Looking for simple/easy HTML WYSIWYG editor

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
CPTOM

Looking for simple/easy HTML WYSIWYG editor

Post by CPTOM »

I sometimes need to make simple pages I can link to and from my forum, and am struggling to find an editor that doesn't have an huge learning curve. It does not need to have all the bells and whistle. I'd just like something I can use to create a couple of static xyz.html pages (with css files or whatever it needs) that I can upload to my server and be done with it. Suggestions?
lurttinen
Translator

Re: Looking for simple/easy HTML WYSIWYG editor

Post by lurttinen »

I did some quickies with LibreOffice Writer and save it as HTML. :D

Just about any word processor should be able to do that.
Signature is here
CPTOM

Post by CPTOM »

When I use MS Word and save as HTML, I lose a lot of formatting and fonts when I add it to my forums root directory. Maybe that's a css thing over my head?
Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

any kind of word processor like ms. word will do the same thing.
you wind up having to rewrite the html for a lot of it which is certainly a waste of time.
there are a lot of wysiwyg html editors out there. do a duckduckgo search.
also, your hosting account most likely has something available to you to use for free.

robert
thecoalman
Community Team Member
Community Team Member

Post by thecoalman »

Pickings will be slim for this, most sites are using Drupal, Wordpress or some other CMS negating the need for hardcoding HTML pages. Why bother coding HTML when you could be creating content?

Don't know what the current state is but the first editor I used was Coffeecup and that had tWYSIWYG mode and text editing.

https://www.coffeecup.com/html-editor/

edit: Appears the WYSIWG option is separate paid package.
When I use MS Word and save as HTML, I lose a lot of formatting and fonts when I add it to my forums root directory. Maybe that's a css thing over my head?
It's either creating invalid code, saving external CSS file you are not uploading or the path to the external file is wrong.
“Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results! I have found several thousand things that won’t work.”

Attributed - Thomas Edison

Return to “General Discussion”