The Donald Trump Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 6:32 am
warmweer wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:22 pm
Under his "leadership" the US is losing (or has lost) the respect and credit it had gained under previous presidents, Republican and Democrat. All presidents had weaknesses, except DT of course.
*Citation needed.
Sorry: but I could just as well demand verifiable *Citation as to the contrary: I haven't found any (but to be honest I didn't waste much time in searching).

Read the international press: Canadian, Australian, UK, European (yes I'm making a distinction now between UK and European and (IMPORTANT) read the various political sides: you'll find a lot of unanimity in that respect.
As to the corona crisis: his contradicting the recommendations of his own health institute, can hardly be considered an intellgent move.
And talking about intelligent: what wonderful news he had to bring yesterday: how his results of the cognitive test were so amazing: Front page news.
That must surely make the corona crisis a lot more bearable for the US.
User avatar
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Posts: 7790
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:54 am
Location: The Netherlands
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by JimA »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 pm
all of those things that you say bad about trump are things that you have read in the main stream media.
as we all know, since before trump elected the media was lying all the time. mainly covering for obama and hillary etc.
I don't mean this in a personal way, but I have always found this to be an incredibly weak argument and I don't know how so many people actually fall for it. Isn't it obvious that when you have something to hide, and so many media outlets are reporting it, your last possible way out is to scream that everybody is a lier and "mainstream media" have just got it in for you?

That's not an argument based in fact, that's just spreading FUD. The weird thing here is that all renowned news organisations are now suddenly all combined into the term "mainstream media" and quickly dismissed, but some guy saying something on Facebook or a few obscure blogs are suddenly presently as clear evidence. My university backgrounds screams "check your sources" in this department.
Image Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2555
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by John connor »

JimA wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:05 am
Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:31 pm
all of those things that you say bad about trump are things that you have read in the main stream media.
as we all know, since before trump elected the media was lying all the time. mainly covering for obama and hillary etc.
I don't mean this in a personal way, but I have always found this to be an incredibly weak argument and I don't know how so many people actually fall for it. Isn't it obvious that when you have something to hide, and so many media outlets are reporting it, your last possible way out is to scream that everybody is a lier and "mainstream media" have just got it in for you?

That's not an argument based in fact, that's just spreading FUD. The weird thing here is that all renowned news organisations are now suddenly all combined into the term "mainstream media" and quickly dismissed, but some guy saying something on Facebook or a few obscure blogs are suddenly presently as clear evidence. My university backgrounds screams "check your sources" in this department.


You do know that by in large the media is in fact left of center and on a day by day basis don't even attempt to hide it. This is fact. It doesn't matter if it's NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN, NPR, TIME Magizine, NYTimes, Washington Post up to and including freaking ESPN or ComcastNBCUniversl, they all, ALL lean left of center. I know this to be fact from media pundits that worked for these media organizations and talked about how the editor wanted YOU to write the story in this or that way and if you didn't toe the partly line your job was gone. And I can see the bias withen a few seconds of turning the channel for God sakes. For example, Trump is at a 4th of July celebration at Mt. Rushmore talking about Americana, etc. I turn to CNN or MSNBC to see what they have on and it's nothing but BS crap on how the land Mt. Rushmore sits on belongs to native Americans and other utter stupid crap. Never mind the fact Obama was at Mt. Rushmore during his presidency and the media never EVER batted an eye. Is it any wonder why Trump feels like he gets a raw deal? If the media was really fair his poll numbers would be at least 15 points higher I'm sure.


The media that represents the other side of the political spectrum is not so plentiful. It's pretty much one dominated HUGE megaphone cable news channel called FoxNews, some websites, a few AM radio stations and some podcasts, that's it. By and large, damn near every newspaper outlet in America endorsed Hilary for president in 2016. What does that tell you? To top it off, they (the left-wing shill media) all thought with absolute confidence and massive impetus Hilary would win the presidency. They were all lighting the candles, getting the fireworks ready and preparing to toast champagne. I did post a video on that. I said it was a prelude to what was to come here in November.

My "university background" says read the book A Slobbering Love affair. https://www.amazon.com/Slobbering-Love- ... 1596980907

I leave you with this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no9fpKVXxCc

PS. Gone are the days of the JFK Democrat and Walter Cronkite, who was a Dem, but was an honest, common sense Dem. Times are much, much more different where Dem politicians sanction the destruction of status and put their constituency in danger withen asinine political ideals and caving in to the tyrant mob by diminishing law enforcement. It's tantamount to terminating the executive branch.

I yield back the balance of my time.
User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 15860
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by 3Di »

And all we needed was John cornor's blog made public on this site. :lol: :roll:

Donald Duck, Donald Drunk and the seven dwarves, but please.
User avatar
RMcGirr83
Recognised Extension Developer
Posts: 21292
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:33 pm
Location: Your display
Name: Rich McGirr

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by RMcGirr83 »

TDS to me means "Total Dissolved Solids" but I own a pool so may be a bit biased. :)
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

DT, in all his wisdom, could be right about something though. One day it's going to be away, and if not, we 'll have to learn to live with it.

