Whats is the worst thing you have ever done on a computer?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Afkamm

Post by Afkamm »

Way back in '98 I was playing a multiplayer flightsim called AirWarrior. I was flying on the Pacific map and having a blast. This one sortie I flew to an enemy airfield and started my dive down with my sights aimed firmly on the end of the runway where the new planes appeared. Must have been doing about 600+ knots when I dropped my bombs at the last moment and yanked back on my joystick to pull up, only to hear a loud crack and have the stick come away from the base. I was left in dumb silence looking at the broken joystick in my hand and seeing my plane crash into the ground. I learnt how to fly planes with a mouse quite well after that. :D

In '01 I built my first PC, took 2 attempts. First attempt I used a shim which I'll never do again as I ended up frying the processor within 4 seconds of booting. :'(
Marc :)
omeglapha

Post by omeglapha »

I can't say that I've ever done anything bad to the computer, but I've done some possible illegal stuff with a computer. I'll leave it at that. If I did have to say that I did something bad to my computer it was that I took out the memory card and accidentally set it on a kroger bag which was full of static electricty. You should all be able to put 2 and 2 together on that one.
Xamence

Post by Xamence »

The worst thing I've done to a computer is break the mouse into small pieces. ^_^
Worthalter

Post by Worthalter »

who said?:
AGP is not hotswapable :P
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

lmao thats funny...
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!
Mr. C
I've Been Banned!

Post by Mr. C »

omeglapha wrote: I can't say that I've ever done anything bad to the computer, but I've done some possible illegal stuff with a computer. I'll leave it at that. If I did have to say that I did something bad to my computer it was that I took out the memory card and accidentally set it on a kroger bag which was full of static electricty. You should all be able to put 2 and 2 together on that one.

Nope, I sure can't.
BennyBenassi

Post by BennyBenassi »

jonlg_uk - You almost killed me.. HAhaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
churchyard

Post by churchyard »

My friend was replacing his old processor. He was bent to the computer. He was holding processor in his right hand. I this time, his mother was cleaning a coridor. She had a bucket with waste water. She called him. He shocked. he brandished his right hand backvards and he released a processor. The processor fall into a bucket. :lol:
Tux Penguin Avatars: Discuss/Rate/Review | Pingus Ranks: Discuss/Rate/Review
BBLangs - MOD translations - GE, FR, CZ, SK - Support us with your translation
Jabber: churchyard@njs.netlab.cz
Pit
Security Consultant

Post by Pit »

churchyard wrote: The processor fall into a bucket. :lol:

Assuming the processor wasn't much above the temperature of the water, falling into the water would probably be better for it than falling on the floor. If it falls in the water, then you should rinse it thoroughly with clean (in fact preferably deionised) water and then leave it to dry. If it falls on the floor, or god forbid, hits the wall; then you risk it cracking internally. :)
super fun rainbow colour sig

Return to “General Discussion”