Opinions On Drugs

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Mr. C
I've Been Banned!

Post by Mr. C »

_Korn wrote: and what do u think about marijuana? is it drug?
its not legelized in russia. (

Yes, marijuana is a drug, and yes, IMO it is for losers.
Gud wrote:
Mr. C wrote:Drugs are for losers who can't handle their problems in life, and need an easy way out.

:roll:

What?
Wicked12 wrote: MR C. I bet you classify that but you never even tried MJ. Someones watching too much TV. 8O I have no problems but enjoy the use of marijuana once a week as leisure. You probably drink alcohol because the "Law" said it was okay correct?

Ok then let me ask you, why do you enjoy marijuana?

And I don't drink, but for different reasons.

CoMpaX

Post by CoMpaX »

I think drugs are not the good solutions, and it is important to refuse when anyone propose you take drugs
Sorry for my bad english i am french :D

[ Basket NBA ] NbaMap - La NBA à la carte!

Syrkel

Post by Syrkel »

Mr. C wrote: Drugs are for losers who can't handle their problems in life, and need an easy way out.

I'll second that, Mr. C. :mrgreen:

CoMpaX

Post by CoMpaX »

Mr. C wrote: Drugs are for losers who can't handle their problems in life, and need an easy way out.

I am totaly agree with this lol :D

if you take drugs you are a losser :lol:
Sorry for my bad english i am french :D

[ Basket NBA ] NbaMap - La NBA à la carte!

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

ahhhh, ignorence is bliss eh? You can vent your own feelings all you want about how drugs are bad, but perhaps you should draw the line at telling me why I did them, and telling a lot of other people why they do them, as for a great majority drugs have nothing to do with "escaping the reality of our crappy lies". Perhaps it's time to stop believing all the stereotypes you see on tv.

Mr. C
I've Been Banned!

Post by Mr. C »

Magnotta wrote:
Mr. C wrote:Drugs are for losers who can't handle their problems in life, and need an easy way out.

ahhhh, ignorence is bliss eh? You can vent your own feelings all you want about how drugs are bad, but perhaps you should draw the line at telling me why I did them, and telling a lot of other people why they do them, as for a great majority drugs have nothing to do with "escaping the reality of our crappy lies". Perhaps it's time to stop believing all the stereotypes you see on tv.

As you claim you use drugs, I must draw the logical conclusion that you are in denial.

And what sterotypes on TV? I'm talking about real life. I've had more than enough experience.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Mr. C wrote:
Magnotta wrote:

As you claim you use drugs, I must draw the logical conclusion that you are in denial.

And what sterotypes on TV? I'm talking about real life. I've had more than enough experience.

In denial? *raises eyebrow*, uhh ok there. Like I said, perhaps you should draw the line at telling others why they do things and how they feel. O, and btw, as I said I used to do drugs, not anymore, and those drugs were pretty much contained to marijuana. Perhaps you should instead draw the logical conclusion that not all people who have tried/used drugs do so for the reason you claim, as I have experienced otherwise through me personally, as well as many people I know, and since you have not tried anything at all apperently, your sort of at a disadvantage when it comes to "knowing" why people try drugs.

Now, I'd like then to hear about your experience which can then say that ALL people who have used drugs are depressed and in need of an escape. Please wow us all now with your incredible tale which allows you to speak for everyone.

Mr. C
I've Been Banned!

Post by Mr. C »

Magnotta wrote:
Mr. C wrote:
Magnotta wrote:

In denial? *raises eyebrow*, uhh ok there. Like I said, perhaps you should draw the line at telling others why they do things and how they feel. O, and btw, as I said I used to do drugs, not anymore, and those drugs were pretty much contained to marijuana. Perhaps you should instead draw the logical conclusion that not all people who have tried/used drugs do so for the reason you claim, as I have experienced otherwise through me personally, as well as many people I know, and since you have not tried anything at all apperently, your sort of at a disadvantage when it comes to "knowing" why people try drugs.

Now, I'd like then to hear about your experience which can then say that ALL people who have used drugs are depressed and in need of an escape. Please wow us all now with your incredible tale which allows you to speak for everyone.

So, why did you smoke marijuana?

And there's no incredible tale, I've just known and still know a lot of drug users. Most of them complete losers.

Wicked12

Post by Wicked12 »

I guess you can say i smoke because I love exploring myself. When you live life regular, the other side is sometimes more enjoying. Its like a beer, you drink it to relax and alter the mind. Keep you busy. Now its when you can control that placebo and make it function for you. You will never understand maybe a "drug addict" would. I don't need to smoke marijuana everyday, like a "drug" Marijuana itself has alot is like a very powerful placebo for me, it makes me believe I can do whatever I like, and yes I have done everything I have set my heart to desire. Now if it hindered my skills it would be a different story, but i work very well on it. Brings out my creativity also.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

so why did I? simple, at first I was just curious. No peer pressure, no depression pushing me to it, i was curious as to how it would feel. First time I tried was at a concert. After that, me and my buddies really only got high to listen to music or watch movies and stuff like that, or just socially, ya know, hanging around on a friday nightt, smoke a few joints and discuss how the week went and so forth. As for depressing loosers looking for a way out, me and my buddies made it a point to NOT smoke if we were feeling sad or depressed or anything as to avoid the situation where people use drugs as an escape. Most of us played intruments, so sometimes we'd get high and jam, ya know, just to see what we could come up with, and we recorded it a few times and actually came up with some pretty interesting music. In the end, we got high, it was the same as when families get togther on holidays and drink. Did we injure our lungs? sure, a bit of course, but it's not like smokers who smoke at leaast half a pack of cigrarette's a day, everyday, usually more than half a pack. Did we get addicted? no, of course not since it was marijuana. I mean, there were times when I'd get high everyday of the week, and then not get high for a month, and it was nothing, like I never even noticed a change. Did we suddenly start becomming outcasts in society? uhh no. Did we suddenly start doing really bad in school(which is often a claim)? No, in fact one of my friends who'd get high with us graduated with one of the highest averages in our school, and 2 of the guys went to a seperate school where only "gifted" kids are allowed to go, and both graduated with extremely high averages. As well, we are not an isolated incident either, and most people I've came across and talked to were/are very similar to how we were.

