Covid: the end of the known world? 🔚

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
david63

Re: Covid: the end of the known world? 🔚

Post by david63 »

3Di wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:36 pm As far as I know if there is a word that starts with S then virus' Side is correct,
Not true - but this is not the place to discuss it.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

3Di wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:16 pm Does science tell us why? Does science tell us when it will surely end and everything will return to normal? Is it worth being? I want to be free, whatever the cost, even death.
Personally I think it's been overblown, most of the deaths are people with one foot in the grave. I realize the measures have saved people but you can't live in a bubble either. The other concern is down the road a virus that is extremely contagious/deadly emerges and people ignore the warnings because of their experience with Covid.

Some would suggest we better prepare but how do you do that? After the SARS outbreak the city of New York purchased tens of thousands of ventilators. They maintained these machines for more than decade in anticipation of something like Covid and sold them off because it was too expensive.

The human race is living on borrowed time, at some point something will wipe out most of the world's population if not all of it. Meteor, virus or possibly even self inflicted.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

You have to love nihilism.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

There has been much misinformation and politics ingrained into this issue, enough that when one learns of the misinformation one doesn't necessarily register the implications of that.
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

Mick wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:59 am You have to love nihilism.
"No, Donny, these guys are nihilists. Don't be afraid, it doesn't suck."
Walter Sobchak The Big Lebowski
SpIdErPiGgY
Name: Andy Dm

Post by SpIdErPiGgY »

Just received my vaccination invitation. But I declined. :ugeek:
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Honestly and seriously, that's a bad idea but it's your choice. I sincerely hope you never catch covid and end up in hospital or worse.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
SpIdErPiGgY
Name: Andy Dm

Post by SpIdErPiGgY »

That's my decision, I don't care about any of that. If I get sick, then so be it.
KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Having seen it first hand, good luck.
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
"Step up to red alert. Sir, are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb"
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

SpIdErPiGgY wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:54 pm That's my decision, I don't care about any of that. If I get sick, then so be it.
Then you implicitly accept the restrictions/consequences resulting from your decision.
ssl
Name: Fred Rimbert

Post by ssl »

SpIdErPiGgY wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:54 pm That's my decision, I don't care about any of that. If I get sick, then so be it.
This is rock! Some who have had the disease have debilitating symptoms for a long time after recovery. Good luck.
BytesBoss
Name: Bytes Boss

Post by BytesBoss »

KevC wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:53 pm Honestly and seriously, that's a bad idea but it's your choice. I sincerely hope you never catch covid and end up in hospital or worse.
While I agree with you on hoping people do not catch it, I firmly believe people must understand that they will see it at some point in their life. Best society can make sure we stem the tide as much as possible.

This is just my opinion. It may be correct, it may be wrong. I am just voicing an opinion.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

Would a government be within its rights to deny treatment to people who have had an offer of vaccination but refuse it? When you refuse it it’s not just you you must think about, your family and friends are involved as well. Anyone who refuses the jab is selfish and I’d certainly vote for the refusal of treatment.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
david63

Post by david63 »

Mick wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 9:56 am Anyone who refuses the jab is selfish and I’d certainly vote for the refusal of treatment.
Definitely agree with selfish (unless they have a valid medical reason to not have it) but I would not refuse them treatment - just make them pay for it at twice the going rate.
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Mick I understand the importance of vaccines. While there may be potential issues for some people the overwhelming benefits cannot be denied. I believe the largest issue is most people alive today simply haven't experienced a world without them. My Grandmother who recently passed one month shy of 101 years had three siblings pass at a young age. I believe two of them were from common diseases that would of been prevented with vaccines.

That said I have a big problem with a government that would force you to inject something into your body. We all make unwise decisions that can affect our health whether it's what we consume, dangerous physical activities or whatever else can cause us harm because of personal choices. Whether you want to go rock climbing or refuse a vaccine that choice should be yours without penalty from society.
david63 wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:31 am - just make them pay for it at twice the going rate.
There is going to be things you do that are unhealthy compared to me, same thing applies the other way. How would you propose we decide who pays double for their decisions?
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “General Discussion”