all my topics

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
timelessbeing

all my topics

Post by timelessbeing »

I made some topics and posts in the discussions for various extensions. I want to view a list of all of them. If I use the 'Quick Links' menu to view 'Your posts', it doesn't display all of them. Is there any way I can view ALL my discussions?
david63

Re: all my topics

Post by david63 »

Profile > Search user's posts
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

timelessbeing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:06 am I made some topics and posts in the discussions for various extensions. I want to view a list of all of them. If I use the 'Quick Links' menu to view 'Your posts', it doesn't display all of them. Is there any way I can view ALL my discussions?

Your posts
actually shows links to all the topics you've posted in, not to the posts themselves.
To explicitly show links to your post, you need to use Search user’s posts in the profile (click on the number in posts: on the profile area next to the post content)

added: david63 was faster (and shorter ;-) )
timelessbeing

Post by timelessbeing »

warmweer wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:27 am
Your posts
actually shows links to all the topics you've posted in
No, it does not. Some topics are missing. That's what I'm getting at.

Where is this topic?
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/exte ... pic/228811
Attachments
Screenshot_2021-03-09 phpBB • Your posts.png
david63

Post by david63 »

timelessbeing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:36 am Where is this topic?
Postings made in the CBD do not appear in listings of the main board as they are not totally integrated.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

timelessbeing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:36 am ...
No, it does not. Some topics are missing. That's what I'm getting at.
In the miniprofile, the number of posts is actually the postcount which in itself is not entirely correct as posts can be deleted (or moved to a hidden forum) without the postcount being affected.

extra: there's also a timelag sometimes with new posts, the postcount would be correct but the post itself is not (yet) referenced in the show all your posts (happens on phpBB.com now and then)
timelessbeing

Post by timelessbeing »

david63 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:45 am
timelessbeing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:36 am Where is this topic?
Postings made in the CBD do not appear in listings of the main board as they are not totally integrated.
Thank you David. You're the only one who seems to get my question.
What do you mean by "integrated"? It all looks like one forum to me. I use the same account.
So there's absolutely no way to see everything together? I have to treat each extension as if it's a separate website?
david63 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:23 am Profile > Search user's posts
this does not work
david63

Post by david63 »

timelessbeing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:21 am What do you mean by "integrated"? It all looks like one forum to me. I use the same account.
The CDB uses a program called Titania which has a lot more facilities for handling and managing extensions and styles. Not fully integrated means that the same login will work for both (as it does for Area51) and there are a few links that work between the two systems (such as "My contributions" in a user's profile) but postings are separate in both systems.
timelessbeing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:21 am So there's absolutely no way to see everything together?
No
timelessbeing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:21 am this does not work
What does not work? It works for me on this board but will not include any posts from the CDB
timelessbeing

Post by timelessbeing »

Can I at least list all my topics within the CDB together?
david63

Post by david63 »

timelessbeing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:23 am Can I at least list all my topics within the CDB together?
Yes but it is a bit convoluted.
  • Go to the CDB
  • Select any extension
  • Select the "Discussion/Support" tab
  • Where it says "Search this forum" select the "Advanced search" button
  • On the search page enter your username in the "Search for author" box
  • Hit the "search" button
timelessbeing

Post by timelessbeing »

Thank you.
It only lists posts rather than topics, but it's better than nothing and I can bookmark it.

Obviously this system leaves something to be desired.
david63

Post by david63 »

timelessbeing wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:43 am Obviously this system leaves something to be desired.
It does.

You could always suggest improvements in either the Ideas forum or the Bug Tracker
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

Nope: an idea would be invalid, as it will not be added to the core. And it's not a bug either, since it does not belong to the phpBB software. If anything, a WEBSITE ticket may help (but I doubt that, since this imperfection exists for many years already and not one phpbb.com website maintainer so far ever attempted to fix it).

For those people not wanting to go the long way of clicking: the URI is https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/search/results?author=AmigoJack as per username.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

as to topics: there is a choice
Display results as: Posts / Topics

Search all post by timelessbeing - show as topics

[url=https://www.phpbb.com/community/search.php?keywords=timelessbeing&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search[/url]
AmigoJack

Post by AmigoJack »

No, that would be However, if you click one your mini profile's 6598 posts link and just change one parameter in it you get an even simpler URI (https://www.phpbb.com/community/search.php?author_id=70561&sr=topics). Trivia: this reveals how many posts/topics are not available to regular members.

The URI the board search produces contains many parameters than are irrelevant - it can be reduced to just https://www.phpbb.com/community/search.php?keywords=timelessbeing&sr=topics (in this case still a keyword search on post contents, not a post's author name).

Return to “General Discussion”