Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Talk19Zehn

Re: Registered: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:55 am (+-20 years later)

Post by Talk19Zehn »

What is it about? I must have completely misunderstood the topic: Registered: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:55 am (+-20 years later) :shock:

Memberslist wrote: theFinn -> 03 Jul 2001, 21:58 8-)

BTW: The music in the starting post showing the numerous books could show phpBB in its development ... :D
axe70
Name: Alessio

Post by axe70 »

Talk19Zehn wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 5:34 pm What is it about? I must have completely misunderstood the topic: Registered: Sun Nov 17, 2002 11:55 am (+-20 years later) :shock:

Memberslist wrote: theFinn -> 03 Jul 2001, 21:58 8-)

BTW: The music in the starting post showing the numerous books could show phpBB in its development ... :D
That i will paypal (at moment 5 but may i will increase, and i consider a beer at cost of 5 euro, that's a good beer) beers to the one nearest or older than me (intended as registered here at phpBB.com).
In true, look that the day i wrote this, starting the topic, i was sure :lol: that it was exactly the day 20 years after... that instead will be in november.. fortunately i'm not superstitious ... we'll see :D
Bah... no time to lose, he's the winner!
i can agree :)

[EDITED]
axe70

Post by axe70 »

Time is up.
@david63 is the winner since in one week he has been the older in reply.

Going to pm to David, in the hope he will not ban me for a drink i like to offer :D

To be clear, this do not aim to make me sympathetic or more considerable by anyone, included any actual or future winner. The contrary.
This is pure fun and a just little believe. Make something for someone, even stupid, with a stupid reason.
Make someone happy, and you'll be happy and lucky!
Yeah, this is pure selfishness!
And after such long time, just a way to be thankful to something, for something.

We'll see on next coming karma challenge!

Let PM to the winner! :P
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

I'm not sure I understood the meaning of this whole topic, but whatever! :lol:
axe70

Post by axe70 »

That's good! :lol:
As said. No meaning.
That's all!
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

Congratulations David and well done Alessio, you have shown there are still kind people in the world in 2022.

What type do you consider a good beer over in Italy?
axe70

Post by axe70 »

Hello! I have many friends that are connoisseurs and drinking all kind of beers that are now produced locally in any region of Italy. And any other, of any Country! How many beers exists now in the world? 100000? may also more!!

My experience:
The one i prefer that is Italian, is this:
https://www.forst.it/en/ (soooooo nice!)
So, when long time ago i was in Bolivia (Santa Cruz de la Sierra), i discovered and enjoy with lot of pleasure, and i am dreaming on it right now, it is this:
https://www.cerveza-pacena.com/ :D u cannot believe what it is iced, when into the humidity and the warm, into a summer in south America. WoW. What nights my friends. I was 26.

Then i like (it is a sin!?) the Bud beer. Discovered in Miami when i was 23.

Generally i like a light beer.
Estrella, Corona, i discovered when i was 16 in Palma de Maiorca, Spain. Then after, all summer times i was in Spain/Portugal (a lot of times :) )
What about all these from Germany! I know many
i know all others from Belgium, Holland, Germany ... Urquell etc etc! But the above, and my list is:
Pacena (but i cannot find out), i will return in Bolivia only for this one day guys! ( and for elizabeth :D )
Forst, Urquell, Corona and Estrella.
lately Icnusa (from Sardegna Italy) but i like only the lager simple type (and it is of the Heineken group now, by the way :) )
https://www.birraichnusa.it/le-birre/

I like the beer not so heavy. I like a good taste and not too much alcohol.
I also like the Montepulciano d'Abruzzo as wine (that is from very chip to very expensive, but so good at any level even low at 4.5 euro bottle), and i like to drink it with lot of water at dinner and lunch. A bottle of 750ml, stay for 4/5 days into my table, i am not an alcohol addicted fortunately! I hate to be drunk, because it do not have by the way the ability to get me out of mind, I am always so lucid so it become a disturb to me. I stop as i start to feel that is enough.

