Women in combat.

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Rabidus_Lupus

Women in combat.

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

There is a lot of talk about women being allowed to go to combat. Some say they should, some say they shouldn't. I don't believe women should be in combat. I'll share my reasons later, but I'd like to hear some of your opinions first. Perhaps you'll change my mind.
If there is only one God, and he is the top of the chain of command in life, where did he come from?
Mobius One

Post by Mobius One »

Women fought to have the same rights as men which should come with our responsibilities. I think women should fight in combat.
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

I think they should go into combat if they want to, but they should not fool themselves into thinking that the average woman can do the same as the average man. No matter what they do, on average, they are still weaker which, for combat, isn't really a plus.
Rabidus_Lupus

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

For the males that reply, think about this. If you're in combat, shots are being fired, what's first on your mind? Getting the mission done or protecting the female next to you?
If there is only one God, and he is the top of the chain of command in life, where did he come from?
Muas

Post by Muas »

Women should have the oppurtunity to fight if they want to; however, when a woman soldier is captured in combat, she faces substantially different scenarios of torture, the most apparent is rape. The Geneva rules will not hold under this new war. Both sides , if not more, have and I bet continues to not follow the guidelines of the Geneva conference. However, I am ignorant of if Muslim extremists would rape a woman infidel.

Now, as most of the United States is run by man, I doubt they will ignore this issue, although it may be glossed over. I don't see any general or politician willing to put their daughter into a combat situation where she could potentially be raped and tortured.

However, I believe that given the possibility of woman soldiers, who may have better skills and abilities within the military, the chances of them being caught would be less.
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

Mobius One wrote: Women fought to have the same rights as men which should come with our responsibilities. I think women should fight in combat.

I feel the same way. Women IMO normally should not be in battle, but they want to be equal with everything...or from what I have seen, they want all the benefits of men, without the detriments.
Because they have tried to hard to want to be equal, I feel they also need to share the equal less-pleasant issues, not just the good ones, such as voting, holding office etc.

Please dont flame me, this is just what I see regarding gender issues, you never see a woman trying to be equal when it comes to something they dont want to do, even if a man would have to.

Even with all the "equality" between men and women lately, alot of issues are still one sided, for example, in a rape/assault case, the man is ALWAYS wrong most of the time. I have seen and read about dozens of cases where the woman has almost no proof or evidence, yet the man is convicted. If it was the man making the claim, he would be laughed at without rock solid evidence.

The same with alot of child care issues that I have read about, its the husband who almost always has to fight for custody. Why? If there equal, it should be equal.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

starfoxtj wrote:
Mobius One wrote:Women fought to have the same rights as men which should come with our responsibilities. I think women should fight in combat.

I feel the same way. Women IMO normally should not be in battle, but they want to be equal with everything...or from what I have seen, they want all the benefits of men, without the detriments.
Because they have tried to hard to want to be equal, I feel they also need to share the equal less-pleasant issues, not just the good ones, such as voting, holding office etc.

Please dont flame me, this is just what I see regarding gender issues, you never see a woman trying to be equal when it comes to something they dont want to do, even if a man would have to.

Even with all the "equality" between men and women lately, alot of issues are still one sided, for example, in a rape/assault case, the man is ALWAYS wrong most of the time. I have seen and read about dozens of cases where the woman has almost no proof or evidence, yet the man is convicted. If it was the man making the claim, he would be laughed at without rock solid evidence.

The same with alot of child care issues that I have read about, its the husband who almost always has to fight for custody. Why? If there equal, it should be equal.

QFE
this is absolutely correct!
Rabidus_Lupus

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

Muas wrote: However, I believe that given the possibility of woman soldiers, who may have better skills and abilities within the military, the chances of them being caught would be less.

We have physical fitness tests that prove the average woman is weaker and slower than the average male. Their chances of getting captured in a combat situation are greater. Then we lose more people because no one wants to see a female POW. So we have to go get them as soon as possible. The rest of what you said I agree with. But I still state they should not be in combat.
starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj »

But...what about GI-Jane?

Anyways, true they are weaker, but there are other jobs they could do besides being foot soldiers. They could be trained in medical field, technology, anything really.
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!
Rabidus_Lupus

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

starfoxtj wrote: I feel the same way. Women IMO normally should not be in battle, but they want to be equal with everything...or from what I have seen, they want all the benefits of men, without the detriments.

I agree. But I think combat is not the place for equal rights to exist due to the reason I stated above.
starfoxtj wrote: Please dont flame me, this is just what I see regarding gender issues, you never see a woman trying to be equal when it comes to something they dont want to do, even if a man would have to.

I don't agree here. I do see women doing things that nobody wants to do. Like picking up garbage.
starfoxtj wrote: Even with all the "equality" between men and women lately, alot of issues are still one sided, for example, in a rape/assault case, the man is ALWAYS wrong most of the time. I have seen and read about dozens of cases where the woman has almost no proof or evidence, yet the man is convicted. If it was the man making the claim, he would be laughed at without rock solid evidence.

I believe the same about this.
Rabidus_Lupus

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

starfoxtj wrote: But...what about GI-Jane?
What do you call a med student that graduates with a C average? Ans. Doctor. Just because you can make it through training doesn't mean you should be in the field.
starfoxtj wrote: Anyways, true they are weaker, but there are other jobs they could do besides being foot soldiers. They could be trained in medical field, technology, anything really.

In the U.S. Army, women are in all those fields. The only ones right now they are not allowed in are straight combat fields. They can't be a combat medic, or foot soldier or anything like that.
Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec »

Rabidus_Lupus wrote:
starfoxtj wrote:Anyways, true they are weaker, but there are other jobs they could do besides being foot soldiers. They could be trained in medical field, technology, anything really.

In the U.S. Army, women are in all those fields. The only ones right now they are not allowed in are straight combat fields. They can't be a combat medic, or foot soldier or anything like that.

:o
I always thought they could be...
they can be here...
ajt48

Women are not meant for combat

Post by ajt48 »

Just because a few women are messed up in their thinking doesn't mean they all are. In many ways women are superior to men, and in other ways men are superior to women.
We are just all different. Women definitely Do Not belong in combat!
They can perform in support roles only.
Would you want your wife or daughter fighting in combat.
iloserman

Post by iloserman »

Would you want your Husband or Son fighting in combat?

ILM
- Have a problem? I would love to help you out.
[ AIM ] [ MSN ] [ PM ] [ E-MAIL ] [ Website ] <- Contact info below.

Over 2,550+ users assisted, outside of phpBB. 37 Hosted.
wGEric
Former Team Member
Name: Eric Faerber

Post by wGEric »

Women were protected, they didn't want to be protected so now they aren't, now someone wants to protect them again.
Eric

Return to “General Discussion”