UK Election 2005

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.

Which way would you vote?

Poll ended at Thu May 05, 2005 6:17 pm

Tories/Conservatives
33%
"New" Labour
30%
Liberal Democrats
21%
Green Party
7%
UK Independence Party
5%
Other (whom please...)
5%

Total votes: 43

rick`

Post by rick` »

Who ever gets the most, of those who did, wins? :dunno:
amjohnno

Post by amjohnno »

SHS` wrote:
amjohnno wrote:Having a strong framework for resolving issues is one thing. Giving away power (in any form) to a foreign state is another.

Do actually have any clue what the EU really does?

Here's a start: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EU

Indeed I do. I got my history degree from Northampton, SHS` :wink:. Although, what that article goes on to state is that on top of a single European currency, removal of borders and and over-ruling court system, the EU has also harmonised government regulations within the union, a common policy on asylum, a common system of taxation, a common agricultual policy and a common fisheries policy amongst many others. Whilst these may not suggest a reduction in the powers of individual member states, each state could not simply change their own policies at will without them being ratified by the European council. Thus, as I said, they are giving away power.

But I feel this goes slightly of topic. :)
DVDs and Stuff.net
"I would like to say hello to my parents and my Shoalin Master, but they are all dead"
CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork »

Mr. C wrote: So what do you propose, that if the majority of people don't vote we go to anarchy?

Sometimes that option seems infinitely more attractive than the lying, back-stabbing, power-hungry pack of wolves we end up with.

But do remember that the absence of a central government doesn't automatically result in that sort of chaotic free for all most think of as "anarchy".

No, I am trying to say that it is always good to let your government and politicians know that the voters are the important ones. And that they tread a very dangerous line when more people couldn't be bothered to vote for the party that won power.

And it will be so interesting to find out how much fraud takes place with these wonderful postal votes!!! Look Here!!!

Des. . . 8O
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |
CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,

At LAST... The voice of the Non Voters!!! More Here!!!

:D

Des. . . :wink:
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |
thefranz

Post by thefranz »

well im not big on politics, but i was shocked when i saw the Conservative winning in this little poll. This will be the first time i get to vote and to me its more like voting against the party you don't want to get in, rather than the party you do, because for me, there isn't any good partys. They all seem to lie out of their teeth, and you cannot trust a single one of them.

I can't see how on earth someone can trust Micheal Howard, i mean did anyone know who he was 2 months ago, well other than that guy for the conservatives.

As for the whole Iraq war, i was well against it, but there's no point in moaning about something you have already started. We have to deal with the situation probably, and finish anything we start. Tony blair had no choice, unfortunatly America own the world now, and its good to keep a country like that close on your side.

For an englishman its embarrassing to see the labour party and conservatives row over the election, its like watching geeks in primary school fight over being the teachers pet. And because there soo busy fighting there forgetting what there duty is.

For me, if there was a party that actually took there job seriously and concentrated on the job in hand, then they would get my vote, unfortunatly thats not how politics seem to work :(

bytheway this is what i got

Labour 7
Conservative -9
Liberal Democrat 28
UK Independence Party 12
Green 15

on this website: http://www.whoshouldyouvotefor.com

allthough under lib dems it says:

They are in favour of a ban on smoking in public places, but would relax laws on cannabis.

Is it just me, or does that sound daft??
Milky - A fanlisting
Jon Reid

Post by Jon Reid »

Good god, well let's hope the actual election results don't reflect the tory lead in this poll! :D
Administrator of Star Trek Online || Moderator of The Admin Zone
Draegonis
Former Team Member

Post by Draegonis »

SHS` wrote: Indeed... though if it does go that way I am for certain leaving the country...

Cheater, you're leaving anyway. 8)
nuckfan15
Name: Travis

Post by nuckfan15 »

Draegonis wrote:
SHS` wrote:Indeed... though if it does go that way I am for certain leaving the country...

Leaving where? :?
Travis aka Nuckfan15 - No Private Support
Make use of the Support Request Template when seeking support.
MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit »

nuckfan15 wrote:
Draegonis wrote:
SHS` wrote:Indeed... though if it does go that way I am for certain leaving the country...

Leaving where? :?

SHS` wrote: Indeed... though if it does go that way I am for certain leaving the country...
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."
SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` »

Draegonis wrote:

Well, I was thinking of spoiling my vote because of the fact I wouldn't be in the country, then it was quite obvious I still need to vote as which ever party comes in, their policy/stance towards, either directly or via the EU to countries such as the People's Republic of China, Republic of China (Taiwan), Japan, N&S Korea, etc are going to matter.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

Return to “General Discussion”