Losers and Suckers

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Random American

Losers and Suckers

Post by Random American »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theatl ... le/615997/

Apparently this is what Trump thinks of our veterans and people who died for our country.
Trump said, “Why should I go to that cemetery? It’s filled with losers.” In a separate conversation on the same trip, Trump referred to the more than 1,800 marines who lost their lives at Belleau Wood as “suckers” for getting killed.
This comes as no surprise as Trump got out of military service himself via a faux medical reason and ran a scam university, and even denigrated Senator McCain for being captured.

So much for the party that stands with the troops. :roll:
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by warmweer »

A month or 2 ago I started believing that the coronacrisis would have many people think about Trump's actions and lies and that his chances of getting re-elected would dwindle, but it seems as though a large part of the US population just doesn't care.
Random American

I'm an American, thought the same way, and came to the same conclusion. We are in the post-truth era, and I'm far from a Democrat.
david63

Post by david63 »

Don't worry folks - Trump has said that there will be a Covid-19 vaccine generally available in America on the 1st November. If I was to be classed as a cynical person I would connect that to a Presidential election 10 days or so later!!!
Random American

Be cynical. That is the reason why he is doing it.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

People who were there denied he said that. But then, the Atlantic has "anonymous sources".

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-mili ... rs-report/
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Random American

Yes, Trump and his yes men deny the report. What a surprise. Considering what he did to McCain, I'm more inclined to believe he said it.
DTMWC

Post by DTMWC »

Given how Russia have fast tracked a vaccine which several reports in the news today claim may actually be effective, I would imagine Trump, as a Putin fan will be looking closely and getting ready to follow suit.

No matter what anyone or news agency says about trump... no matter if it's on film, no matter if it's on tape, no matter if it's a photo... it's a fake, it's been edited or he was joking.

The media have messed up and made it look like they have a personal agenda against him, especially Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper, so when they spend their entire shows bashing trump rather than reporting on a hurricane or a shooting, people realise that even if Trump did something good Don and Anderson would try to ignore it or find at least 1 critical thing to say... which makes it easy for him to win voters and convince people that everything is fake news and the media are creating hatred etc.

So if Trump wins the election, you Americans should Tweet Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper and the many other news anchors who do the same thing to say thank you for all the help they have been giving him.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

Dan Stylez wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:17 pm
No matter what anyone or news agency says about trump... no matter if it's on film, no matter if it's on tape, no matter if it's a photo... it's a fake, it's been edited or he was joking.

The media have messed up and made it look like they have a personal agenda against him, especially Don Lemon and Anderson Cooper, so when they spend their entire shows bashing trump rather than reporting on a hurricane or a shooting, people realise that even if Trump did something good Don and Anderson would try to ignore it or find at least 1 critical thing to say... which makes it easy for him to win voters and convince people that everything is fake news and the media are creating hatred etc.

So if Trump wins the election, you Americans should Tweet Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper and the many other news anchors who do the same thing to say thank you for all the help they have been giving him.
Following that reasoning, you could argue that other news media downplaying or turning round any goof Trump's made (and believe you me; the list is endless) would have a similar effect and result in more and more people thinking that the reports of Trump doing something good, are probably just another cover-up operation.
If there's one thing Trump is really good at, it's shouting louder than all the others.

Whatever the outcome of the election, is the losing side going to accept defeat?
Random American

It's not going to end well, no matter who wins in November.
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

Random American wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:43 am
It's not going to end well, no matter who wins in November.
I'm pretty sure that everybody knows by now that Biden is the DNC's hand puppet.
Obama and the Deep state have their collective hands so far up Biden's Buttocks, That
they pull on his tonsils to operate his mouth. If Elected, Kamala Harris would probably be sworn in as President
within 90 Days......
Random American

To be honest both Trump and Biden are pretty bad. Regardless, whomever wins, the other side is going to flip shit.

I would say Trump is worse though.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Hyper partisan media outlet citing an anonymous source making an extraordinary claim.

It must be true. :lol:
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

thecoalman wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:34 am
Hyper partisan media outlet citing an anonymous source making an extraordinary claim.

It must be true. :lol:
It's a bit cynical to reiterate this but the hyperpartisan thing applies to many media outlets. There is one side however, that goes way too far and when they can't find facts to objectively disprove a claim, the resort used is branding the other side as communists.
The objective bystander (or at least a bystander who tries to be objective) should be able to see through this and filter out the bias.
Random American

Look, I think he said this because Trump is known for insulting people and has made it a hallmark of his previous campaign. This is not out of the blue, this matches his MO.

Return to “General Discussion”