Breaking News: London Explosion!!

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
stu15

Breaking News: London Explosion!!

Post by stu15 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:58 am

From NZCity: http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/default.asp?id=52843
Explosions on London's transport system has brought the British capital to a standstill
7 July 2005

London is in chaos after a series of explosions have closed the Underground train system.

A number of people have been injured after the explosions which were initially being blamed on a power surge.

Explosions are reported to have taken place at Aldgate, Edgware Road, King's Cross, Liverpool Street, Old Street and Russell Square stations and a police statement has confirmed there has been a series of explosions at tube stations around the British capital.

Police also say there has been an explosion aboard a bus, and that there have been numerous casualties.

There are unconfirmed reports from union members speaking to the Associated Press that explosive devices have been found on the transport system.

The National Grid, which supplies power to the Underground, said there had been no problems with its system which could have contributed to the incidents.

One eye-witness who was on one of the tube trains, "Steve", told the BBC's Radio Five there was a big
bang, and everything went black. He says people were screaming and it was hard to breathe.

Stunned, blackened passengers are emerging from the Underground stations and shepherded away by police.

The network has been closed down.

© 2005 NZCity, NewsTalkZB

More coming soon......
A Registered User > I maybe wrong...So please correct him :) || My Forum - Stu's phpBB Helpdesk

stu15

Post by stu15 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:00 am

A Registered User > I maybe wrong...So please correct him :) || My Forum - Stu's phpBB Helpdesk

stu15

Post by stu15 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:01 am

stu15

Post by stu15 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:06 am

Cnn is loading very slow, try the BBC link if you cant get to the CNN site

Swizec
Former Team Member

Post by Swizec » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:27 am

I am so watching the news today!

oh and, the edit button is very handy ;)

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:38 am

NBC 5 is North Texas local news coverage team.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/4692637/detail.html
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:19 pm

It's Al-Quaeda. This is the problem with terrorists; they don't need an infrastructure, so you can't just find this infrastructure and blow it up. It would be nice if Al-Quaeda were a country and you could declare war on them, bomb them in retaliation, and force a surrender, but it doesn't work that way.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

Yawner

Post by Yawner » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:23 pm

Now these gusy are really pissing me off... they almost had my father, he was about 5 stops from Russel Square when the Russel Square bomb went off... he works for the British Transport Police whose new headquarters are there..
Alan Kay : "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
Support the OpenDocument Format!

The Techboy

Post by The Techboy » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:09 pm

Wow, there are some idiots in the world, eh...

I suppose they chose today as a weakspot when all the police are in Edinburgh for the G8 summit. Hrmph.
Eat recycled food. It's good for the environment and OK for you.

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:14 pm

It is no doubt a terrorist attack. It's written all-over... Reports say that hospitals are treating over 300 people and over 150 are seriously injured, two have been confirmed dead.

Other reports say that 4 explosions have been confirmed while the others are being looked at. Some say that a couple of the reports could of been the same one.

I have a friend that does live in London and a real good friend.. I'm quite worried about him right now...
No longer supporting phpBB. PM or email me regarding support and you will be ignored. I'm fully done with phpBB and everything.

txuspe

Post by txuspe » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:18 pm

Do you remember 11 March 2004 Madrid attacks?
Now London... :(

ScionCrow

Post by ScionCrow » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:34 pm

txuspe wrote: Do you remember 11 March 2004 Madrid attacks?
Now London... :(

I've heard things about it.. I don't really remember much of it on the news though...

SHS`
Former Team Member
Name: Jonathan Stanley

Post by SHS` » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:54 pm

Darth Wong wrote: It's Al-Quaeda. This is the problem with terrorists; they don't need an infrastructure, so you can't just find this infrastructure and blow it up. It would be nice if Al-Quaeda were a country and you could declare war on them, bomb them in retaliation, and force a surrender, but it doesn't work that way.

Do explain how state-terrorism from one state aggressing against another is "better"? I guess "collateral damage" (dead civilians, whom unfortunately happened to have been born in the wrong place in the wrong time, to you and me) is a-ok when we could bomb Al-Quaeda-istan, should such a place exist?

War is immoral whichever way you sugar coat it. Turn the other cheek and all that. At least the good news is that the death toll isn't higher than what has been reported so far.
Jonathan “SHS`” Stanley • 史德信

FF8Jake`

Post by FF8Jake` » Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:56 pm

Hmm... I wonder what they will want to do to retaliate?

Perhaps bomb somebody?

I bet half of the pages badmouthing the US for attacking countries harboring terrorists will disappear off the web now.
Caution, joking on a webforum can sometimes lead to this: Video footage
Please, think before posting about religion/bush/war/law enforcement. Please, save a keyboard.

Return to “General Discussion”