Losers and Suckers

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
User avatar
qcz
Registered User
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:59 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by qcz »

david63 wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:03 pm
Don't worry folks - Trump has said that there will be a Covid-19 vaccine generally available in America on the 1st November. If I was to be classed as a cynical person I would connect that to a Presidential election 10 days or so later!!!
Politicians always make promises they can't keep
Random American
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 am
Location: Somewhere in the Southern USA.

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by Random American »

No accusations of "TDS?" That's something.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 5325
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by warmweer »

Random American wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:05 pm
No accusations of "TDS?" That's something.
JC hasn't entered the building yet ;-)
Random American
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 am
Location: Somewhere in the Southern USA.

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by Random American »

warmweer wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:17 pm
Random American wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:05 pm
No accusations of "TDS?" That's something.
JC hasn't entered the building yet ;-)
He changed his name by the way: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1446111

Amyway, TDS arguments should be mocked. It went from merely criticising leftists who are overly emotional about some of Trump's statements to any and all criticism of Trump.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 5325
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by warmweer »

2600, the 580th annual celebration of the moment America changed it's course and saw the light again ... 8-)
JC already knows what will happen ? :lol:
User avatar
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Posts: 4059
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:52 am
Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by thecoalman »

Random American wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:56 pm
Look, I think he said this because Trump is known for insulting people and has made it a hallmark of his previous campaign. This is not out of the blue, this matches his MO.
I honestly believe when Trump began his campaign they decided since they were not going to get a fair shake from the media they decided to go with it. Last weeks outrage is forgotten because of this weeks outrage. Trump remains in the news constantly, minimally the biased outlets look bad because they simply can't help themselves and cover the outrages while important news takes a back seat. Whether on purpose or not it has worked for him.

Getting back to the alleged comment in question, it's a hyper partisan media outlet citing an anonymous source.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Random American
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 am
Location: Somewhere in the Southern USA.

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by Random American »

thecoalman wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:47 am
Random American wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:56 pm
Look, I think he said this because Trump is known for insulting people and has made it a hallmark of his previous campaign. This is not out of the blue, this matches his MO.
I honestly believe when Trump began his campaign they decided since they were not going to get a fair shake from the media they decided to go with it. Last weeks outrage is forgotten because of this weeks outrage. Trump remains in the news constantly, minimally the biased outlets look bad because they simply can't help themselves and cover the outrages while important news takes a back seat. Whether on purpose or not it has worked for him.

Getting back to the alleged comment in question, it's a hyper partisan media outlet citing an anonymous source.
Many politicians don't think the media is representing them fairly but they don't act like toddlers on the campaign trail. Trump also was always like that, even before he ran for the presidency. Also, the source being anonymous does not make it in-valid, as Deepthroat was a good source during the breaking of Watergate and he was anonymous. As for partisanship, everything is partisan these days. The question is if it is BS, and considering the crap Trump has pulled in the past, I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. This isn't me being a liberal, this is a man who has little redeeming qualities.
User avatar
2600
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: Area-51

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by 2600 »

thecoalman wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:34 am
Hyper partisan media outlet citing an anonymous source making an extraordinary claim.

It must be true. :lol:
And why is this topic allowed after that last horse shit excuse?

Do I need to type seven paragraphs about why this is nonsensical bullshit as usual?

If the other topics were removed under the guise that this site is not about this sort of thing, then this topic needs to be removed as well. Especially since people now a days lose their shit at anything the press feeds them in respect to the president. Never mind how the press has an agenda.

"The man who never looks into a newspaper is better informed than he who reads them, inasmuch as he who knows nothing is nearer to truth than he whose mind is filled with falsehoods and errors. He who reads nothing will still learn the great facts, and the details are all false."
~Thomas Jefferson to John Norvell
Random American
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 am
Location: Somewhere in the Southern USA.

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by Random American »

2600 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:28 am
And why is this topic allowed after that last horse shit excuse?
Your desire to censor because you don't like the topic is noted.

