Anime

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Princess Neo Serenity

Anime

Post by Princess Neo Serenity »

Well... out of all the anime out there... which one do you like? Meh... I like YuGiOh, and I kick butts at dueling lol but thats one of my faves ^.^
♥Forever always a Sweet Serenity♥

||My Journal||La La||Shadow||Peices of Me||

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` »

Remember, this is Discussion, with a capital "D"... justify why you like/love/dislike/hate. Was it the art work, story line, characterisation, et cetera?

Otherwise this topic will too go the way of "bye bye". ;)
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

I like pokemon myself.
Pikachu is too cute lol.

I prefer the oringinals by far. They had a large selection of pokemon each with their own strengh and weaknesses. Very interesting show. :P
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

smithy_dll
Former Team Member
Name: Lachlan Smith

Post by smithy_dll »

The idea behind pokemon is quite clever and the video game can be quite addictive.

I like the improvements that the Firered/leafgreen have over the original red/blue generation, but it's still got the same replayability to it all these years later.

I'm not an anime fanatic tho,
Yu-Gi-Oh is alright too,

dhn
Former Team Member
Name: Dominik Dröscher

Post by dhn »

What, no discussion of anime without mentioning the godfather of animation, Hayao Miyazaki.

Starting with his sublime 80s movies like Nausicaä of the Valley of the Winds or Laputa: Castle in the Sky, leading up to the incredible Princess Mononoke - which I do consider to be the best anime - and finally receiving the the universal acclaim that he deserves with Spirited Away, he is one of the greatest animators and directors alive today.

His movie Howl's Moving Castle is currently breaking box office records in Japan:
Proceeds for the film also surpassed Miyazaki's previous box-office hit, "Princess Mononoke," which grossed 19.3 billion yen at the box office, to make it the second-highest grossing film in Japanese movie history, just behind his previous film, "Spirited Away," which grossed 30.4 billion yen.

Nephrus
Former Team Member

Post by Nephrus »

I like the crack that is called Excel Saga. And that's only because it makes fun of every other anime that's out there. Excel herself is almost like Sailor Moon because she just yatters non-stop.
Of course, you can't forget the Puchuus. How can you not love the puchuus? :D

Have any of you guys heard of Magical Shopping Arcade: Abenobashi? It's done by Gainax, the same guys responsible for Evangelion. I've seen the first four episodes and bought the manga. I really enjoyed it, although it's not for those who want to stay "clean." :lol:
[ Zelda Planet - nephrus.net - phpBB Userguide - phpBB Knowledge Base - phpBB.com Forum Rules ]
ABSOLUTELY NO support via PM/IM/email or I'll get a cow to sit on you

Flaming_cows

Post by Flaming_cows »

Pokemon and Yu Gi Oh shouldn't be counted as anime, doing so just degrades real anime. I generally watch Full Metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, Inuyasha, Lupin [The] III, Case Closed, and I used to watch Gundam Wing when it was on. I'm sure I would like many of the non-dubbed/translated anime out there, but I don't bother with them out of pickyness. I prefer anime that has either realism like Cowboy Bebop, or fantasy like Full Metal Alchemist, although more mature comedy like Lupin [The] III is also fun to watch. I don't like the anime where it centers on girls wearing school uniforms. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike seeing them (I like it a lot ;)), but you can't form a genuinely good series around it most of the time. Also, I don't like goofy stuff like Super Milk Chan, which does have its moments, but overall just gets annoying after about half an episode. In my younger days I watched DB[Z/GT] all the time, but the plot lines got very redundant and the whole thing just stagnated after awhile. The only Gundam series I ever really got into was Gundam Wing because I liked the characters, I just can't really get into the rest of the Gundam shows.

CLee

Post by CLee »

Well were should I start.

I'm currently collecting Kaleido Star, Tsukuyomi ~ Moon Phase (gotta love the neko mimi wearing vampire girl), To Heart ~ Remember My Memories and Futakoi. Some of my other favorite anime include Vision of Escaflowne, Tenchi Moyu OVA, Ah! My Goddess OVA and movie, Slayers, the Miyazaki files, and perhaps my most favorite of all Haibane-Renmei. I've been also interested in a couple of other seires, Rozen Maiden and My-Hime.
Carlos Myers
A+, Network+
Member - Star Wars Roleplaying Club

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

I have too many to list, but some of my personal favorites are -- in no particular order -- Voices of a Distant Star, Kiki's Delivery Service, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Full Metal Alchemist, Furi Kuri (FLCL), and Last Exile.
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.

yarmenstudios

Post by yarmenstudios »

[ Edited by Draegonis: Post was a gross violation of Rule 1G and had nothing worthwhilre to say ]

Merri

Post by Merri »

I'll have to come and pick the silly cute line of Azumanga Daioh. I rate it as the best tv anime I've seen this far (and I've many). Of course I also respect Ghibli and Miyazaki, I have almost all Ghibli DVDs one can get here.

Finland got its first Anime magazine this month, I preordered it even though I'm not as high of an anime fan as many others are (I'm passive, at the moment I'm just waiting if something interesting comes before my eyes instead of looking up for anything - thus a magazine is a great thing for me).

sonyboy

Post by sonyboy »

What happened to Digimon? it's over? unlike Pokemon, anyway, have you heard of Doremon? I used to like it when I was little.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

onigumo wrote: I have too many to list, but some of my personal favorites are -- in no particular order -- Voices of a Distant Star, Kiki's Delivery Service, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Full Metal Alchemist, Furi Kuri (FLCL), and Last Exile.

man I must be out of the loop. I have never in my life heard of any of those...

Oh, and I have seen digimon once or twice. Didnt really like it too much.
Doremon? lol, microsoft needs to make a "Windowmon" next. :P
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Merri

Post by Merri »

Kiki's Delivery Service is a Ghibli movie that came out in 1989. A 13 year old witch who looks for her own town to live in.

Cowboy Bepop is the coolest anime tv series everyone knows (from 1996 if I remember correctly - I think this anime had the best ending I've seen, even though it wasn't a total hit series for me).

Full Metal Alchemist is indeed a fresh one, it is said to be the only current quality serie. Second season running (or did it end already?).

FLCL is a six episode long somewhat insane OVA (if I remember correctly). Features a boy who gets a hit from an electric guitar and then all weird things start popping out of his head...

That's what I could say and I'm not that active. I've just happened to see all of these (FMA until ep 26 or so).

Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

I'm not a fan of Anime.
My girlfriend however is, and I have only ever watched one episode of a cartoon called InYuashsa (sp?), in which a girl goes back through time and a jewel comes from within her.

The artwork was okay but I wouldn't say it was easy to follow.

Return to “General Discussion”