Now, I'm not saying that there aren't people who do drugs for reasons you gave, as there are, but it's just that perhaps you should no that there people who are different, and as such to not pretty much say "everyone" when making a statement. I mean, they way said it, you might as well say "100% of the people that play hockey are white Canadians, and 100% of people that play basketball are black American's" or that "all people from the middle east are terrorists". Not everyone fits into such black and white lines, so keep it in mind before making such open generalizations.

Mr. C
I've Been Banned!

Post by Mr. C »

Magnotta wrote: but it's just that perhaps you should no that there people who are different, and as such to not pretty much say "everyone" when making a statement.

Please show me where I said that...

Anaximander Thales

Post by Anaximander Thales »

To show agreeance Magnotta - I used weed for the exact same reasons. I turned out a perfectly sane, well adjusted, contributing, respected member of society.

Btw, your first post in this thread is an all inclusive statement.
A cat almost always blinks when hit in the head with a ball peen hammer.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Mr. C wrote:
Magnotta wrote: but it's just that perhaps you should no that there people who are different, and as such to not pretty much say "everyone" when making a statement.

Please show me where I said that...

I said practically, not that you specifically used the exact word "everyone", but that that your post pretty much stated that your opinion was about 100% of drug users. Where did you make that generalization? Simple, the line which said:
Drugs are for losers who can't handle their problems in life, and need an easy way out.

.....funny how you ignored the complete rest of my post.

Mr. C
I've Been Banned!

Post by Mr. C »

Magnotta wrote: .....funny how you ignored the complete rest of my post.

I ignored it because it seemed to lack a point. But if you want...

Magnotta wrote: so why did I? simple, at first I was just curious. No peer pressure, no depression pushing me to it, i was curious as to how it would feel.

What made you curious, if not stories from losers who enjoyed it?
Magnotta wrote: First time I tried was at a concert.

Yeah, a concert, really sounds like an experiment, no friends or pressure there at all...
Magnotta wrote: After that, me and my buddies really only got high to listen to music or watch movies and stuff like that, or just socially, ya know, hanging around on a friday nightt, smoke a few joints and discuss how the week went and so forth.

Again, with your friends.
Magnotta wrote: As for depressing loosers looking for a way out, me and my buddies made it a point to NOT smoke if we were feeling sad or depressed or anything as to avoid the situation where people use drugs as an escape.

Sure you did. I bet it was your daily goal.
Magnotta wrote: Most of us played intruments, so sometimes we'd get high and jam, ya know, just to see what we could come up with, and we recorded it a few times and actually came up with some pretty interesting music.

If it was as good as the Beatles, keep it up. If not, I don't care.
Magnotta wrote: In the end, we got high, it was the same as when families get togther on holidays and drink.

If it was the same, you probably would have drank instead. It's cheaper and legal.
Magnotta wrote: Did we injure our lungs? sure, a bit of course, but it's not like smokers who smoke at leaast half a pack of cigrarette's a day, everyday, usually more than half a pack.

You didn't injure your lungs as much as a life-long coal miner either, but you still did.
Magnotta wrote: Did we get addicted? no, of course not since it was marijuana.

You clearly know nothing about what addiction is.
Magnotta wrote: I mean, there were times when I'd get high everyday of the week, and then not get high for a month, and it was nothing, like I never even noticed a change.

Sure you did.
Magnotta wrote: Did we suddenly start becomming outcasts in society? uhh no.

No, because you already said all your friends did it too. Had you been alone, the situation would have been different.
Magnotta wrote: Did we suddenly start doing really bad in school(which is often a claim)? No, in fact one of my friends who'd get high with us graduated with one of the highest averages in our school,

So he was lucky. Pot does make people do worse in school, this is one fact I am sure of.
Magnotta wrote: and 2 of the guys went to a seperate school where only "gifted" kids are allowed to go, and both graduated with extremely high averages.

Gifted, eh?
Magnotta wrote: As well, we are not an isolated incident either, and most people I've came across and talked to were/are very similar to how we were.

You mean losers?

Again, I see no poin in all that.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Anaximander Thales wrote: To show agreeance Magnotta - I used weed for the exact same reasons. I turned out a perfectly sane, well adjusted, contributing, respected member of society.

I'm no more anti-pot than I am anti-tobacco (which is to say that I don't think either of them is a good idea, but I acknowledge that outright bans would cause more problems than they solve), but I have never liked this kind of argument. You hear it all the time on social issues, and it always takes the form "I experienced <insert subject here>, and I turned out just fine."

The problem with this argument is twofold:
  1. You might not be the best judge of how well you turned out as a person; it is obvious that self-judgement has precious little objectivity by nature.
  2. All social patterns are the result of probabilities rather than black/white, hard and fast laws. For virtually any given harmful lifestyle activity or condition, you can find people who became successful in spite of it. This does not refute the assertion that it is harmful. Lance Armstrong became very successful despite brain cancer, but no one in his right mind would use him in order to prove that brain cancer isn't bad for you.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

Return to “General Discussion”