Anybody a Musician

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
INeedAGig1210

Anybody a Musician

Post by INeedAGig1210 »

Anybody else here a musician?

I played drums for 5 years, but I switched over to guitar and have been playing about a year now. I own two.

My Acoustic: Green/Blue Austin Acoustic-Electric

My Electric: Black (w/ chrome tuning keys, knobs, bridge, etc.) Platinum Pro Series BC Rich Warlcok.
Follow Your Dreams, Never Give Up...

Pezzoni

Re: Anybody a Musician

Post by Pezzoni »

Yup, I play drums :)

Dan

FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` »

This pic says it all for me, I believe. :)

Strats are terrible about fingerprints. I had just installed a DiMarzio Fast Track 2 humbucker in the bridge position, thus the pictar, thus the fingerprints all over from the work.

(btw, <3 DiMarzio. My Strat sounds so sweet now.)
Caution, joking on a webforum can sometimes lead to this: Video footage
Please, think before posting about religion/bush/war/law enforcement. Please, save a keyboard.

xdarkday

Post by xdarkday »

I have been playing guitar for almost 8 years.

I have a gibson studio, ibenez rt, and a shecter diamond series. As for my amp... its a crate half stack. the cabnet has 4 12".

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

I'm still learning/teaching myself guitar and piano. I use an acoustic Kay brand guitar- one my dad got from when he was in college or before.

I need to buy a Stratocaster. 8)
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

INeedAGig1210

Post by INeedAGig1210 »

FF8Jake` wrote: This pic says it all for me, I believe. :)

Strats are terrible about fingerprints.

I here ya man, my Warlock is a pain to keep fingerprints off of as well... :x
Follow Your Dreams, Never Give Up...

FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` »

MennoniteHobbit wrote: I'm still learning/teaching myself guitar and piano. I use an acoustic Kay brand guitar- one my dad got from when he was in college or before.

I need to buy a Stratocaster. 8)
Indeed. Acoustics are terrible to learn guitar on. Take an experienced guitarist to the music store with you so you don't get ripped off, and pick up an electric guitar with low action.
Caution, joking on a webforum can sometimes lead to this: Video footage
Please, think before posting about religion/bush/war/law enforcement. Please, save a keyboard.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

I've played guitar now for about 9 years. My guitar now is a Paul Reed Smith CE-24, I've also got an Epiphone flying-V, and a strat copy by Hamer which was my first guitar. I also have a fretless bass, which is actually a Fender/Yamaha hybrid(body Yamaha, hardware, neck, and everything else(except the pickups) Fender).

tanner_S.

Post by tanner_S. »

I play cello at school...

-Tanner

Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck »

I've got a set of Pearl Forum Series from late 2002, in what would be best described as metallic green.

It looks like they've added a few bonuses to that series since then, since I've still got a strap-driven bass pedal and a crappy throne that doesn't hold its height. All of the skins are still Pearl, which is unfortunate. However I did add a Sabian AAX 14" Studio Crash on a Dixon boom stand, and a very used pair of Sabian B8 hi-hats for a nice old school sound. The 13x11 rack tom sits on the floor, unused.

It would be awesome to pour some money into this kit and get new skins, a nice double-bass pedal, a decent ride cymbal and a throne that lives up to the name. For now though, it gets the job done.
Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member

Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis »

Magnotta wrote: I also have a fretless bass, which is actually a Fender/Yamaha hybrid(body Yamaha, hardware, neck, and everything else(except the pickups) Fender).

WTF.

I've got a Yamaha RBX270 fretless bass and an RBX775 in the post. Processed by a Boss ME-50B pedal. Nothing quite like a night in playing Dream Theater stuff. John Myung is a genius and a legend.

A friend of mine is a drummer and he recently bought himself a double-bass pedal. So much fun. He's even got the second hat and the chinas.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Draegonis wrote:
Magnotta wrote:I also have a fretless bass, which is actually a Fender/Yamaha hybrid(body Yamaha, hardware, neck, and everything else(except the pickups) Fender).

WTF.

Yup, I was at the locl music store when I saw a "Fender USA" fretless bass for 2 hundred dollars. I pretty much figured "wow, what a deal" and went to buy it. Before I bought it though the guy working there pointed out to me that the actual body itself is a Yamaha's, which is why it was so cheap. It played nice though so I bought it anyways.

Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis »

Can't stand Fender personally, I'm a Yamaha whore to the very bone.

Edit: Word filter? I have no idea. Yamaha 'enthusiast'? Sod that.

TC
Former Team Member

Post by TC »

drums, for about 20 years now. original pearl world series. ferrari red.
.:: 28:Ø6:42:12 ::.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Draegonis wrote: Can't stand Fender personally, I'm a Yamaha *beep* to the very bone.

I like their basses. I'm less fond of their guitars, although I do like Telecasters. Strats though are where I don't like them as much, I prefer the Les Paul sort of thing, which Paul Reed Smith guitars have. Personally I'd say PRS are the best guitars I've ever played, except their quite expensive, which is why I'll probabaly never be able to afford a second one.

Least favourite guitar for me, or one of them at least, would be SG's. I just don't like the feel of their necks at all, too boxy.

Return to “General Discussion”