Whats is the worst thing you have ever done on a computer?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
jonlg_uk

Post by jonlg_uk »

Me i accidently turned the voltage regulation on the back of my PSU from 230V to 120V and blew my computer up :) how about you?
HTTP://www.OWNINGUP.com - online anonymous confessions
HTTP://www.Videosteal.com - Download videos from youtube, google and break.com
HTTP://www.poll-pal.com - Add a free online poll to your website, myspace, hi5 and more!
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Connected an IBM hard drive with the power on, hehe sparkie! :roll:
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!
jonlg_uk

server

Post by jonlg_uk »

when i was younger i accidently shut down my school server with about 100 people using it big mistake
HTTP://www.OWNINGUP.com - online anonymous confessions
HTTP://www.Videosteal.com - Download videos from youtube, google and break.com
HTTP://www.poll-pal.com - Add a free online poll to your website, myspace, hi5 and more!
romans1423
Name: Rick Beckman

Post by romans1423 »

Nothing too major... while playing a game on my old Amiga, I touched the screen to wipe some dust off; the static electricity caused a shock between my other hand and the metal part of the joystick, which apparently fried the port the joystick was plugged into... My hand didn't feel too great for an hour or so either.
battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye »

Deleted config.php and didn't know how to recreate it..
I guess I'm going pretty well then if that's the worst :lol:
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D
Fubonis

Post by Fubonis »

Plastered it with baby-batter.
phpBB, more like idon'tlikeyouorwhatyoupostedsoi'lllockyourtopicandthendeleteitBB m i rite???
Graphic
Former Team Member

Post by Graphic »

Installed Windows. :lol:
What Is Real!?
Latest phpBB2 Styles: [What Is Real!?] [Avalanche]
sonyboy

Post by sonyboy »

Graphic wrote:

Installed Windows. :lol:

hahaha, for me would be deleting last copy of my forum with ton of MODs that I add to.
Ksilebo

Post by Ksilebo »

Installed RAM backwards.

The really really bad part is it was recently...and it was a stick of DDR266, and on an Abit NF7-S. It was not mine. I felt very dumb. Fried the board, RAM, however, was fine.
smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

I thought most components in computers these days could only be installed one way (I thought RAM was one of them), not like 10 years ago
Systems Engineering
ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

The worst that i've done in a computer? When i was younger (8 years ago), i was curious about a switch that was in the back of my computer... I switched and pssschhhht! So i went for changing my alimentation bloc.

Else, i had 2 magnets, and (always for curiosity), i tested them around a pin of a socket (the little metallic pin that you can see on an electric socket), and i was quite for a fear (i risked to be electrocuted)
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)
Vic D'Elfant
Former Team Member

Post by Vic D'Elfant »

Hm... the worst I've done at a computer... I accidentally formatted the hard disk partition which contained all data, instead of the partition which contained the OS. And, at that time, I didn't made backups :lol:
So there was about one year of scripts, office documents, and my dad's files gone.

But now I backup my data twice a week 8)

Vic
midd.ag • DTP, web development & printing
http://www.midd.ag
adamsmark

Post by adamsmark »

Let's see...

I once tried to rip out a CPU that was sodered to the motherboard. Used a screw driver (got part of it out)

Snapped a RAM chip in pieces to make it fit (it looked segmented).

Dropped a Mac SE down a flight of stairs (actually, apart from a scratch on the back, it wasn't damaged--I once saw a Mac Plus fly across a news room; it worked, too).
"I believe in the atomic bomb."

Blogging at http://agabus.com
Ksilebo

Post by Ksilebo »

smithy_dll wrote: I thought most components in computers these days could only be installed one way (I thought RAM was one of them), not like 10 years ago

I somehow forced it in. I was distracted while I was doing it.
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Oh yea a good one I forgot.

Hot swapping 486 chips! And it worked!!! :razz:

Although it did freeze the computer, but after a reset it was fine!
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Return to “General Discussion”