Re: Have you been vaccinated yet? 💉

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Holger

Post by Holger »

Germany and Sweden (my father has his appointment in the next days) too.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

I get a booster each weekend, usually on Friday and Saturday evenings. The exact formula is secret but the components are in the public domain and are freely available (lime, grapefruit, some orangeliquer, tequila or mescal, a couple of icecubes and a ring of salt (optional) on the rim of the glass).
Don't overdo it or covid will be the least of your worries. :lol:
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I read somewhere that 2xAZ + 1xPfizer is better than three of the same. Probably conjecture as I most likely read it on the BBC news site.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Yes because they each cover the gaps in the protection of the other.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

Christopher Shilts

Post by Christopher Shilts »

Boy, that was a lot of email notifications.

I'm going to throw this up: https://nationalfile.com/university-of- ... accinated/

So, apparently if you don't get vaccinated, hospitals can now deny you life saving surgery. The message is pretty clear- if you don't take the shot, you're a subhuman who needs to die. How did our country come to this?
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Try thinking it through logically. If you are getting a transplant your immune system will be dramatically suppressed. This is a necessary part of dealing with transplants. So, you are automatically far more vulnerable to any and all infections.

Covid is rampant in the US, and the medical system is already severely stressed. Also, kidneys from suitable donor matches are always rare. So, if given the choice between providing a kidney for someone who is vaccinated, and therefore has areasonable chance of survival, or providing one for someone who can't be bothered geting vaccinated because FREEDOM!!! and is therefore far less likely to survive, what is the rational option here?

Do bear in mind that if you give the kidney to someone who refuses vaccination and they die because of that, this means you are probably condeming someone else to death too, because that someone else will miss out on the kidney.

Short version: what your country has come to is having medical practitioners who have to make the best choices in imperfect situations.
Deactivated 1950056

Post by Deactivated 1950056 »

Christopher Shilts wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 6:03 pm Boy, that was a lot of email notifications.

I'm going to throw this up: https://nationalfile.com/university-of- ... accinated/

So, apparently if you don't get vaccinated, hospitals can now deny you life saving surgery. The message is pretty clear- if you don't take the shot, you're a subhuman who needs to die. How did our country come to this?
While it might seem like you are being persecuted, you are really not. Transplants often have had stringent requirements excluding certain people due to substance abuse or certain psychiatric disorders. In addition to lifestyle changes being required. Here's the requirements for liver transplants for example: https://www.upmc.com/services/transplan ... candidates

They don't want someone getting a transplant and then dying soon after of Covid-19 due to their weakened state. A restriction like that is nothing new, just not as "political" as Covid-19.
Christopher Shilts

That would make sense, except for two things which where not mentioned in the article I posted, but is available here: https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_break ... 36808.html? You have to have an account to read it though, which is why I posted up the other source (which while skiming over I didn't notice was lacking the following information). According to the Epoch Times article, Leilani Lutali tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies, suggesting she has already had it. Second, her friend Jaimee Fougner was the donor- specifically donating a kidney for Leilani, thus not depleting the supply.
Deactivated 1950056

Christopher Shilts wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:59 pm That would make sense, except for two things which where not mentioned in the article I posted, but is available here: https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_break ... 36808.html? You have to have an account to read it though, which is why I posted up the other source (which while skiming over I didn't notice was lacking the following information). According to the Epoch Times article, Leilani Lutali tested positive for Covid-19 antibodies, suggesting she has already had it. Second, her friend Jaimee Fougner was the donor- specifically donating a kidney for Leilani, thus not depleting the supply.
The Epoch Times is associated with a Chinese Cult and promotes QAnon conspiracy theories. It's not a reliable source.
The policy is meant to encourage people to get vaccinated. Doctors don't want to have you die on their watch, regardless of who the donor is. They do not want to be possibly sued or possibly held liable. Thanks to Delta, having antibodies from a previous infection offers some (but usually inferior immunity) to getting vaccinated, so it's not a magic bullet.

All in all, doctors don't want to take chances, and good on them for doing that. They should take the jab; the surgery they want to undergo is significantly more risky then the vaccine.
Christopher Shilts

Will you take CBS then? https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/10/06/ ... d-vaccine/

So a policy which will actually kill patients is designed to get them vaccinated against a virus with a very low probability of death? Let's say for argument this info is up to date: https://covidusa.net/ That means of the confirmed cases, 1.6% result in death. We don't know how many unconfirmed cases there are, but I think it's reasonable to say the maximum fatality rate is 1.6%, but it's likely much lower.

