Re: Have you been vaccinated yet? 💉

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

3Di wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:10 am Can you better define the symptoms you experienced?
Were they certainly due to the vaccination?
How did you try to remedy them?
How long have you been affected by these symptoms?
I head a headache, nausea and a slight fever. Symptoms only lasted about 2 days. Resting (aka, off work) was about the only thing I could do.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
Onnozel Manneke
Name: Loki Heimdall

Post by Onnozel Manneke »

Well, that's never gonna happen. Never Never Never Never :geek:
splicker

Post by splicker »

I had my first dose about a month ago, it was the Astra one. My arm hurt a little for a day or two but the main issue for me was vertigo, I was dizzy for about two weeks after and I kept bumping in to things it felt like a stag party hangover... if you've ever had one, you'll know what I mean.

But I'd say just go for it. Better to be protected than not and you're more likely to be recruited in to The Avengers than get any major complications.
EA117

Post by EA117 »

KevC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:50 pm The take home sentence from that is
Well, and they're simply talking about shingles. But if the headline had been "older people are the at risk group to get shingles, whether they take the COVID vaccination or not", no one would have clicked. Instead, everyone clicked, suddenly hopeful that maybe the COVID vaccine would be the thing that finally gives them plausible deniability for why they have herpes. 😜

The actual take home sentence from that article is "get vaccinated for shingles" if you are in the susceptible age group, whether you're getting vaccinated for COVID or not.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

I had my first AstraZeneca jab on February 18th and have an appointment for the second one next week. I had a sore entry wound, the same as I get every year with the flu jab, a slight headache and just felt generally rough like a hangover for three days. After that, no issues. I do feel more confident about it all now but it’s no excuse to flout the rules.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Deactivated 1950056

Post by Deactivated 1950056 »

Just got my first phizer jab today.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

3Di wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:29 am Today I asked to be vaccinated, I sent an email to my family doctor. She replied immediately telling me that if I want I can be vaccinated immediately, every Monday or Thursday. She suggested a vaccine that I do not approve of (AstraZeneca) because of the known high risks for my age group. So I asked if it's ever possible to get a different one, he should get back to me tomorrow.
As I said I am against the vaccine (AstraZeneca), my doctor replied that at the moment for my age group and for the vaccine I have chosen (Pfizer/Biontech) there are no priorities. However, they have put me on the list of those who have made this choice. This should happen in the next few weeks. For the time being I am keeping my healthy habits, as I have been since the pandemic broke out.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

My seriously ill husband had to wait months for vaccination. He received first Pfizer vaccination and no side effects.
For me, as a medication allergy sufferer, vaccination is out of the question. At 62, I am too young anyway and would have to wait a long time. Vaccination appointments are booked up for months - there is far too little capacity.
According to studies, it is mainly women who overreact to the vaccinations. They get fever and severe headaches. Women often react differently (more sensitive / stronger) to medication than men.
In my case, if I were to get a strong infection, I would most likely die. But if I were to be vaccinated, there is a very high probability that I would die immediately. No doctor is injecting me with a vaccine at the moment.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

3Di wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:29 am If you have already been vaccinated well otherwise let me know something when you are. :)
3Di wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:41 am ... I am only interested in post-vaccine experiences, side effects and whatnot. :)
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Tastenplayer wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:06 pm In my case, if I were to get a strong infection, I would most likely die. But if I were to be vaccinated, there is a very high probability that I would die immediately. No doctor is injecting me with a vaccine at the moment.
You should consult your doctor. That is highly highly unlikely.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
HaioPaio

Post by HaioPaio »

3Di wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:25 pm
3Di wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:29 am If you have already been vaccinated well otherwise let me know something when you are. :)
3Di wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:41 am ... I am only interested in post-vaccine experiences, side effects and whatnot. :)
I'm confused.
Topic title: Have you been vaccinated yet? 💉
My answer: No
My suggestion: change topic title.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

KevC wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:10 pm You should consult your doctor. That is highly highly unlikely.
I had discussed it with my doctor. My husband had vaccination by a professor. It's definitely not an option for me for the time being. But as already mentioned, there are no vaccination dates for my age anyway. It's still the older ones who are vaccinated. The vaccination appointments are booked up for months here.
However, I don't have to live more isolated since Corona than I did before. Actually, I'm almost less restricted now, thanks to the mask :) . But if you have throat problems and a runny nose because of the allergy, you have to take the Corona test and spend days in isolation. That is annoying.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

HaioPaio wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:29 pm ...
I'm confused.
Topic title: Have you been vaccinated yet? 💉
My answer: No
My suggestion: change topic title.
I am surprised by this statement of yours.
The title of the topic is relative to the context expressed in the content of the first post, one usually reads the content and then continues, if that suits him.

Suggestion: read the discussion from the beginning.
HaioPaio

Post by HaioPaio »

I leave this response uncommented.

In the meantime, I have got my first shot of Astra Zeneca.
For 2 days I felt weak and tired. The arm did hurt a bit and I had some headache. Very similar to having a cold. Nothing serious. My wife had similar symptoms.
In the meantime, we feel well again and no problems remained.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

HaioPaio wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:09 pm ...
In the meantime, I have got my first shot of Astra Zeneca.
For 2 days I felt weak and tired. The arm did hurt a bit and I had some headache. Very similar to having a cold. Nothing serious. My wife had similar symptoms.
In the meantime, we feel well again and no problems remained.
Thank you for your report. Much appreciated.

Return to “General Discussion”