amazing" ?
Of course there are achievements, but that list is seriously one-sided: and as to nature conservation measures? the cutback on National Parks funding immediately comes to mind.

BTW TDS has different meanings, depending on which "side" one in on.

As to financial records, e.g. tax returns: there is a reason why this is expected, and BTW DT himself said he was going to present them voluntarily (during his campaign).

As to other high ranking officials: yeah the same rules should apply.

@J.C. Don't you get tired of blaming everything on Obama?
Lumpy Burgertushie

don't you get tired of blaming everything on trump and claiming that he lies ever so much where there is really no proof of that at all.?

robert
John connor

Post by John connor »

warmweer wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:09 am
@J.C. Don't you get tired of blaming everything on Obama?
I don't blame Obama on anything, I blame his political ideals on EVERYTHING! :lol: The most corrupt, filthy, scumbag administration I have ever seen in my life thus far. And my parents tell me one term Carter was bad. This guy takes the cake and the freaking balloons!

The tarmac meting, the billions given to a state sponsor of terrorism under the radar of our finance laws with this state sponsor of terrorism known as Iran, the spying on a political campaign known as TRUMP©. The freaking list goes on and on. But I'll give credit where credit is due. The first being the order to kill the Mogadishu pirates that captured captain Philips and the slaying of the United States' most wanted man, Osama. Apart from that, a POS misery index of unemployment, stagnation and political bull crap, etc for 8 LONG years. The people had enough and Trump won in a landslide. One of the best damn election nights I have ever seen in my life. "Oh, but no! The popular vote, the popular vote!" Change your dipper and know why Madison made it the way it is ya morons.

Here's just a prelude to what's to come in a few 115 days, 21 hours. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT0Rjc6 ... =emb_title
John connor

Post by John connor »

Fri Jul 10, 2020 7:12 am
don't you get tired of blaming everything on trump and claiming that he lies ever so much where there is really no proof of that at all.?

robert
"Proof? We don't need no stinking proof."

Hell of it is, many of his now detractors loved to go to his parties and crap. Once Trump ran for president as an R, all bets were off. This is the illogical, low IQ mindset of the left. They will in fact eat their own if necessary. I've seen it time and time again.

From a time in America where Trump was known as the "BIG NY REAL ESTATE TYCOON" and when Christopher Reeve walked. It seems like only yesterday. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaIZvCDWAcQ

Now to think in present day they replayed the movie Home Alone 2 where the main character, Kevin is lost in NY and sees Trump, yet today they cut that scene out of the movie. Un-freaking-partisan-shit baggery-real!
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Surely there is a reason DT is the laughing (and crying) stock to the rest of the world (barring a few exceptions).
Anyway, I'm not going to repeat how many times he lied about presenting his tax returns, nor about his character in general. Examples enough on the net. Neither am I going to comment again on the way he tackled the corona crisis up to now or how he just tries to take credit for everything positive and blames predecessors and anyone who disagrees with him for all the rest.
It's all been said before.
Under his "leadership" the US is losing (or has lost) the respect and credit it had gained under previous presidents, Republican and Democrat. All presidents had weaknesses, except DT of course.
Lumpy Burgertushie

all of those things that you say bad about trump are things that you have read in the main stream media.
as we all know, since before trump elected the media was lying all the time. mainly covering for obama and hillary etc.

most all of the accusations that you see in the media about trump lying etc. have been fact checked and found to be nonsense.
as far as being laughed at around the world, that is simply not true . sure there will be some reporting that but once again, it is just the ones that read the media lies. you know, the ones like you with TDS ( not sure what you think that
stands for but for most of the world is stands for Trump Drerangement Syndrome. people that believe all the lies they
hear and see in the media).

having said all that, Warmeer, you are proof that someone can be completely wrong about something but still be
a good person at heart and really know what he is talking about on some things ( like phpbb ). I have a lot of respect for
your knowledge level that I have seen here , just not when you start talking about Trump.

luck,
robert
John connor

Post by John connor »

warmweer wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:22 pm
Under his "leadership" the US is losing (or has lost) the respect and credit it had gained under previous presidents, Republican and Democrat. All presidents had weaknesses, except DT of course.
*Citation needed.

On the world-wide stage he may be disliked because other countries are finding out they can't rip us off anymore, etc. Such is the case with NATO funding.

On the U.S. stage it's a split by and large. Though, he has a lot, and I mean a lot of enthusiasm with his base and it shows with the thousands that attend his rallies versus that of the contender.

Now as to previous presidents. I'm old enough to remember the bitterness and scorn on the Internet about George W Bush. And back then I was arguing with the morons as well.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 pm
all of those things that you say bad about trump are things that you have read in the main stream media.
as we all know, since before trump elected the media was lying all the time. mainly covering for obama and hillary etc.
most all of the accusations that you see in the media about trump lying etc. have been fact checked and found to be nonsense.
First of all: yes, just as every one else, I read the "mainstream" media, BUT, time permitting, I read international media (many) and (with a purpose) media with different political views.
As to the "lies" being nonsense - surely not all the fact checking sites can have it wrong?
as far as being laughed at around the world, that is simply not true . sure there will be some reporting that but once again, it is just the ones that read the media lies.
Broaden your reading sources: specifically look outside of the US, as those in the US are polarised (not that there is anything wrong with that as long as it doesn't have a profound negative impact on objectivity).
having said all that, Warmeer, you are proof that someone can be completely wrong about something but still be a good person at heart and really know what he is talking about on some things ( like phpbb ). I have a lot of respect for your knowledge level that I have seen here , just not when you start talking about Trump.
First of all, I appreciate you writing that because I shows that you also realise that it's not because people have differences in opinion about certain things, it necessarily blocks normal interaction (and cooperation) in other matters. (but I do think you overestimate my knowledge of phpBB - some of that knowledge comes with searching when I need it).

Return to “General Discussion”