The Donald Trump Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by 3Di »

Let's all apologize to the cornor, fair enough. :lol:

Edit: typo
Last edited by 3Di on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
John connor
Name: Aaron

Post by John connor »

Who's "conner?"
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Typo, above post amended.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:56 am
Oh, whoa, way to pull out a gun in a knife fight. Had the moderator not stepped in I would have pulled out a Minute Man missile the verbal likes of which you would not believe.
Thank God, we were spared that.
John connor wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 9:56 am
It's clear you buy into the whole "the U.S. is racist" crap when nothing could be further from the truth. And unless you live here and know what's going on from a societal/psychological/media perspective outside of your media osmosis, you have no idea what's going on at all. Is there racism in America? Sure there is. Is today's society anything like the 50s or 60s? Hell no!
Don't put words into my mouth.
I did not say the US is racist. I said the race card was used (by some) and if you never noticed that, it says a lot about your level of attention and understanding of communication.

and BTW: Black lives Matter (and the inevitable White lives Matter) are (to me) insulting slogans.
Lives matter: full stop.

Added:
3Di wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:15 am
Typo, above post amended.
hmm... I would have sworn it wasn't a typo (I've thought of using it before since it fits quite a few post made by JC >>> to con = to make someone believe something false)
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

I am a gentleman, sometimes. :P ;)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

3Di wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:28 am
Nice, finallly found a fitting nickname for you: il gentiluomo :D
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

warmweer wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:32 am
3Di wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:28 am
Nice, finallly found a fitting nickname for you: il gentiluomo :D
Il gentiluomo mascherato

The gentleman in costume, like Berlusconi. :P 🕺
John connor

Post by John connor »

warmweer wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:21 am
it says a lot about your level of attention and understanding of communication.
I often wonder about your cognitive ability and attention to communication and reading comprehension. I say things that seem to go through one ear and out the other and you post mindless crap as to suggest this or that which runs parallel to what I just stated. Perfect example of this is in the coronavirus topic.

warmweer wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:21 am
and BTW: Black lives Matter (and the inevitable White lives Matter) are (to me) insulting slogans.
Lives matter: full stop.
At least we agree on something. But the white lives matter crap will never happen. Trust me on that one. It's like having straights make their own flag or some damn thing. That too will never happen. Understand the analogy?

Here in the U.S. there' a major push by the treasonous mob and to add insult to injury politicians are caving in. With the destruction of America's past by virtue of tearing down statues, one has to wonder if they'd gladly erect a statue of Stalin or Chairman Mao. They were going after the Alamo as well and are going after Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, the founding fathers of a constitution that has been copied to an extent the world over. The first amendment gives you a right to protest, not to destroy property.

#AllLivesMatter
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:04 am
I often wonder about your cognitive ability and attention to communication and reading comprehension.
Not my problem - my limited cognitive abilities don't seem to be an impediment to my professional and social functioning, but then again, I don't know what everyone is saying about me behind my back :lol:
John connor wrote:
But the white lives matter crap will never happen. Trust me on that one.
Perhaps you missed it (actually Fox News misses a lot also). And no, I'm not going to waste time looking for a link. AFAIR it was singular event and the general reaction was condemning.
John connor wrote:
With the destruction of America's past by virtue of tearing down statues, one has to wonder if they'd gladly erect a statue of Stalin or Chairman Mao.
The destruction, or just as bad, removal of statues and the likes is ridiculous. It doesn't change history and their presence actually serve as a reminder about the acceptable AND unacceptable things that happened. The situation is similar in Belgium, and our king was more or less "forced" to present his personal excuses to Congo for the "crimes" committed. At least Rutte (Dutch Prime Minister) has the sense to explicitly refuse to apologise.

The whole slavetrade is blamed on "the white man" but the fact is that in Africa there were fights between regions, even neighbouring villages, and in many cases the losers were taken as slaves, then sold to the Arabs, who in turn sold them to the whites (who then transported them overseas, where they were sold again.
The Romans and Greeks had slaves, as did the Egyptians.
It's better to be reminded of true and complete history instead of showing only the things than can be glorified or for which praise is/could be received.
Random American

Post by Random American »

warmweer wrote:
Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:35 pm
Not coronavirus related but unfortunately (or fortunately) there's no specific topic devoted to DT
Congrats. You now are the OP of a topic about His Majesty, Trump.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Trump who... the one who advertises the beans? 🤔
Dan Stylez

Post by Dan Stylez »

What's with all the... "y'all brainwashed by the media"

I've watched Trump say things live on TV that were lies... surely even his supporters can acknowledge that he has lied once or twice.

If you y'all just say... "yes he's lied about x - but I like the majority of his decisions" fine, but when you make out they didn't happen and you somehow justify the lies it's so bizarre.

I admit, I don't like the way some media channels cover him, CNN for example, Don Lemon 1hr, Anderson Cooper 1hr, Chris Coumo 1hr, basically all three donate their 1 hr shows to criticising Trump,

The other night Coumo had a guy on whose 80 year old mum and dad both died from Covid-19, the hospital allowed them to put his mum and dads beds next to eachother so they could both pass away holding hands - this story I thought was really nice - then Coumo starts saying "this shouldn't have happened" and passes it on to Trump not demanding everyone wears a mask... to which the guy said his dad has been stuck at home since January and his mum had always been extra careful when popping out,

By all means have a go at Trump, but don't get some poor guy whose just lost his mum and dad on the TV and have the audacity to imply they'd be alive if it wasn't for Trump.
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Donald Drunk is in Abraham Lincoln as I am in Giuseppe Garibaldi.

2020-07-19 07_26_28-16b79b3b68e965-20_0.mp4 - Lettore multimediale VLC.png
3Di
Former Team Member

Post by 3Di »

Donald Trump admits he "often" regrets his tweets and retweets. "In the old days, you wrote a letter and then, if you thought it was bad, you threw it away. The next day you could say, "Good thing I didn't send it," says Trump in an interview with Dave Portnoy, the founder of Barstool Sports. "But you can't do that with Twitter. You post it, you feel satisfied and then you start getting calls like 'did you really say that?' And you notice a lot of things," Trump adds.
Welcome to reality. Where were you until now? Always lying on the bar?
John connor

Post by John connor »

You wanna cite your source?

Return to “General Discussion”