Anyone Ever Play A Text Based RPG?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Vilkacis

Anyone Ever Play A Text Based RPG?

Post by Vilkacis »

I have and i love em...I found this one a little while ago, [SPAM]
Its fun...Its basicly an RPG you play ina webbrowser thats free...Better then Everquest or WoW...Its just somethign to do to pass the time and such...But i like em. I am not advertising, but i am wondering other peoples opinoins on this so plz dont ban me. So what do you all think? Do you like Text Based RPG's? If youve never tried one try this one, [SPAM] and tell me what you think...

~Vilkacis

BTW This one is done with vB, which...in my opinion...Roxxorz Over phpbb :wink:

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Re: Anyone Ever Play A Text Based RPG?

Post by Magnotta »

Vilkacis wrote: BTW This one is done with vB, which...in my opinion...Roxxorz Over phpbb :wink:

see, now that's the problem. Why join the official phpBB board just to say "vbulletin is better"? Not to mention, you say you aren't spamming but you still had to link to a that is un-needed. You could have just said "what do you think of text based RPG's" not "what do you think of text based RPG's?...like this one for example"

and lastly, you openly lied. A site you came across? that's strange that you just came across it a little while ago considering YOU ARE AN ADMIN THERE.

to moderators(whichever one reads this first): perhaps you guys should discuss it over, and consider making there be a miminum required post count to post in GD(I know it would include adding a mod, but it reduce so many people registering and making one post to only spam their sites. Think of the extra free time you'll all get).

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

I've played text adventures on my PDA, and they are RPGs, so yes, I've played text-based RPGs before. They're so simple and pointless, they're fun.
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Magnotta wrote: to moderators(whichever one reads this first): perhaps you guys should discuss it over, and consider making there be a miminum required post count to post in GD(I know it would include adding a mod, but it reduce so many people registering and making one post to only spam their sites. Think of the extra free time you'll all get).

I think their doing that is very unlikely, because they want this forum to remain as vanilla as possible, and, if such a person as the one who made this thread is unable to make such a spam post in GD without a certain post requirement, he'll probably just post it in another forum (particularly one similar in terms of the amount of views it gets, i.e. phpBB Support, not Convertors), regardless of how irrelevant it is.
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta »

onigumo wrote: I think their doing that is very unlikely, because they want this forum to remain as vanilla as possible, and, if such a person as the one who made this thread is unable to make such a spam post in GD without a certain post requirement, he'll probably just post it in another forum (particularly one similar in terms of the amount of views it gets, i.e. phpBB Support, not Convertors), regardless of how irrelevant it is.

True, it was just an idea I had. Once I remembered though that they want to keep as vanilla a board as possible here, I figured it would be turned down(otherwise they probably would alreayd be doing it). Still, just figured Id mention it just incase they'd consider it.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Vilkacis wrote:

Agreed.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

Diskmaster

Post by Diskmaster »

I used to run a more referee controlled rpg in irc a few years ago. (mIRC + custom script set)

That and nethack for a brief period of time.
Murphy's Law is recursive.

Wes of StarArmy

Post by Wes of StarArmy »

Well, I run a sort of text based RP. It's not automated, though.

Take a look. The URL is http://stararmy.com.

If you like it, join up. If not, just look at the pretty pictures in the character art gallery, lol.

ThE-UnknowN

Post by ThE-UnknowN »

Darth Wong wrote:
Vilkacis wrote:

Agreed.

Good translation, hehehe

I used to run a more referee controlled rpg in irc a few years ago. (mIRC + custom script set)

That and nethack for a brief period of time.

I know there is at least one channel in DALnet which has a rpg bot with tonnes of people playing there. Am there daily - maybe I should give it a go.

Anyway, yes, I have played text based Adventure / RPGs before.

Eaten by the Grue anyone?

:wink:
http://www.chatvenue.com is finally taking shape.

Gud
Former Team Member

Post by Gud »

I used to play alot of nethack before switching to angband. But that was before I decided to get a life. ;)

G-Dub

Post by G-Dub »

I played #IdleRPG on freenode for about a day until the network split and it then didn't recognise me so I left.

I have a friend that plays Utopia, found at swirve.com, so religiously that he will leave nights out early to go home and fend off battles or some crap like that. He's kingdom is mythical strength or more specifically strength of minotaur so if you play pls pwn him for me
Yoxio.com :: Free Image Hosting
"OSX: The $2000 operating system with a free computer"

Vilkacis

Post by Vilkacis »

Did i ever say i was an admin there? Yes i found it a little while ago, about 4 months ago and became an Admin...Didnt know that was such required knowledge for you all. And no im not a worthless spammer, I was just wondering if you all liked Textbased RPG's. I could post other text rpgs like Gaiaonline and such but w/e.

Rapid Dr3am

Post by Rapid Dr3am »

First post by new user contains link to site in which they are an admin.

They get annoyed people think they are a spammer? Well how about if we all register at your site and ask if your users like whatever our sites are about and link them there? Sounds like a fair trade to me.

You can have this one post, and we can have one post each that's I dunno a lot of spam posts on your site? It can be our first and proberly last post. But it's not spam as you would proberly claim it to be.

Think before you post.

[edit]
I played a text based RPG once for about 5 seconds, and some cat wanted me to do something and I couldn't be bothered working it out so gave up.
[/edit]

stickerboy
Former Team Member
Name: Kenny Cameron

Post by stickerboy »

Darth Wong wrote:
Vilkacis wrote:

Agreed.

first off, roflmao :lol: (had to be done, nice one DW)

2nd, i've mucked a round with a few text RPG's (just to make sure, we're not talking about Rocket Propelled Grenades :wink: )

I found a cool one online a few months back, but I lost the link. I've got a mini one installed on my USB pen drive, so if i'm really bored in college I might play it :)
never really got into the actual RPG games though, i'm more of a Duke Nukem 3d / Quake / Halo kinda person 8)
I'm a web-designing code-decrypting tech-support musician
|| Twitter || Flickr || phpBB Snippets ||
Formerly known as cherokee red

onigumo

Post by onigumo »

Unbelievable, his links are still there. I thought it was illegal to advertise.
I write articles on community building
@ The Infinity Program.

Return to “General Discussion”