Re: Have you been vaccinated yet? 💉

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

We’re not clear of this shit yet!

On the BBC this morning about festivals & Boardmasters:

For thousands of people heading to music festivals across the country this weekend there will be one experience they hope to miss - Covid. Jay Luffer, who has gone to Reading Festival and All Points East this weekend, says he thinks catching Covid is "inevitable". But has still packed his masks and lateral flow tests to try to be safe. For 20-year-old Jack Stacey going to Boardmasters festival earlier this month has "not been worth it" as he and all 20 friends he went with caught the virus. "I was always under the impression for me it would just be a little cough because I'm young - but I haven't been able to get out of bed," he says

20 out of 20??? What chance have we got?

A friends eldest daughters boyfriend went to Boardmasters caught Covid and now she has it. He’s self isolating in his camper van at the moment.

I’ve just ordered my lateral flow tests.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

I work in the performing arts, I have been on tour with various artists, in this for many years now. Since the Covid our profession has suffered a lot, and still suffers in France today. Vaccination is a possible solution to end the crisis but without any 100% reliability

I have been in contact with a person vaccinated and positive for Covid, I have 2 PCR tests which turned out to be negative. So obviously we keep a risk of contracting the disease as people vaccinated, however the symptoms will be less.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I can see a massive upsurge in positives after this weekends festivals. 40,000+ at each one is bound to slew the graphs.
    " - Harmony Cobel
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

Wait and see

In Lille, the Fair for rides will take place, near the Citadel, from August 28 to September 26. The sanitary "pass" will only be required on certain rides, but everyone will be able to move around freely in the middle of the aisles. Wearing a mask, on the other hand, is compulsory.

Does this imply a reversal of the French government on the health pass?
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

We both take a Flow Test 2x a week. We are not going out that much, so twice a week enables us to track back and let people know should we test positive.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

Those who do not want to live restricted lives will have to get vaccinated in most countries.
Here in Switzerland, people who are allergic to medicines and other sick people who cannot be vaccinated are once again forgotten / ignored. Soon you will only be allowed to visit a gastronomic establishment with a certificate. You will probably no longer even be allowed to go to medically prescribed weight training without a certificate. Soon you will have to pay for the tests yourself, around 75 francs. What do drug allergy sufferers and other sick people who are not allowed to be vaccinated do? If you meet an old acquaintance, you can no longer even sit on the terrace of a café without a certificate. Even a doctor's attestation won't be of much use. Even before Corona, you were already living in isolation, but now... Presumably you will soon only be allowed to spend time within your own four walls if you don't have a certificate or are unvaccinated. It does make you sad. Unfortunately, not everyone lives in a big house with a beautiful garden.
The Federal Council's statement that anyone who wanted to could get vaccinated for free is just plain wrong!
As an unvaccinated risk patient, it will be bad anyway, once the mask obligation, distance rule etc. no longer exist.
So one begins to ask oneself what kind of life this is supposed to be!
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

Mick wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:20 am 20 out of 20??? What chance have we got?
I wonder how many of them shared a car or a shared a tent, large gatherings indoors or outdoors are perfect for a virus that can spread without anyone showing symptoms especially when singing, shouting, eating and drinking is involved, watch how the smoke from someone vaping wafts around in the breeze, imagine that at a festival with hundreds of people in front of you, behind you and on both sides of you,

My neighbour is 64 and fully vaccinated but was taken to hospital seriously ill with Covid on Thursday, so it shows you can never be too careful.

His wife said he was feeling a bit better today so hopefully he will pull through and I can get my Dad's Army box set back that he nabbed off me before I got to watch them at the start of Lockdown 1.0 :)
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Tastenplayer wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:00 pmThose who do not want to live restricted lives will have to get vaccinated in most countries
Whilst that may be true the “Boardmasters” festival is specifically designed for kids, presumably the majority haven’t been offered or had jabs as per the present scheme. The two I’m talking about are 16 and 17.

I saw a bit of mayhem at football yesterday, dozens, maybe more, kids congregating at the back of a stand to make a racket. The stewards shouldn’t allow it as:
  1. All entrants have a designated seat where their backsides should remain and
  2. The football stadium safety laws don’t allow for standing at the moment*.
Personally I have no issue with standing or congregating under normal circumstances and would encourage the noise making. But, we still have a Covid problem and if there’s a breakout of Covid in my area attributable to that game I will be calling out the private contractor tasked with keeping the peace.

* I see this morning they’re looking at pilot schemes to re-introduce standing in football stadiums in England and Wales very soon.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

The father of the girl in my previous post tested positive this morning after having a sore throat, I was out with him and 7 or 8 others yesterday. I took a lateral flow test earlier which returned negative and so have most of the others. Two worrying notes though, one of the friends from yesterday looks after his 98 year old mother who refused the jabs on anti-jab grounds and one of the others, also with an elderly mum without jabs and a 6 year old daughter, hasn’t had jabs either due to belligerence.

It’s not over!
    " - Harmony Cobel
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

You're at your most contagious in the 48hrs before first symptoms so you should all test every day or two for the next 5-6 days. :(
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I’m going back to hermit mode.

0F708A1D-116B-45D4-9D9D-C5FF0CFEE069.jpeg
    " - Harmony Cobel
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Post by Sniper_E »

Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

:lol:
    " - Harmony Cobel
JesusGod-Pope666
I've Been Banned!

Post by JesusGod-Pope666 »

Dream on, that injection Nightmare will never reach my internal body if I have any say in anything!
And hopefully they will not go force this on people like I have seen some video's and of cause forcing it on older people and children - it is so disgusting. They love injecting that poison into people. It is like living a Nightmare, waking up to it every single day.

And it can't be long till the authorities are going to break into my apartment because of the missing "smart" meter - I'm a Criminal, by Danish man made law now - because I don't have a radiating spy meter in my home. You don't need to do much these days to become a Criminal by law, their law...

I have not been tested, not been vaccinated, not had a mask on beside one time single time, not used the hand sanitizers standing all around with, whatever thing it is, my memory fails me at the moment. I don't care about lines and I don't care about the overall bullshit overall. Put me in jail as a great criminal, we have a thinking individual here, danger to the Government and the Roman World Order.

- Darkijah
Last edited by JesusGod-Pope666 on Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Holger

Post by Holger »

Cmon, we are not on Facebook or Twitter or Telegram here ...

Return to “General Discussion”