BEWARE!! OAP drivers licence renewal scam UK

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Holger

Re: BEWARE!! OAP drivers licence renewal scam UK

Post by Holger »

Regarding the original topic, this is a very common thing as everything has to be done online.
When I change my address I go to our post office and fill in the paperwork there or do that with the person behind the counter. Same for driving licence. I go to our community office and do it there.
I cannot for my life understand why such things have to be moved to the cloud. Ok, saving manpower, but it is just plain stupid. People need the interaction, and safety.
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: BEWARE!! OAP drivers licence renewal scam UK

Post by Mick »

If you’d seen the queues at our post offices you’d understand why people prefer ‘online’. If the DVLA reverted to all paper and the postal service it would implode.

As an aside, using the ‘online service’ does pretty much guarantee the details you input are correct and at the end of it whether the task is a success or not you would know. If you used the paper form for drivers licences and passports it could be weeks or even months before a successful application.
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel

Return to “General Discussion”