T-Rex Cloning ...

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
guitarist809

Post by guitarist809 »

this is gunna be the new real-life jurassic park. This time no animations or fake-looking robots. (It WOULD be pretty cool)

Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck »

nuckfan15 wrote: Watch Jurrasic Park then decide.

Perfect explanation of how what will go wrong, will go wrong.

Actually, that movie attempts to depict chaos theory (or the butterfly effect) in action. And it uses a horribly designed zoo to make the effect play out with devastating consequences. Regardless, it was one hell of a good movie. :P
Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Kanuck wrote:
nuckfan15 wrote:Watch Jurrasic Park then decide.

Perfect explanation of how what will go wrong, will go wrong.

Actually, that movie attempts to depict chaos theory (or the butterfly effect) in action. And it uses a horribly designed zoo to make the effect play out with devastating consequences. Regardless, it was one hell of a good movie. :P

I thought the movie was pretty good for about the first half. There's a genuine sense of wonder, particularly when you first see the dinos in their natural habitat. But then Newman initiates the most harebrained escape plan in history and after that, it's just special effects and standard boo-shock-scaredya monster movie conventions.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

Anon
Former Team Member

Post by Anon »

For all you soothsayers that claim that it's going to happen exactly the same way Jurassic park did, what about in the movie The Day After Tomorrow?
In that, Global warming causes an ice age in the northern hemisphere. Does that mean that the entire northern world (Which houses most of the population because of Asia America & Europe) should move en masse to the southern countries? Think about that, then think about why we should follow a sci-fi movie's direction because something goes horribly wrong.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

If we all followed what sci-fi movies tell us, we'll be encountering the Vulcan's pretty soon, and with enough concentration I could use the force to type instead of using my hands.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Besides, I cringe at the part where the girl sits down at the SGI IRIX workstation, sees the goofy and utterly pointless VR navigation menu, and says "This is a UNIX system. I know this!"

Not to mention the idea of having to cycle the main power for the entire park in order to reboot a workstation :roll:

Dan39

Post by Dan39 »

lol i dont think anything like jurassic park would ever happen, scientists would be plenty happy if they even had a live dinosaur to study

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Darth Wong wrote: Besides, I cringe at the part where the girl sits down at the SGI IRIX workstation, sees the goofy and utterly pointless VR navigation menu, and says "This is a UNIX system. I know this!"

Not to mention the idea of having to cycle the main power for the entire park in order to reboot a workstation :roll:

huh, and I thought that it would be the inaccuracies dealing with the dino's themselves that would have bugged people(raptors too big, diophosaurus too small, dilophosaurus(yet again) being able to spit venom, etc)

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Anon wrote: For all you soothsayers that claim that it's going to happen exactly the same way Jurassic park did, what about in the movie The Day After Tomorrow?
In that, Global warming causes an ice age in the northern hemisphere. Does that mean that the entire northern world (Which houses most of the population because of Asia America & Europe) should move en masse to the southern countries? Think about that, then think about why we should follow a sci-fi movie's direction because something goes horribly wrong.

Hmmm, never thought of it that way. So your saying I should cancel my plane trip and remove the "for sale" sign from my house and just stay put up here?

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Magnotta wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:Besides, I cringe at the part where the girl sits down at the SGI IRIX workstation, sees the goofy and utterly pointless VR navigation menu, and says "This is a UNIX system. I know this!"

huh, and I thought that it would be the inaccuracies dealing with the dino's themselves that would have bugged people(raptors too big, diophosaurus too small, dilophosaurus(yet again) being able to spit venom, etc)

Well, since the dinos were supposedly genetically modified (once you accept the premise that this is actually possible), funky sizes and shapes aren't really that outrageous. But killing the power to an entire island in order to reboot a workstation? Argh.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

Darth Wong wrote: Well, since the dinos were supposedly genetically modified (once you accept the premise that this is actually possible), funky sizes and shapes aren't really that outrageous. But killing the power to an entire island in order to reboot a workstation? Argh.

Not to mention that even with tourists on the island, the entire zoo was being run by only 4 people, and 2 of those don't even really count(a hunter, and an old man). So, 2 people on computers are running this entire island full of huge, vicious creatures, with tourists out and about(with kids included), because of course all other personal got the weekend off soon after the tour started........

.......I still love the movie though lol(I now feel like watching it).

Kazer0

Post by Kazer0 »

MennoniteHobbit wrote:
Kazer0 wrote:The same way we do elephants and giraffes?

Except for the fact they're not as aggressive and aren't carnivores...

So? T-Rex eat rocks and metal?
Andrew Charron || alexis support forum || Specializing in phpBB website template integration
Hurry up, my feash is siek.
AndrewCharron.com version 5 released!

calebrw

Post by calebrw »

^oh yes, i'm sure they do...

personally, i think cloning of T-Rex could be very benificial for human cloning...but i do doubt that the DNA could survive 65million+ years with out some kind of decay, but on the other hand, DNA related techonology could benefit from T-Rex Project.
Caleb Williams
My Photography:
http://blog.calebwilliamsphotography.com

Kanuck
Former Team Member

Post by Kanuck »

Magnotta wrote: we'll be encountering the Vulcan's (sic) pretty soon

Thank goodness. Please, take me away. :P
Kanuck
Former phpBB.com team member

darkarcon2015

Post by darkarcon2015 »

I think they should clone it, but make it 10 inches tall so I can have one as a pet.
"I only want protection from old computer viruses, you know, the classics."
http://www.thecosmotron.com/

Registered Linux User #358572

Return to “General Discussion”