While last night in a party, where i seen some friends after many years (someone even 30 years or so) ... you could ask to them that are so experienced ... i have been impressed by the quantity of wine, beer and so Grappa they drink. I assume i would finish to the hospital acting like them now :lol:
Home Forst.png
Last edited by axe70 on Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
GTI

Post by GTI »

Wow you certainly know your beers :)

If having local beer my go to is Sussex Gold but I tend to mostly go for Kronenbourg, especially for the late summer nights,

My favourite drink is Drambuie but I don't have it very often....
...because it makes my selfies end up looking like that :lol:
axe70

Post by axe70 »

:D so nice, i have take a big NOTE of your preferences. Just a screenshot (photo) using the smartphone, someway somehow i will find and try. Yeah i also like Kronenbourg. One of the best surely.

anyway someone should not drink.
Consider that the dinner/party we had, was for a girl old friend of all people that were at the party.

She unfortunately losses her boyfriend after 35 years, and his father, in the same week, just 7 days before...
Once the band started to drink (and all the subsequent like as on 18age) at one point in the night, some of us were talking near the fireplace, and one of my old friends started to say:
- hey Simona, i understand you, because three of my dogs died all together ... anyway i am sure that you don't want to remain a spinster
At the second, i changed humor, and constrained to say something bad to this idiot.

Unfortunately, drinking with stupid people, is not always a good idea! :D

[EDITED]
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

axe70 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:46 am It will be my birthday in short time!
20 YEARS at phpBB.com

You'll celebrate me :D

Anyone older than me here, babies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04v-SdKeEpE

[EDITED]
I joined later than you (2006), but I am definitely older.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

thecoalman wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:33 pm On my own forum my oldest active member in recent months has a user ID of 88 and with total post count of 44 posts has on average a little over 2 posts per year. :o My second oldest that is still active in recent months has a user ID of 97 and on average a little over 1 post per 2 years.

Is that crazy?
Don't hate on the lurkers :D

I was more into other forum systems around 02-04' (invisionfree, moved to nulled ipb), though worked with it a little, I remember coming here a couple times and my family member had a phpbb forum, but that didn't run RPG inferno and I had game servers to run.

Crazy that I signed up almost 6 years ago myself, time flies.
GTI

Post by GTI »

axe70 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:31 am
- hey Simona, i understand you, because three of my dogs died all together ... anyway i am sure that you don't want to remain a spinster
He sounds a bit of an insensitive soul, if a guy told me 3 of his pets died together I would run a mile as that's seriously unlucky or... a pet killer :shock:
axe70

Post by axe70 »

Hello!

Yes GTI, consider that the house owner, another friend of us, i, and another, decided that at next party, he will not be one of us.
And one is tomorrow.
I hate to say that sometime, you'll find out, after long time that: friends are not anymore friends. They were into your heart as something, but you'll discover that after, they are evolved into something else you cannot accept.
Someone life, seem just to be a competition on talking about others the bad is possible, that's useful to them to cover what their s*it life is.

I say this today, after another match with someone of them yesterday. I cannot believe.
I did many friendly favors to many people along the time, and i must say now, i acted often wrong.
And (sorry if i say this) i remember my grandmother words:
alessio, remember, your friends are those into your pocked
I hoped that this was not the true, but i experimented for my experience, that she was right.
I have find out along the way that friends are really few.
"whoever finds a friend finds a treasure"
I do not aspire to be considered a treasure, but today, and after (again) yesterday, i may decided that those people will not be part of my life because i do not recognize them anymore. I cannot say more about this here. But i am ready to pay the price of this and to follow. No more excuses. No more favors. No conveniences.

I can say, my big true friends died all, one by one and too young for several reasons along the time. I cannot rely on them.
While some of those that i considered friends are still alive, but died inside of me.
That's ok because:
true friends recognize each other in times of need
so ask yourself where they was when you were alone and in time of needs
I thought you were dead
yes, i am for you ;)

It will be nice. I have found my true, and i am sorry, i do not see you into it :)

Return to “General Discussion”