The Donald Trump Topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:14 am
You wanna cite your source?
I don't see why 3Di (or anyone else for that matter) should waste time posting links to outdated proof: just check what DT says, tweets, proclaims any day (add other verbs to your heart's delight) or ... don't bother because the next day he'll say he didn't say that, or that he was misquoted, or that it was taken out of context, or ... the usual stuff: how great he's been doing.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-NdnCyA_Yq ... atch_again
User avatar
John connor
Registered User
Posts: 2555
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: U S Of A
Name: Aaron
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by John connor »

warmweer wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:45 pm
John connor wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:14 am
You wanna cite your source?
I don't see why 3Di (or anyone else for that matter) should waste time posting links to outdated proof: just check what DT says, tweets, proclaims any day (add other verbs to your heart's delight) or ... don't bother because the next day he'll say he didn't say that, or that he was misquoted, or that it was taken out of context, or ... the usual stuff: how great he's been doing.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-NdnCyA_Yq ... atch_again
If you're gonna post something to try and validate anything you say, then it would be in the best interest of the poster to share the source so the reader knows where it came from in an effort for the poster to stay coherent.

If Trump is complaining about how the media took him out of context, it usually means that is the case. He's probably the most attacked president I have ever known and you're part of this bandwagon.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

John connor wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:55 am
If Trump is complaining about how the media took him out of context, it usually means that is the case. He's probably the most attacked president I have ever known and you're part of this bandwagon.
Your statement that he's probably the most attacked president you have ever known, is a personal opinion (and no source is needed). I'm not going to try to contradict that because it's probably true, and it's probably also true that there are reasons for that.
However: it would be interesting to have a look at your sources showing that the media took him out of context. Who knows, I might be able to come up with some sources about the real context and how Trump bends and twists (many) facts. Oh, not necessary, just about every news site uses independent fact-checkers (and yes they do exaggerate sometimes, even when the facts alone should suffice).

Let's have a look at one of his more recent proclamations; about “acing” a simple cognitive test. IIRC there was an interview with DT in which the interviewer (probably left-wing comes to mind) stated that the test wasn't the hardest in the world, to which the president responded that the interviewer wouldn't be able to answer the last 5 questions correctly (and neither would Biden).

Observation: Personality trait = attack anything which in any which way does not sound positive about self

Regardless, that cognitive test was either the MMSE or the MoCA (the latter I think) and involves recognising animals drawn, doing some simple arithmetic, telling the time from a clock (one of those old fashioned round things with 2 moving pointers, a short one, and if memory doesn't fail me, a slightly longer one also), reading and vocalising a couple of words which will have to be repeated a couple of minutes later, finding a general link between 2 words (e.g. car and train, or sea and lake), and some more really simple questions. "Acing" that test is no big feat, in fact any person with more or less normal mental health probably aces it. Those kind of tests are actually given to people with suspected deteriorated mental health but passing the test is no bill of clean mental health and is certainly not something anyone in the right state of mind would even think of bragging about (and certainly not claim that doctors were amazed by the results).

I'm actually surprised his political opponents didn't wring that towel: perhaps they have the decency that Trump obviously lacks (although it certainly wouldn't have been out of context).
User avatar
Lumpy Burgertushie
Registered User
Posts: 67986
Joined: Mon May 02, 2005 3:11 am
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

all of that about the test may be true. however, nothing he said was not true either. I don't know about this particular case if the media or anyone else was claiming that he lied about it, but that is the exact type of thing that people are doing.

just because they don't like the way he presents things or himself, they say he lies all the time.

a lie is completely different from a mistake, or an exagferation etc.

a lie is saying something on purpose that is absolutely not true and that you know is not true.
the media and others are constantly talking about how Trump lies all the time but it turns out that most of the things he is accused of lying about , he was right about all along.

Oh well, I keep saying I am not going to get into this completely crazy hatred of this one man who had really done nothing wrong
since elected president but here I am again...

joy,

robert
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:06 pm
the media and others are constantly talking about how Trump lies all the time but it turns out that most of the things he is accused of lying about , he was right about all along.
Let's just agree to disagree on that.
The saying goes that where there's smoke, there's fire and there's a helluvalot o' smoke ( BTW, in another context, I've quit adding to that, 10th day now - probably the 30th time or more reaching that stage, hopefully the last time).
User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 15860
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by 3Di »

warmweer wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:45 pm
SNIP
I don't see why 3Di (or anyone else for that matter) should waste time posting links to outdated proof
SNIP
But especially when all you simply have to do is search the web with the text I posted and find out how many results there are on pages all over the world. The text is certainly not obsolete or old. So there is no reason to give hateurs another chance to claim or at least try to dictate that the text was written by the left wing of thought or such partisan rubbish. ;)

Amen.
User avatar
3Di
Former Team Member
Posts: 15860
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: Milan (IT) Frankfurt (DE)
Name: Marco
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by 3Di »

Lumpy Burgertushie wrote:
Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:06 pm
SNIP
I don't understand how Professor JC hasn't stepped in on your essay yet. He's usually very picky. I can tell, it ;) approves of your thinking. :D
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 4915
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by warmweer »

Just to bring the discussion about Trump lying back to the Donald Trump topic (instead of the Corona virus topic), and in order to avoid having to read the repeated request for verifiable sources over and over again.
Here's a concise (well, not so concise really) overview.
Veracity of statements by Donald Trump

Oh, forgot that wikipedia is probably another of those left-wing institutions. :roll:
User avatar
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 4779
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 9:10 am
Location: Swearing at the PC, UK
Name: James
Contact:

Re: The Donald Trump Topic

Post by HiFiKabin »

This topic is appearing to drift in the same way as the Coronavirus topic has. To prevent potential problems it is now closed
Locked

Return to “General Discussion”