TDS, as we use it referring to his entourage, is code for (* the surname of the current president, * an anatomic organ that has, among others (especially in humans), a recreational function, and * (shamelessly copied from a dictionary) the action of pulling in liquid or air through your mouth without using your teeth, or to move the tongue and muscles of the mouth around something inside your mouth, often in order to dissolve it.
User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 15860
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by 3Di »

The chronic donald drunk without drinking is the virus and the election will be his vaccine.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

Having dinner ATM and catching up on the news.

Again, I'm not so sure Fox is doing Trump a favour in reporting his activities

[BEGIN COPY of Link]
Trump defends trips to golf courses, says it's his 'exercise' and he plays 'very fast'
Saturday’s trip was Trump’s 275th visit to a golf club as president


By Andrew O'Reilly | Fox News <--- please notice I haven't linked to the mainstream left of center media crap

President Trump on Sunday defended his golf outings in a tweet – saying he plays "VERY fast" and it’s his "exercise."

Trump argued that “many in business and politics that work out endlessly” and said “nobody complains.”

"I know many in business and politics that work out endlessly, in some cases to a point of exhaustion," Trump tweeted. "It is their number one passion in life, but nobody complains."

He added: "My ‘exercise’ is playing, almost never during the week, a quick round of golf. Obama played more and much longer...."

The president's tweet comes after he visited his Trump National Golf Club in Northern Virginia on Saturday for a round. The president's golf outing came after he canceled a campaign rally in New Hampshire, citing storms expected in the area from Tropical Storm Fay.

Saturday's trip was Trump's 275th visit to a golf club as president, and the 273rd time he traveled as president to one of the golf clubs his family's company owns.

During his 2016 presidential campaign, then-candidate Trump attacked President Barack Obama for reports of the latter's visits to the links – saying "Because I'm going to be working for you, I'm not going to have time to go play golf."

Obama – who played a total of 333 rounds of golf during his eight years in office – had visited a golf course 98 times through the same time in his presidency as Trump. By late May, CBS reported that Trump had spent all or part of 248 days at a golf course while president.
[/END COPY]

I think we have a clear winner. ;)
User avatar
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 3910
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:52 am
Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by thecoalman »

JimA wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:05 am
and so many media outlets are reporting it,
The fact is the media treated Obama with kid gloves and it's exact opposite with Trump. Granted Trump makes himself an easy target. It's not just Trump though, Pew is widely respected organization here in the US, if anything their bias is left. They did a study on the Obama/McCain election and found that about 70% of the coverage for Obama was positive, it was exact opposite for McCain.

The media doesn't have to lie to be bias, in fact they rarely do. It's what they are choosing to report and how they a reporting those stories that is the issue. Journalist need to check their opinions at the door and as time goes by they are doing that less and less.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

thecoalman wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:13 am
The fact is the media treated Obama with kid gloves and it's exact opposite with Trump.
That's true but it is understandable (not saying that is is justified), Obama being the first black president and the whole world watching (because of the racial issue).
thecoalman wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:13 am
Granted Trump makes himself an easy target.
That's an understatement. (and now I'm curious about the effect of the White House's current "attack" on Fauci).
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2555
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by John connor »

warmweer wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 am
Obama being the first black president and the whole world watching (because of the racial issue).
What "racial issue?" :roll:

Maybe you should follow Candace Owens on Twitter...


3Di wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:56 pm
And all we needed was John cornor's blog made public on this site. :lol: :roll:

Donald Duck, Donald Drunk and the seven dwarves, but please.
I've made longer posts than that on other forums. But way to Hitler and suggest I can't respond or make a post.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:46 pm
What "racial issue?" :roll:
Don't be an *sshole.
You know very well how the race issue was played.
And credit to McCain, a very decent person who AFAIK never took that road.
User avatar
kinerity
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 2767
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:00 am
Location: sudo rm -rf /
Name: Kailey Truscott
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by kinerity »

Just a friendly reminder that while we don't mind discussion of differing opinions, please keep replies in this topic respectful. ;)
Kailey Truscott - Community Team
GitHub repositories (including un-released extensions)
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

kinerity wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:47 pm
Just a friendly reminder that while we don't mind discussion of differing opinions, please keep replies in this topic respectful. ;)
I offer my sincere apologies to a certain population group (which doesn't know better) for the unwarranted comparison to J.C.
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2555
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by John connor »

warmweer wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:24 pm
Don't be an *sshole.
Oh, whoa, way to pull out a gun in a knife fight. Had the moderator not stepped in I would have pulled out a Minute Man missile the verbal likes of which you would not believe.

It's clear you buy into the whole "the U.S. is racist" crap when nothing could be further from the truth. And unless you live here and know what's going on from a societal/psychological/media perspective outside of your media osmosis, you have no idea what's going on at all. Is there racism in America? Sure there is. Is today's society anything like the 50s or 60s? Hell no!

If you want to apologize, then take a lesson from this video. :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgwnTVz0zLo
Locked

Return to “General Discussion”