Re: Have you been vaccinated yet? 💉

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

I have not and probably wont' be. It's not because of concerns for the small risks, it's because I'm procrastinator extraordinaire.

==========EDIT===============

Note this topic was not started by me.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

Vaccinating, I think, is a duty to oneself, one's family and one's neighbour if we want the pandemic to end. Procrastinating on certain issues is not a wise decision, but this is my personal opinion. I am only interested in post-vaccine experiences, side effects and whatnot. :)
Kailey
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Kailey Snay

Post by Kailey »

3Di wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:29 am Are you already vaccinated? How was your experience? Do you feel safer now?
Yes, I'm already vaccinated - I'm a first responder, so I got to be the guinea pig. :lol: We were given the Pfizer vaccine, and although I got sicker than a dog on the 1st dose, not so much problems with the second dose. Maybe having COVID before helped?

Safer? Meh, depends. Most of our patients given their condition (car crash, cardiac arrest, etc) are just glad to see us, I doubt they care that we've been vaccinated, but if it helps them sleep better at night, more power to them.
Kailey Snay - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Community rules

If you have any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to send me a PM.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

KaileyT wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:43 am We were given the Pfizer vaccine, and although I got sicker than a dog on the 1st dose ...
Can you better define the symptoms you experienced?
Were they certainly due to the vaccination?
How did you try to remedy them?
How long have you been affected by these symptoms?
bonelifer
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: William

Post by bonelifer »

I got the Moderna vaccine. My second shot is on the 27th. For the first shot, the spot where I got the shot was really sore for around 24 hours. I have chronic respiratory failure/anemia, so on oxygen 24/7, a ventilator when I sleep(CPAP type mask, covers nose/mouth). Hoping the second dose doesn't affect my respiratory system. Really don't want to stay at the hospital again this year.
William Jacoby - Community Team
Knowledge Base | phpBB Board Rules | Search Customisation Database
Please don't contact me via PM or email for phpBB support .
EA117

Post by EA117 »

I'm on my local health agency's list to get my first dose this week. I've not seen it stated anywhere as a result of scientific observation, but just from others who had strong reaction symptoms with the Pfizer shot, and they thought the strong reaction was happening to people because they had recovered from COVID prior to getting the vaccination. So that's just a possibility for why it happens; and KaileyT's experience happens not to contradict it.

I'm expecting I could be one of those people, too. Because although I've had great opportunity and success at keeping distance, and no occasion to need to get tested, just because of the way my immune system has worked in the past with other things, I suspect I'm probably one of "the asymptomatic carriers" for COVID, where I caught it and do not even notice.

So maybe getting the vaccine is going to finally make me pay a price for that 😜 by giving me a strong reaction because of the COVID antibodies I had already developed.
pierredu

Post by pierredu »

I got my first shot of Pfizer-Biontech about four weeks ago. Sore shoulder two days, nothing more.
The second shot is today.
david63

Post by david63 »

I have had both doses of the Pfizer vaccine and other than a bit of soreness where the needle went in (no more than any other vaccine) then nothing else. My wife had some swelling and redness after the second dose.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

I've had the first dose of the AZ. Sore arm for a few days and a bit of a headache that evening but nothing else really. Only 30% of patients have side effects of any note.

I do feel like a weight has lifted off. It's the only way out of this.

The risk of clots is actually pretty low. No more than if you got on a long haul flight.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Crizzo
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Translations & International Support Teams Manager
Name: Christian

Post by Crizzo »

I have no possibility yet...Still waiting. So no.
My extensions for phpBB: CDB
German phpBB Support at www.phpbb.de
Deactivated 1950056

Post by Deactivated 1950056 »

Tomorrow, I get the first shot.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

KevC wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:20 am<snip>
The risk of clots is actually pretty low. No more than if you got on a long haul flight.
Exactly so, or from the risk of smoking, of being pregnant, or of the general 'background' risk. ie non at all.

We both has the first Pfizer about 6 weeks ago, with no side effects at all, waiting on the phonecall for the next one.

Personally we would have preferred the AZ

Do we feel safer? Lets say we feel less unsafe.
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

Havent made an appointment to get vaccinated, and I am considered high risk.....

BTW
https://nypost.com/2021/04/20/herpes-in ... 9-vaccine/
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

bubbathegimp wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:25 pm BTW
https://nypost.com/2021/04/20/herpes-in ... 9-vaccine/
The take home sentence from that is
“We cannot say the vaccine is the cause at this point,”

When you're treating so many people it's easy to make associated links without actual proof.

There's a great website where you can plot graphs of all sorts of things coinciding. It's amazing what you can get, such as the use of Internet Explorer dropping and murder rates increasing. Purely coincidental.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
david63

Post by david63 »

Whatever the side affects may be of any of the vaccines the one thing that I am sure of is that they are all better than the side affects of Covid

Return to “General Discussion”