Insane Amounts of Spam Emails.

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
SMP1977

Insane Amounts of Spam Emails.

Post by SMP1977 »

This isn't so much a phpbb problem but maybe more of a hosting thing maybe? For the last four months I am getting bombarded at rapid fire rates with emails to my main domain email account. They are all mostly gibberish, and come in looking like this. All of them. last week i had a small glimmero f hope where i was only getting about 10 or 12 per day but since sunday night it's back up to 25 to 40 or more.

It is always the same stuff over and over about handwriting and stuff like that I assume if filler text?

How do i stop this and take control of it? I currently use roundcube when I sign into Cpanel and it doesn't seem to have any spam control and that really sucks but it's hard to say if that would even work? This is driving me mental as you might figure what with phone and Fitbit notifications.

Anyone else ever have this issue? if so, how did you resolve it?
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Insane Amounts of Spam Emails.

Post by KevC »

Ask your hosts?
They probably have some filters on their mail system that can block them before they get to you.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
david63

Post by david63 »

Blacklist the IP addresses on your mail server - it won't stop them, but it will slow them down for a while.
Holger

Post by Holger »

I have exact the same :lol:
But Gmail does a perfect job flagging those as spam ...

Return to “General Discussion”