Happy....

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
bikeridr

Re: Happy....

Post by bikeridr »

Wow, that was expensive..
In Norway, during the "beginning of the internet" and everybody except big companies had dial-up, there were in practical only one state owned phone company.
Before internet we had the BBS servers we could call and retreive files.
Anyway, since Telenor (or "stealing north" as it became by word), had no competitors, they figured "to approach the market situation" that they doubled the call fees overnight. Also, the 49 øre (abt €0,05) startup fee for free calls between 17:00 and 07:00 went down the drain and a charge per minute was (re)introduced.
An hour a day surfing in 1994, when I got my own internet subscription cost about NOK500,- a month (without adjustment for inflation, it is abt €50,-) That was the cheapest package, where you were only allowed to connect between 18:00 and 06:00 plus all day Saturday and Sunday.

Today, 26 years later and in another country, I pay €48,- for 3 full 4G connections with 6GB roaming in EU/EEC+Switzerland and free quota Domestic net access.
(Unfortunately, I live on the wrong side of the motorway to get fiber, but 5G is about to be released some time next year).

Return to “General Discussion”