Women in combat.

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
TerraFrost
Former Team Member
Posts: 5957
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:40 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by TerraFrost »

I think he's trying to say that he wouldn't help a man, because he feels that the man could help himself, whereas he'd have to help a woman because they can't help themselves.

He also probably feels that a man is more likely to have deserved a beating than a woman is. Personally, however, I don't think anyone "deserves" a beating. It should be the courts - not you - who make it so people "get what's comming to them"

Further, the idea that men are the only ones who could do anything worthy of punishment is ludicrious (imho).

Pit
Security Consultant
Posts: 2056
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2001 8:17 pm
Location: kµlt øƒ Ø™
Contact:

Post by Pit »

DarkCow wrote: I think he's trying to say that he wouldn't help a man, because he feels that the man could help himself, whereas he'd have to help a woman because they can't help themselves.

I wouldn't suggest that women be allowed in combat operations if the individuals concerned aren't capable of performing the task. So that point is nullified.

Rabidus_Lupus is saying that women should not be allowed in combat regardless of whether the women involved are capable of performing the task.
Image
super fun rainbow colour sig

Darth Wong
Registered User
Posts: 2398
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:20 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Post by Darth Wong »

Rabidus_Lupus wrote: For those of you who don't see my point, this is it. I would feel the need to protect the women, therefore not concentrating on my mission, which comes first. Yes, this means I lack the discipline to concentrate fully on the mission at hand.

And you conclude that this particular character flaw of yours is shared by all soldiers and should therefore be used as a reason to ban women from combat? Have you done a survey to confirm this belief? Have you tried fighting alongside a woman to see if you would actually behave this way? And what other character flaws of yours should be used as reasons to keep people out of combat? If someone out there was a white supremacist and felt that his morale would suffer if black guys were nearby, would that be a good reason to kick black guys out of the Army? The idea of banning people from the military in order to appease the neuroses of certain individuals seems rather flawed to me.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

Rabidus_Lupus
Registered User
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 11:26 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

TerraFrost wrote: Personally, however, I don't think anyone "deserves" a beating. It should be the courts - not you - who make it so people "get what's comming to them"

Specially those guys that beat their wives and get a little bit of jail time for it right? Or those child molesters that get a few years in prison huh? Oh, and OJ Simpson was, of course, innocent.
If there is only one God, and he is the top of the chain of command in life, where did he come from?

Rabidus_Lupus
Registered User
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 11:26 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

Darth Wong wrote:
Rabidus_Lupus wrote:For those of you who don't see my point, this is it. I would feel the need to protect the women, therefore not concentrating on my mission, which comes first. Yes, this means I lack the discipline to concentrate fully on the mission at hand.

And you conclude that this particular character flaw of yours is shared by all soldiers and should therefore be used as a reason to ban women from combat? Have you done a survey to confirm this belief?
I've asked quite a few people in the military. Some have my belief, other feel women are just too weak on average, some believe women are a little too emotional. Plus there are other reasons.
Have you tried fighting alongside a woman to see if you would actually behave this way?
I make sure they aren't in the fight if it's just guys, so yes basically, yes.
And what other character flaws of yours should be used as reasons to keep people out of combat? If someone out there was a white supremacist and felt that his morale would suffer if black guys were nearby, would that be a good reason to kick black guys out of the Army?

There aren't that many extreme racists in the military, it's too diversified to have that. If someone believes the way you just said, they are the one's that shouldn't be in combat.
The idea of banning people from the military in order to appease the neuroses of certain individuals seems rather flawed to me.

How long did they wait to save that single female POW. Now, how long have they waited to send in a team only to save a single male POW? When those two times are the same your statement might make sense. Because right now, it seems everone that felt we should go after that single female POW thinks the same way I do. Otherwise they wouldn't have gone after her.
If there is only one God, and he is the top of the chain of command in life, where did he come from?

