[SPLIT] Looking to archive an old unused board

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
J_M

[SPLIT] Looking to archive an old unused board

Post by J_M »

I have a similar need to archive a phpbb forum. Does anyone know of an online example of a forum archive that used the process above? Is the content of the resulting pages searchable?

Unfortunately I work on Macs so the use of httrack would be a little more difficult.

Any other more current ideas or methods of how to archive a forum?

thanks in advance.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: Looking to archive an old unused board

Post by stevemaury »

How to Clone a Website with Httrack on Mac

https://medium.com/@ademolajhon/how-to- ... bd935ccdc4
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
J_M

Re: Looking to archive an old unused board

Post by J_M »

Thank you Steve.

I used a Mac app - SiteSucker last night. It worked and created a usable local backup. But the archive is 1.2GB. It looks like there are a lot of redundant files Login pages that I could toss.

I wonder if the httrack process method would create an archive that would be better? I used sitesucker because I already owned it and it was convenient.

The goal was to create an online searchable archive without having to update the update the phpbb software and something that may be easily more portable. I’m not entirely sure whether this is a doable and successful task.

If anyone knows of an online example archive that does something like this that would be great. I haven’t found any so that leads me to think that it may not be a realistic task.

Thanks again

Return to “General Discussion”