Opinions On Drugs

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Xamence

Opinions On Drugs

Post by Xamence »

Please let me know your opinion on drugs.

I think that drugs (alcohol in particular) should not be sold to under 20 year olds. Although it may be tempting to have a pint, or whatever, I still stick with my old opinion. I won't take drugs until I am 20, that's for sure.

Post your thoughts.
xdarkday

Post by xdarkday »

(the legal age here is 21)

Im turning 21 on the 24th. being underage has never stopped me from drinking (I just got home from a party ;)). From what alot of people tell me, they calmed down on drinking after being the legal age. We'll see.

The way i see it is America still has the same problems as every where else and has one of the highest drinking ages. When i was in the UK it seemed way more passive and not as a big deal. When kids think its a huge deal they want to do it more, so maybe the younger age isnt such a bad idea.
Xamence

Post by Xamence »

Well, I live in the UK. Although it probably didn't seem too much of a problem when you visited the country, drugs is quite a big matter. Of course, I havn't been to America, so I don't know what it is like. :)
pulling his hair

Post by pulling his hair »

The questions is what drugs you're talking about - Caffeine has no age restriction, something or other is 16+, Tobacco and Alcohol are 18+.
Pezzoni

Post by Pezzoni »

I'm happy with the current UK drinking laws:
When you hit 16, you can drink with a meal - At 18 you can go and drink in pubs or clubs or whatever.
Not that they really check on that - It's easy enough to get served at most places before 18.
So long as people can drink responsibly, and know their limits, there isn't a problem. Unfortunately not everyone can do that...

As for drugs, I've personally stayed away. If people want to take them, it's fine by me so long as they don't get to the point of actually affecting other peoples lives.

Dan
Pit
Security Consultant

Post by Pit »

FYI, you can drink alcohol at home from the age of 5 in the UK.
super fun rainbow colour sig
ZoliveR
Former Team Member

Post by ZoliveR »

Drugs, what an vague term... Drugs can be what you can't do anything without it... chocolate, internet, icetea, tiramisu (well for me it's not a drug, i can live without it) or alcohol, smoke, coke, ecstasy... When the 2 last ones are illegal, and when the 4 last ones are quite health-dangerous, you can die if you eat too much chocolate or be depressed if you go too often in the internet.

Each drug have his consequences...
And drugs don't cover only the illegal matter, it can be also go to the cinema, play a game, all things that you can't stop easily...
No more Team Chocolate Member. I decided to leave, it's my choice. Thanks to all for all these years.
I'm always near if you need news of me. But no more support is given (private notification disabled)
Drunky

Post by Drunky »

ZoliveR wrote: or be depressed if you go too often in the internet.

Do you have any proof on that? I never heard that before.
Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis »

Drunky wrote: Do you have any proof on that? I never heard that before.

Just speak to any phpBB team member.
TC
Former Team Member

Post by TC »

Draegonis wrote:
Drunky wrote:Do you have any proof on that? I never heard that before.

Just speak to any phpBB team member.

heh.
.:: 28:Ø6:42:12 ::.
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

legal drugs, half the fun is in doing it illegaly, because after that, what's the point you can't get in trouble for it so half the fun is gone, and what're you going to do with just half the fun

illegal drugs, more than half the fun is it being illegal, lets say, 70%
Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

ZoliveR wrote: Drugs, what an vague term... Drugs can be what you can't do anything without it... chocolate, internet, icetea, tiramisu (well for me it's not a drug, i can live without it) or alcohol, smoke, coke, ecstasy... When the 2 last ones are illegal, and when the 4 last ones are quite health-dangerous, you can die if you eat too much chocolate or be depressed if you go too often in the internet.

Tylenol is also a drug :wink:

But seriously, the person is obviously talking about drugs which chemically alter your brain function. Cocaine, heroin, marijuana, LSD, etc. would fit into this category. Interestingly enough, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and over-the-counter sleeping pills would fit as well. However, the Internet would not.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/
Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

ZoliveR wrote: Drugs, what an vague term... Drugs can be what you can't do anything without it... chocolate, internet, icetea, tiramisu (well for me it's not a drug, i can live without it) or alcohol, smoke, coke, ecstasy... When the 2 last ones are illegal, and when the 4 last ones are quite health-dangerous, you can die if you eat too much chocolate or be depressed if you go too often in the internet.

Tylenol is also a drug :wink:

But seriously, the person is obviously talking about drugs which chemically alter your brain function. Cocaine, heroin, marijuana, LSD, etc. would fit into this category. Interestingly enough, alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and over-the-counter sleeping pills would fit as well. However, the Internet would not.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/
Pit
Security Consultant

Post by Pit »

Double posting is my favourite drug. 8)
super fun rainbow colour sig
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

Drug: anything that alters the way the mind or body works / a substance that is used as a medicine or narcotic
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Return to “General Discussion”