Pit
Security Consultant
Posts: 2056
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2001 8:17 pm
Location: kµlt øƒ Ø™
Contact:

Post by Pit »

Rabidus_Lupus wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:
Rabidus_Lupus wrote:For those of you who don't see my point, this is it. I would feel the need to protect the women, therefore not concentrating on my mission, which comes first. Yes, this means I lack the discipline to concentrate fully on the mission at hand.

And you conclude that this particular character flaw of yours is shared by all soldiers and should therefore be used as a reason to ban women from combat? Have you done a survey to confirm this belief?
I've asked quite a few people in the military. Some have my belief, other feel women are just too weak on average, some believe women are a little too emotional. Plus there are other reasons.

So, what you're saying is that you've talked to a lot of people in the military with the same inability to perform sufficiently as you have?
Image
super fun rainbow colour sig

Rabidus_Lupus
Registered User
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 11:26 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

Pit wrote:
Rabidus_Lupus wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:
Rabidus_Lupus wrote:For those of you who don't see my point, this is it. I would feel the need to protect the women, therefore not concentrating on my mission, which comes first. Yes, this means I lack the discipline to concentrate fully on the mission at hand.

And you conclude that this particular character flaw of yours is shared by all soldiers and should therefore be used as a reason to ban women from combat? Have you done a survey to confirm this belief?
I've asked quite a few people in the military. Some have my belief, other feel women are just too weak on average, some believe women are a little too emotional. Plus there are other reasons.

So, what you're saying is that you've talked to a lot of people in the military with the same inability to perform sufficiently as you have?

So letting a guy kill a woman would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.
If there is only one God, and he is the top of the chain of command in life, where did he come from?

Darth Wong
Registered User
Posts: 2398
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:20 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Post by Darth Wong »

Rabidus_Lupus wrote: So letting a guy kill a woman would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.

So letting a guy kill a man would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

User avatar
Draegonis
Former Team Member
Posts: 3950
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Kµlt øƒ Ø
Contact:

Post by Draegonis »

Rabidus_Lupus wrote: Yes, this means I lack the discipline to concentrate fully on the mission at hand.


Congratulations on admitting to the fact that the fault is not with women, but with yourself.
Rabidus_Lupus wrote: There aren't that many extreme racists in the military, it's too diversified to have that. If someone believes the way you just said, they are the one's that shouldn't be in combat.


Yet, you believe the same thing when applied to sex instead of race? Hurrr.
So letting a guy kill a woman would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.


Hey, his parents raised him not to be a sexist pig! Oh, but because a women is on the recieving end here instead of being dressed up to look like a parlour doll, we've got to throw them out, am i rite?

Rabidus_Lupus
Registered User
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 11:26 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

Darth Wong wrote:
Rabidus_Lupus wrote:So letting a guy kill a woman would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.

So letting a guy kill a man would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.

Yes, it would be accepted. When in war, that's what happens. It's my job to make sure some of those people die for their country. I'd have a much harder time killing a woman that's trying to kill me, than a man. Quite frankly, I can't even say I would kill the woman if I'm the only one in danger. I'm sure you could do it easily, after all, she's equal in your opinion right?
If there is only one God, and he is the top of the chain of command in life, where did he come from?

Rabidus_Lupus
Registered User
Posts: 120
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 11:26 pm
Location: Belgium
Contact:

Post by Rabidus_Lupus »

Draegonis wrote: Congratulations on admitting to the fact that the fault is not with women, but with yourself.

Yes, as well as a lot of other guys in the military.
Rabidus_Lupus wrote: There aren't that many extreme racists in the military, it's too diversified to have that. If someone believes the way you just said, they are the one's that shouldn't be in combat.
Yet, you believe the same thing when applied to sex instead of race? Hurrr.

Yes, because I know guys that believe the same thing, and I know there's a lot of people that believe women shouldn't be in combat. I don't actually know any racists.
So letting a guy kill a woman would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.
Hey, his parents raised him not to be a sexist pig! Oh, but because a women is on the recieving end here instead of being dressed up to look like a parlour doll, we've got to throw them out, am i rite?