Even if we knew with 100% certainty that the patient would be killed during recovery if exposed to Covid-19, this could be prevented by placing the patient and donor in isolation some number of days before the surgery, and testing them the day it is to be performed. Why isn't this policy for any infectious disease that might kill a recovering patient?

Many people still don't trust MRNA vaccines. I haven't been able to find any cases of this technology being used beyond clinical trials in the United States before the covid vaccine. If an innactivated virus vaccine is approved, I suspect a good portion of the folks who haven't taken the MRNA one will take the latter. Speaking for myself, I don't trust the MRNA technology either, seeing as it doesn't have the decades of history inactivated virus tech does. I read many reports about blood clots and death from patients after taking MRNA covid-19 vaccines. As I posted here a few months ago, the VAERS database was showing over 40 times as many cases of deaths reported after taking the Covid-19 vaccines than after taking flu vaccines during the same time span. At that time I believe more people had recieved flu vaccines than covid vaccines. What follows are new figures.

From Jan 1st 2021-October 7th 2021 VAERS reports 5,098 deaths assosicated with the Covid-19 vaccine. I also selected every single vaccine in their system, except for Covid-19, and got 134 deaths. Am I using their search wrong? Once again I invite people to try their own searches, and tell me what's going on: https://vaers.hhs.gov/data.html Last time it was suggested that there's bias against the vaccine. That's a lot of bias. If I search for all symptoms reported for the Covid vaccine, death comes up 80% of the time. The same search for every vaccine except covid has death at 81%. So there seems to be a heavy bias for reporting the loss of a loved one vs any other complaints. How accurate then is this system? And are deaths being over, or under reported?
Gumboots

Post by Gumboots »

Christopher Shilts wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:03 pm Even if we knew with 100% certainty that the patient would be killed during recovery if exposed to Covid-19, this could be prevented by placing the patient and donor in isolation some number of days before the surgery, and testing them the day it is to be performed.
You are entirely missing the point here. A supporessed immune suystem is not something transplant patients have for a few days before the operation. It is a permanent issue, due to the incompatability between the immune systems of two different people. The transplant is always regarded as foreign by your immune system, so will be attacked unless your immune system is suppressed. This applies even if the donor is otherwise compatible.
Deactivated 1950056

Christopher Shilts wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:03 pmHow accurate then is this system? And are deaths being over, or under reported?
Not very. The talking points you're making are not new: https://www.reuters.com/article/factche ... SL2N2OE1ZA

That data can be submitted by anyone, and I think you heard this from someone else.
Christopher Shilts wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:03 pmI read many reports about blood clots and death from patients after taking MRNA covid-19 vaccines.
Those are extremely rare complications: https://www.news-medical.net/health/Blo ... cines.aspx

You're more likely to get blood clots due to Covid-19: https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2021-08-27-co ... clot-risks
Christopher Shilts

Hi guys, sorry about taking so long to get back to you, I got a little sidetracked.

@Gumboots:

If this is the case I have two questions for you.
1. do vaccines help people with surpressed immune systems?
2. If the patient tested positive for antibodies for all variants currently covered by vaccines, should an exception be made?

@Random American:

I looked over your links. Let's assume the VAERS data isn't very reliable. Still, it seems odd that random data entered by the public would create a chart like the one I'm attaching. This chart and other data is discussed in this video. What do you make of this?
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-10-13 21-20-40.png
Deactivated 1950056

Christopher Shilts wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:42 am Hi guys, sorry about taking so long to get back to you, I got a little sidetracked.

@Gumboots:

If this is the case I have two questions for you.
1. do vaccines help people with surpressed immune systems?
2. If the patient tested positive for antibodies for all variants currently covered by vaccines, should an exception be made?

@Random American:

I looked over your links. Let's assume the VAERS data isn't very reliable. Still, it seems odd that random data entered by the public would create a chart like the one I'm attaching. This chart and other data is discussed in this video. What do you make of this?
A small number of people have genuine reactions that are severe and there are also people no doubt pad those statistics with false information to inflate the numbers. The shape of the graph is irrelevant. It doesn't make the data true or accurate. Again, severe reactions are extremely rare, and you have a much higher chance of dying with the virus.

Bitchute is not a reliable source. Anyone can post anything they want on the internet, especially on sites like that.

Return to “General Discussion”