Edit: Also, I'm not going to blindly believe Trump is good due to an out of context Jefferson quote.
User avatar
2600
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: Area-51

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by 2600 »

No, because I was in affect censored. I was going to write a very long page on the BS to the Wikipedia article posted in the last topic and discovered the topic was locked and now deleted.

And by the way. Losers and suckers are those who believe the press. Lets not forget about what all Trump has done for Veterans Affairs and the military. To say that this piece from the Atlantic is somehow true speaks volumes about who the consumer is and their constant phony disdain for a man that's done so much for this country. Trump could have kept his lavish lifestyle, but instead saw how things were going even way back then when he was interviewed by Oprah. Now he's the president and doesn't even take the quarterly paychecks.
Random American wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:32 am
Edit: Also, I'm not going to blindly believe Trump is good due to an out of context Jefferson quote.

You're already blind, so don't worry about it.
Random American
Registered User
Posts: 105
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:45 am
Location: Somewhere in the Southern USA.

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by Random American »

2600 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:42 am
No, because I was in affect censored.
So was I, as I cannot post past locks either. I disagree with the community team's decision to do that. Which is why I posted this topic here. Argue away.

Edit: And back to what I was going to argue:
2600 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:42 am
And by the way. Losers and suckers are those who believe the press. Lets not forget about what all Trump has done for Veterans Affairs and the military. To say that this piece from the Atlantic is somehow true speaks volumes about who the consumer is and their constant phony disdain for a man that's done so much for this country. Trump could have kept his lavish lifestyle, but instead saw how things were going even way back then when he was interviewed by Oprah. Now he's the president and doesn't even take the quarterly paychecks.
Random American wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:32 am
Edit: Also, I'm not going to blindly believe Trump is good due to an out of context Jefferson quote.

You're already blind, so don't worry about it.
Even shit presidents do good things at times, but that doesn't mean everything bad they do should be ignored. It is blind to think that a man who filled his cabinet with lobbyists and other cronies is going to actually "drain the swamp" and Trump is still living lavishly. It's not like he fallen into poverty. His family is making money off his presidency as well (Biden doing that too is no excuse, as he is supposedly draining the swamp). He is not some great man.
User avatar
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator
Posts: 5325
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:34 am
Location: Van Allen Bel ... gium

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by warmweer »

2600 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:42 am
Losers and suckers are those who believe the press.
Coming from the guy who hails Fox' coverage of DT's (lack of) presidency :roll:

DT's presidency will always be remembered because of his grand disclosure to the public: "I aced it, I totally aced it!".

And, lest we forget, there's hasn't been independent confirmation yet that DT himself actually took that test (but up to now, still no rumours that the SAT-test passing method was used).
User avatar
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Posts: 22739
Joined: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:49 am
Location: Watching cricket probably.

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by Mick »

2600 wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:28 am
And why is this topic allowed after that last horse shit excuse?
Random American wrote:
Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:48 am
I disagree with the community team's decision to do that
If you have an issue with this topic, its content or moderation please feel free to report it.
"The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
User avatar
EA117
Registered User
Posts: 1805
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:23 am
Contact:

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by EA117 »

Kind of unfortunate that we would even burden the phpBB Community team with moderating these topics. Everyone has the common sense and decency not to come here discussing their off-color and not-safe-for-family topics that would require moderation. Yet we for some reason feel compelled to dump this stuff here that we already know no one agrees on, that has an inherent nature to devolve into things that lack common sense and reason; and that by all evidence can only end in contention.

The inability of either side to cut through the conversation to find common ground is a doom for our future. The apparent lack of even wanting to find a common ground saps one's hope that this can change any time soon. Perhaps its all inevitable for a country which has basked in its own view of success for so long, and has undervalued education for so long, that now too many participants have lost any perspective or connection to the compromise and leadership required in creating and maintaining the democracy we've now long taken for granted.