I'm guessing you don't have a girlfriend, because you obviously won't protect her if harm should come to her.
If there is only one God, and he is the top of the chain of command in life, where did he come from?

TerraFrost
Former Team Member
Posts: 5957
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2004 3:40 am
Location: Austin, TX

Post by TerraFrost »

Rabidus_Lupus wrote:
TerraFrost wrote:Personally, however, I don't think anyone "deserves" a beating. It should be the courts - not you - who make it so people "get what's comming to them"

Specially those guys that beat their wives and get a little bit of jail time for it right? Or those child molesters that get a few years in prison huh? Oh, and OJ Simpson was, of course, innocent.

And who are you to usurp their decissions? Were you privy to all the evidence that was presented? Are you fully aware of the ramifications that their punishment will have?

If you have so little respect for the opinions of the courts, then why are you in the military? To defend a noble tradition that you don't agree with?

Darth Wong
Registered User
Posts: 2398
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2002 5:20 am
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Post by Darth Wong »

Rabidus_Lupus wrote:
Darth Wong wrote:
Rabidus_Lupus wrote:So letting a guy kill a woman would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.

So letting a guy kill a man would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.

Yes, it would be accepted. When in war, that's what happens. It's my job to make sure some of those people die for their country. I'd have a much harder time killing a woman that's trying to kill me, than a man.

Then you are a poor soldier, because the enemy could deploy female troops and make you useless on the field of battle. During that very same Mogadishu mission that I mentioned earlier, US Army Rangers were forced to shoot women on a regular basis; the Army doesn't need soldiers that won't do their jobs.
Quite frankly, I can't even say I would kill the woman if I'm the only one in danger. I'm sure you could do it easily, after all, she's equal in your opinion right?

Correct. If someone is threatening my life, I don't care if it's a man or a woman. And frankly, you won't either if it ever came down to it. You're just talking big macho talk because you're a big macho man behind your keyboard.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

Silverhawk060
Registered User
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2003 4:40 am
Contact:

Post by Silverhawk060 »

maybe someone should find out what army he is in, and show his superiors his post about admitting his lack of discipline :P

My thoughts on this btw, it doesn't matter whether the soldier is male/female. As long as the tests and training they go through are exactly the same to meet the requirements the army needs, those who pass are qualified regardless of their physical make up.

User avatar
Draegonis
Former Team Member
Posts: 3950
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2002 3:12 pm
Location: Kµlt øƒ Ø
Contact:

Post by Draegonis »

Rabidus_Lupus wrote:
Draegonis wrote:Congratulations on admitting to the fact that the fault is not with women, but with yourself.

Yes, as well as a lot of other guys in the military.
Rabidus_Lupus wrote: There aren't that many extreme racists in the military, it's too diversified to have that. If someone believes the way you just said, they are the one's that shouldn't be in combat.
Yet, you believe the same thing when applied to sex instead of race? Hurrr.

Yes, because I know guys that believe the same thing, and I know there's a lot of people that believe women shouldn't be in combat. I don't actually know any racists.
So letting a guy kill a woman would be accepted by you? Your parents taught you well.
Hey, his parents raised him not to be a sexist pig! Oh, but because a women is on the recieving end here instead of being dressed up to look like a parlour doll, we've got to throw them out, am i rite?

I'm guessing you don't have a girlfriend, because you obviously won't protect her if harm should come to her.



haha, shut up. Your argument is pathetic and has no basis in reality. You admit that racists shouldn't be in the military. Sexists shouldn't either.

My girlfriend also hasn't been trained in the military, so your point, once again, completely sucks and is entirely irrelevant. :) :) :) :)

Edit:
Rabidus_Lupus wrote: Yes, it would be accepted. When in war, that's what happens. It's my job to make sure some of those people die for their country. I'd have a much harder time killing a woman that's trying to kill me, than a man. Quite frankly, I can't even say I would kill the woman if I'm the only one in danger. I'm sure you could do it easily, after all, she's equal in your opinion right?


haha, you have got to be a crappy gimmick or something.
Last edited by Draegonis on Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”