What is the next big step for Google?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
dvdd127

Re: Google

Post by dvdd127 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:54 am

cdanik wrote: google will probably turn into a site like msn.com or yahoo.com, and provide all of those different services, hopefully the search engine will still be their main focus. I probably use google atleast 4 or 5 times a day!
the sad thing is you are prolly right :(
/DD

surferb

Post by surferb » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:47 am

Take over the world!!!
Nathan Boeger
Integrator, Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Inductive Automation (forum)- Specializing in SQL and web based HMI systems
"Design Simplicity Cures Engineered Complexity"

Natan

Post by Natan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:20 pm

Well, apparently, the next big step is giving out free cell phones! (provided you accept all the advertisements, of course.)
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

GypsyOwl22

Post by GypsyOwl22 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:03 pm

I just upgraded my blogspot site to the beta version which reguires that I use my gmail log in to access it. (did they buy blogger.com?)

And I am now officially a new adsense publisher.

I am still new at it. So no tips or tricks yet. But so far the beta format has been easy to work out.

Speaking of McDonalds... I just learned that they funded Chipolte's which is just about the exact opposite of them.

I agree that google needs to keep a good focus on their search engine.

:)

Natan

Post by Natan » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:23 pm

GypsyOwl22 wrote: I just upgraded my blogspot site to the beta version which reguires that I use my gmail log in to access it. (did they buy blogger.com?)

Yes, several years ago.
"You may only be one person to the world, but you may also be the world to one person."

theghost14

Post by theghost14 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:54 am

Googledows

A brand new OS for your computer!

I could think that they would make a entire new set up like Google Explorer as the main ect.

2ndly they wouldnt turn into one of those sites like msn.They would lose to much money since people dont like those kinds of websites

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:10 pm

MSN and Yahoo are more like portals than search engines. As can be witnessed from the simplicity of http://www.google.com, it is hard to see Google going down that line.

I would think Google pride themselves on the clean and unobtrusive layout they provide. It is very user-friendly, whereas MSN and Yahoo have gone for a more cluttered approach, which makes Google a favourite for most.
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

PCHelpWorld

Post by PCHelpWorld » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:41 pm

Well, they are creating new online services such as an online word, excel equivalent. They are also doing an online hdd, offering unlimited space where you can backup contents of your computer there for safety. I think the next step will be hosting. People would choose them because they have a good reputation, lot of money, and the experience to create this type of service. It would probably be cheaper than many other hosts because they would probably get a lot more clients, but that is just my opinion,

Maddocks

theghost14

Post by theghost14 » Sat Dec 02, 2006 6:44 pm

PCHelpWorld wrote: Well, they are creating new online services such as an online word, excel equivalent. They are also doing an online hdd, offering unlimited space where you can backup contents of your computer there for safety. I think the next step will be hosting. People would choose them because they have a good reputation, lot of money, and the experience to create this type of service. It would probably be cheaper than many other hosts because they would probably get a lot more clients, but that is just my opinion,

Maddocks

Yeah but the hosting would be check only i bet >_>

mickal555

Post by mickal555 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:19 am

Pehaps a forum software :lol:
If this writing is blue you're going too fast!
Element CollectionsNewest additions: Bismuth and bismuth crystal making
My Forum!

battye
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by battye » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:21 am

mickal555 wrote: Pehaps a forum software :lol:

They already have Google Groups.
Customisations Team Member

https://github.com/battye/php-array-parser - Give it a Star! :D

Moderatelyconfused

Post by Moderatelyconfused » Wed Dec 27, 2006 3:01 am

battye wrote:
mickal555 wrote:Pehaps a forum software :lol:

They already have Google Groups.

Ugh, Google Groups is a bane to Usenet. Usenet != forum

Mike TUMS

Post by Mike TUMS » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:29 pm

skuld the great wrote: World domination

Totally agree :)

Sorry for my bad english, i'm just russian ;)

Ryan_W

Post by Ryan_W » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:18 pm

Google is spreading all over the Internet, slowly but steadily and it won't be too long when Google would be the single source for most of the services related to the Internet.

jessed

sharepoint-style interface

Post by jessed » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:43 pm

I could see them taking docs & spreadsheet to the next level with project management and presentation pages. Wrap it in 'google apps for your domain' and you could effectively replace MS sharepoint. If it were done correctly, the price kept reasonable, and real attention given to security, companies would be willing to pay for it. Sharepoint is used a lot of places and those companies pay a lot for it. They've already built the framework for something exactly like this, they've just been releasing it piecemeal. I have no idea if they've intended to put it all together form the start or not, but I hope so.
thanks,
--jesse

Return to “General Discussion”