Re: Have you been vaccinated yet? 💉

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

not vaxed yet....
(still kicking)
Random American

Post by Random American »

bubbathegimp wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:36 pm not vaxed yet....
(still kicking)
And let me guess, you have no plans to get one.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Then at the very least you should think about the flu jab this year because if you get both viruses at the same time you'll be a gonner.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

Post by bubbathegimp »

It's a tough call.
one of the Vaxes can cause an enlarged heart, I already have heart problems,
the other causes blood clots, I've already had a mini stroke....
stage 4 kidney disease....
breathing problems....

Damned if i dont, potentially damned if i do....
and now the vaccines are reportedly only good for a few months, and there is talk of a 3rd shot 6 months after the "booster"..
when does it ever end??

welcome to the new normal....
Random American

bubbathegimp wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:23 am It's a tough call.
breathing problems....

and now the vaccines are reportedly only good for a few months, and there is talk of a 3rd shot 6 months after the "booster"..
when does it ever end??

Disregard my prior post then. I am not used to encountering people who have genuine medical reasons to avoid the vaccine.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

But those 'side effects' are in an infinitesimally small number of people with very specific pre-existing medical conditions. You are much more likely to catch covid and have more serious results than you are to get those side effects. Those are things you should discuss with your doctor so you can make a highly informed decision rather than just reading stuff on the internet and deciding not to do it.
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
Holger

Post by Holger »

+1
All the best @bubbathegimp!
Random American

KevC wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:22 pm But those 'side effects' are in an infinitesimally small number of people with very specific pre-existing medical conditions. You are much more likely to catch covid and have more serious results than you are to get those side effects. Those are things you should discuss with your doctor so you can make a highly informed decision rather than just reading stuff on the internet and deciding not to do it.
That's true. I don't disagree with this.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

breathing problems....

when does it ever end??

This is a case in which your doctor (who knows your medical history) is the only one who can offer advice specific to your situation.
Random American

Funny enough, while I had little reaction to the Covid-19 vaccine, the seasonal flu vaccine that I recently got made me miserable for two days straight.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

Flu Jabs booked for next month, and we should hear about out Booster jabs around the same time.
Tastenplayer
Name: Jutta Koliofotis

Post by Tastenplayer »

breathing problems....

when does it ever end??

Yes, there are unfortunately many people who cannot get vaccinated. You are just more restricted than you were before Corona.

Things will get precarious here when the mask requirement is dropped, disinfectants are no longer available everywhere and the distance rule no longer applies (which hardly anyone in my village adheres to anyway).

What I find bad is that vaccinated people no longer have to get tested. Despite vaccination, they can still fall ill and spread Corona. They feel far too safe and no longer adhere to any measures. A vaccination, no matter which one, does not protect 100%. But that doesn't seem to matter to the vaccinated. Some of them behave very recklessly.
If I want to go to the café as an unvaccinated person, I would have to get tested beforehand so that I could then get a short-term certificate. Although I avoid people and don't even go shopping myself anymore.
Those who are not allowed to be vaccinated seem to be forgotten once again. You always have to take the medical certificate with you on an A4 sheet. There is no official identification in this regard.

@Random American and warmweer
As a high-risk patient, you discuss a vaccination with several doctors and each one says something different. Doctors are not omniscient either. No one tells you clearly whether you can be vaccinated or not. However, they do not disagree when you say that it is too risky in my case. Only one clearly advised me against it.
WWu777

Post by WWu777 »

So how many of you got the vaccine so far? Any side effects or weird feelings afterward? What about your friends and family?

Keep in mind that if you suffer any ill effects or die from the vaccine, it will definitely be denied and attributed to something else, like your poor health or age or whatever. Because the vaccine is a religion and cannot be questioned. That's what's creepy about it. Once something becomes a religion, you will be condemned or vilified if you challenge it or question it. We all can feel that to the bone. Only authority worshippers and drones don't notice anything wrong with that. But independent freethinkers all definitely feel it.

In other words, there's no objective examination here or scientific method. Once it's declared totally safe, all data must fit into that belief, and any injuries or death will be denied, and any contrary data will be filtered out. There will be pressure to go along with the mandate of course. So objectivity and truth are compromised. That's what I don't like. It smacks of an agenda and feels nefarious and ripe for abuse.

People have sent me on social media all kinds of reports of vaccine injuries and deaths being covered up. I have no idea if these reports are true or not and cannot verify them. As any aware person knows, there is fake news in both mainstream and alternative media, so it's hard to know what to believe since almost nothing can be verified independently. We all choose which sources to put our faith and trust in based on which sources we resonate with the most, just like we do with religion.

But fortunately, everyone I know who's gotten the vaccine said they felt fine. But I don't know what the long term consequences are, if any. The only good news here is that generally if something is harmful, you usually know right away within a day or two. Harmful things don't take a long time to manifest, with the exception of HIV and AIDS maybe. But with this mRNA technology, who knows. I heard that one fo the co-discoverers of mRNA vaccine spoke out against it, but that video may have been removed since Google and YouTube heavily censor all dissenting opinions nowadays, almost like the Chinese government does.

What do you all think? Please no ridicule or ad hominem attacks please. Thanks.
Holger

Post by Holger »

No side effects at all for the four of us.

There are a lot of vids on "social media" talking about deaths coming from the vaccine. Most of the people believing those are too lazy to check the sources. It is so easy to Google ...
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

The comments about deaths from the vaccine being covered up are wholly incorrect. That data is all available as part of the ongoing research. The number of deaths from vaccine complications has been miniscule (for the UK 1600 from 107 million doses). The number of deaths from Covid19 is currently 5 million worldwide. 90% of all people currently in hospital with covid in the UK are unvaccinated.

The vaccines are largely based on existing ones used for other purposes for many many years so the scare stories about long term effects are largely fake. Again, all of this information is published for peer review, not just some stuff someone posted on facebook that they heard from their gardeners brother's father in law.

For me, a total of 7 family members have had both jabs and at most the only side effects have been a slightly sore arm and a little tiredness for a day or two.

Return to “General Discussion”