The Sun also Sets

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
bubbathegimp
Name: Bubba

The Sun also Sets

Post by bubbathegimp »

Got an E-mail today that Google Analytics will "sunset" in 2023.
Not sure what that will mean for some of the related extensions..
"Google Analytics", SEO Tools etc....

"Google Analytics 4 is replacing Universal Analytics

Google Analytics 4 is our next-generation measurement solution, and is replacing Universal Analytics. On July 1, 2023, Universal Analytics properties will stop processing new hits. If you still rely on Universal Analytics, we recommend that you complete your move to Google Analytics 4.

SET UP GOOGLE ANALYTICS 4

Now's the time to create a new Google Analytics 4 property and ensure that your setup is complete. If you haven't started collecting data in your Google Analytics 4 property, you should do so now. This will allow you to gather the historical insights you need to measure your results over time when Universal Analytics stops processing hits. If you are already collecting the data you need in Google Analytics 4, you should ensure your remaining setup is complete.

You can continue to use and collect new data in your Universal Analytics properties until July 1, 2023. After that, you will be able to access your previously processed data in Universal Analytics for a period of at least six months. We know your data is important to you and we strongly encourage you to export your historical reports during this time.

In the coming months, we will provide a future date for when we will fully sunset Universal Analytics. On this sunset date, you will no longer be able to see your Universal Analytics reports in the Analytics interface or access your Universal Analytics data via the API.

If you have questions on successfully making the switch to Google Analytics 4, check out our Help Center resources.

See you online,
The Google Analytics Team"
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: The Sun also Sets

Post by 3Di »

Alison V

Post by Alison V »

If you're interested in privacy for yourself and your users, check out Matomo. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matomo_(software)

I'm going to see if someone can code an extension for this now. I think it be a great addition.
eipwlamzq

Post by eipwlamzq »

I usually put the google analytics code in footer of the phpbb forum theme on my website. Do I still need to install plugin to use google analytics 4?

Return to “General Discussion”