About Euro 2020 ⚽ final

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

About Euro 2020 ⚽ final

Post by 3Di »

I am Italian and I want to talk about the 2020 European Football Championship final, we all know how it went. I am not here to boast glory but to condemn some attitudes and stances of the fans, if they are real fans, of England. Addressed to all those who feel like true fans regardless of their faction.

What annoyed me most was seeing all the players kneel in unison before the game for Black Live Matters and then to learn that at the end of the game the only black English players who missed penalties were heavily humiliated by their fans or supposed fans. This is disconcerting indeed.

Not to mention other more or less striking facts, maybe some more.

For example, the fact that Prince William, his wife and little George did not attend for the award ceremony.
Not a very lordly gesture I might say. :| I dare say that elegance in general has gone to hell this time, given the behaviour of the royals on duty, who did not even greet the President of the Italian Republic. :?

The fact that England's players took off their medals before they even got off the catwalk. For all the physical attacks on defenceless fans who were waiting, or joyfully awaiting the game, the Italian ones. Yet this treatment has never been meted out to them anywhere in Italy, where the police are always massive and preventive. It would have taken little to say that a party like that would have been a real party, at least in the name of sport.

I have many English friends, I've been to England many times, I know that I don't have to assimilate a few rotten apples to all of you dear friends, but this time it seems to me that the limit has been crossed.

There is much to be done, but not in terms of words: Scripta manent verba volant.

Long live sport, to the best.

I would be curious to know the opinions, if expressed in a civilised manner, of the many fans of the game of football, no matter the faction. Of real sportsmen and women, in general.
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Re: About Euro 2020 ⚽ final

Post by warmweer »

All I can say is that the behaviour of the English fans (certainly the first half) was deplorable (not that it was something exceptional - I hardly ever watch football precisely because the so-called fans act like morons (they certainly fit the description) and I wouldn't want to be standing in the middle of that pack).
As to the players (all nationalities), they all seem to be experts at commedia dell'arte, even beating the Italians at their own game in this respect.
I'm starting to like curling more and more.
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

Hardly a surprise, England fans are stuck in the past, they sing 'Its comin home' like they have already won, a song that has been around since 96 and they haven't won a thing since singing it yet every year it's played over and over, just like the football we play it lacks creativity and gets boring after we score a goal.

They get a fine for booing anthems and the fans do the exact same thing for the Italy anthem, England don't deserve to win anything as the fans are a disgrace, some were drunk and smashing bottles through windows at 2 PM on sunday.

It's unfair that England were allowed 50k more fans than Italy too, regardless of Covid it should have been an even amount even if that meant just 20k fans.

Speaking as an England fan here, I just don't like the arrogance of our fans and even our politicians.

The way Rashford and other black players can be called amazing one minute and then hung out to dry the next shows what a two face bunch of idiots so many of our fans are.

Many congratulations to the Italians and the handsome Mr Mancini :-)
warmweer
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by warmweer »

GTI wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:49 pm ...
Many congratulations to the Italians and the handsome Mr Mancini :-)
Ah, you also like Henry's music (Pink Panther, Moon River just to name the best-known) ;-)
PlanetStyles.net
Former Team Member
Name: Christian

Post by PlanetStyles.net »

3Di wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:17 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAlTOfl9F2w
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

GTI wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 7:49 pm ...
I really appreciated your comment, grazie Laura.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

I have never liked Football, and I would like to disassociate myself from the way the England 'fans' behave.

All generalisations are dangerous, but to my view they are mostly jingoistic idiots who think that England has the RIGHT to win, and will do anything within their power to achieve that. Witness the Laser incident, which in a fair world would have ended with England forfeiting the game.

Sport? The Beautiful Game? It makes me laugh.
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

HiFiKabin wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:05 am The Laser incident, which in a fair world would have ended with England forfeiting the game.
It would be harsh to punish the decent fans because of the foolish ones but I think a harsh punishment like that would make people think twice in future.

Apparently we hope to host a World Cup, I can't see that happening anytime soon unless that guy that used to accept donations still works on the panel.
david63

Post by david63 »

GTI wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:59 am would make people think twice in future.
Doubt it - that type of idiot lost the ability to think years ago.
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

GTI wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:59 am
HiFiKabin wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:05 am The Laser incident, which in a fair world would have ended with England forfeiting the game.
It would be harsh to punish the decent fans because of the foolish ones <snip>
Perhaps, but was it fair to the Danish fans and players NOT to?
Mick
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Mick »

GTI wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:59 amApparently we hope to host a World Cup, I can't see that happening anytime soon
Why not, it didn’t stop Russia hosting the last World Cup did it?
  • "The more connected we get the more alone we become" - Kyle Broflovski©
  • "The good news is hell is just the product of a morbid human imagination.
    The bad news is, whatever humans can imagine, they can usually create.
    " - Harmony Cobel
timeforhelp1

Post by timeforhelp1 »

Prince William, his wife and little George did not attend for the award ceremony.
Palace debunks claims that Prince William 'snubbed' Italy team after England match
timeforhelp1

Post by timeforhelp1 »

The fact that England's players took off their medals before they even got off the catwalk.
Watch EVERY presentation of a cup/trophy and the losers ALWAYS take their medals off, this seems to have been talked about everywhere, why?
Everybody else does/done it!
timeforhelp1

Post by timeforhelp1 »

And the Italian Ultras have taken up tiddlewinks now yes? :roll:

Inside the deadly world of Italian football ultras
timeforhelp1

Post by timeforhelp1 »

3Di, you are incredible on this site and very clever, but you have let yourself down with your post.

Return to “General Discussion”