The only thing I've liked about these topics is how they give non-United States participants a view into the kinds of mentalities that are going on in the United States right now. Some of which may or may not already be apparent to the news agencies "looking in from the outside." Which is why responses to confirm "yes, and there are also those who can see how every step has been a further departure from reason" are also important to represent. Since otherwise there seems to be a belief that shouting the loudest or saying the most stuff equals being correct.

But there is mostly no point to continuing to respond, because for every picture of a butterfly that is held up, one will say "clearly that's beauty" and the other will say "clearly whatever that thing is is trying to attack our freedom", and no conversation progresses from there. The attack on facts, science and education is winning; very much so online, and leaking more and more into the real world. The tacit permission to openly package long-standing racism as "just common sense security" is winning; very much so online, and leaking more and more into the real world.
User avatar
2600
I've Been Banned!
Posts: 2567
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:14 pm
Location: Area-51

Re: Losers and Suckers

Post by 2600 »

You're correct, and I believe the world (or at least the U.S.) has gone to hell in a hand basket with gifts of fine wine and cigars with political correctness and partisan cry baby bull crap from the stand point of every cotton picking thing one president or congressman does. Two examples: One in which Trump tweets this or that or says this or that, etc. And two: the latest in which Nancy Pelosi got a hair cut or what ever the hell without a face mask and was caught on camera. Now I don't care for Pelosi one little bit, but really?! Who cares! Oh, the media cares for numbers and stuff. Yeah, she's pretty much part of the do as I say not as I do crowd, but I don't really give a flying you know what about her dumb ass not wearing a mask. What I really do care about is her district and how it's literally covered in shit and needles, etc.

Gone are the days of JFK democrats. Now a days it's morphed farther and farther to the left and seen as how the current sitting president has an R after his name he's target number one. Seems like the man can't do one damn thing right for these people. I bet the Right To Try act is grounded in bitterness and scorn from these people. They pulled the same crap on Bush. Oh, I argued my actual ass off on many forums back then about Bush and the Iraq war (Operation Iraqi Freedom). In fact, and I don't know if this is true or not, but rather strange. Is that I wrote on one particular forum about how you can't compare the Patriots of the American revolutionary war to the insurgents of Iraq. I don't remember what all I said now, but when I was watching Bill O'reilly back then (which I faithfully did every single night since high school!) he repeated every single word I had written on that forum. It was one sentence. If that's just a coincidence then that would be like winning the lottery and being struck by lighting all at the same time. I mean, the whole sentence word for word! :D :lol: Anyway, if Mr. O'reilly is reading this now (which I doubt LOL) and you did repeat what I said, thank you. I stand by what I write with strong conviction and will NEVER let anyone tell me otherwise. That's just the person I am. If there are no real facts to backup the claim, then it's what O'reilly would say, "bloviating."

At any rate. Times sure have changed, and I know there is one political party in particular right now that are fanning the flames and condoning inappropriate and treasonous behavior all under the guise of "protesting" which is NOT what's happening at all. They won't even admit ANTIFA exists for crying out loud. That pretty much underscores that when you deny the wrongdoing you are yourself the issue much like propaganda from Nazi Germany. Yet the current sitting president is to them the spawn of satan* himself. The Democrats started the American civil war and they may end up doing it again part deux. Personally, if I were president, the convicted of these acts under the guise of politics would have their citizenship revoked and they would be deported. Same for the tearing down of statues. There name as well will be on the Homeland Security shit list. I say this because these are not protests but acts of tyranny. They are abridging the rights of others and want to dismantle the executive branch (law enforcement) and if they could, the presidency. Can't wait to see what shit storm happens post election. No matter who wins it's gonna be a fiasco.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times... it was 2020.

*This word should NEVER be capitalized.

Addendum, since I'm not suppose to write another post after my own. Trump's presidency can be summoned up by John 15:18.
Locked

Return to “General Discussion”