I have tried to cache the static resources of phpBB, activating Apache mod_expires
Then restart apache, I even tried to restart the server but the current cache configuration that I have is not being applied, this configuration is applied at the .htacces level (the one that is in / config), attached photo of my current configuration (edited with the current config)
And here we check that if the cache policy is applied to give an example, it should expire in a month and expire the same day. I also checked it with google speedInsight and effectively no cache policies were being applied<IfModule mod_expires.c>
ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/webp "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/svg+xml "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType image/x-icon "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType video/mp4 "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType video/mpeg "access plus 1 year"
ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/pdf "access plus 1 month"
ExpiresByType application/x-shockwave-flash "access plus 1 month"
For .gif files the expires directive is not specified ...
It is clear that something is wrong, initially instead of doing it in the .htacces try to implement the cache at the server level, but the file where expires.conf should be done inside /etc/apache2/mods-available/expires.conf, but This file did not exist by default, should I create it? It may have something to do with the failure
However with ae2enmod expires, check that indeed the module was activated.
Finally, for phpBB and in general, do you think the cache will be more effective at the .htacces or server level?
Edit1:Ok the mistake was that it had apache value of AllowOverride none instead of all. Of all formal at the end I will not do it through .htacces since it causes an unnecessary overload to the server and being a vps and having access to httpd.conf / apache2.conf it is better to apply the changes there, correct me if I am wrong
*******SOLVED the main topic
Edit2: Solved, in the end I made the configuration at the virtualHost level and the ttl are already correct, however I still have doubts about why Google on its website GoogleSpeedInsight continues to mark the cached resources as they continue to have an ineffective cache policy, if any moderator considers it appropriate, I open another thread.NEW ISSUE
Attached photo with what I mean: