The Edward Snowden topic

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
I've Been Banned!

The Edward Snowden topic

Post by 2600 »

Oh, this outta be fun. I wrote a piece on my board about what I thought about Edward Snowden and since I have next to no users on my forum project, I'm placing a quote and link to my content here for opinion. So with that, here's a Wayback Machine link in case you can't enter my site for security reasons and a quote.

https://web.archive.org/web/20200908221 ... php?p=3099

The Real Whistle Blower wrote:I see many people all over the Internet up to and including their great uncle praise Mr. Snowden with a nomenclature of words like, "hero" or "whistle blower." But to me nothing could be farther from the truth and here's why.

First and foremost. A lot of what Mr. Snowden has said isn't exactly revolutionary or mind blowing at all. We all knew, or at least I did, that the NSA, etc uses all kinds of spying apparatus. In fact, when I went to the theater back in 1998 to see the movie Enemy Of The State, I was like, "this is really a tell all movie despite its fictional plot." Way back then and even before I always knew what the NSA was capable of and to me, the movie pretty much validated my opinion in an educational way based on the fact the movie researchers must have did their homework. I knew about ECHELON and Rhyolite satellites, etc, etc, ad nusaium. After all, all manner of clandestine, special Ops, escape and evasion and para military forces has always peaked my interests and I have read numerous books on these subjects and absorbed the information from what was then a very good cable TV channel called the History Channel that revealed a lot of this stuff on various shows. Back then on the History Channel they ran a spy craft show of which I can't remember its name now, but featured Keith Milton of his International Spy Museum. For people to claim now that Mr. Snowden is some "hero" for saying these things is analogous to some news magazine TV show like 60 Minutes or 20/20 telling its audience that there are in fact corrupt politicians. Case in point, really? You think? So now lets move on.
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Re: The Edward Snowden topic

Post by 3Di »

John connor wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:20 pm
... since I have next to no users on my forum project ...
I often wonder if some people use this site as a way to promote their forums,
post duplicate material while they are struggling to get someone to join their forum.

Just my 2 € cents.
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

That's not my intention at all and in the some five years I've been a member I never created a post like this. The only reason why I'm doing it here now is just as I said. I don't have users to post their opinion, so I'm posting my content here for discussion and what others think of my analysis.

Also, I didn't give a direct link to my site, but rather a Wayback Machine link negating the need to go to my site from the jump. Though, I do realize my domain is there among the Wayback Machine link.

Again, there's no self-promotion here at all. I already know my SEO and compition due in large part by my lazyness to create content on a day by day basis and to try and promote my site on social media and other things.

Users for me aren't an important factor as my website is more for a learning experience in websites and the security that surrounds them. In the five some years now I've learned a boat full, no, a barge full in terms of cyber security. I would have never imagined I'd ever have a website, but one day I decided to put my ability to create and secure one and so I did. I also run a WordPress site and that too has been a learning experience.

Back on topic. Snowden is a traitor and I can't even imagine the national security setbacks he single handedly created. Probably for decades.
HaioPaio

Post by HaioPaio »

I have decided not to discuss with you.
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

I forgot all about the wayback machine, I looked my site up, and discovered that at one time it was once a naughty Chinese site....(2011)
3Di
Former Team Member
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

The author of the topic can no longer reply for obvious reasons, in my opinion there is no need to beat a dead horse.
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

3Di wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:42 am
in my opinion there is no need to beat a dead horse.
It's called tenderizing. My last steak still had the jockey marks on it.

Return to “General Discussion”