What way of hosting do you use.

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Mut wrote: My forum isn't what's using up the bandwidth, buddy.

Did you even read what I wrote? When you get a dedicated server, you will typically get 400GB per month of bandwidth or some other very large figure. So you can easily host a lot of websites sucking 30GB or 40GB per month, especially if most of your websites aren't coming close to that (which most don't). But your actual server resources are limited, so this only works if none of the websites consume a lot of CPU resources and RAM.

In essence, it's luck of the draw. I've used these kinds of "no metering" webhosts or very low-cost webhosts before, and all it takes is one high-load website on the same server and your performance drops into the toilet.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

Mut

Post by Mut »

I think you're ridiculously bias in your posts. Just because you've had negative experiences with some hosts, that doesn't mean it applies to others. I mean, come on. :roll:
http://www.rolleyes.net/forums - A site for general discussion, anime, game, tv, movies, fun articles, and more. Come by and become a member.

Darth Wong

Post by Darth Wong »

Mut wrote: I think you're ridiculously bias in your posts. Just because you've had negative experiences with some hosts, that doesn't mean it applies to others. I mean, come on. :roll:

It never fails: if you can't answer the actual point, just accuse the other person of being "biased". I'd love to see how you explain your belief that the concept of CPU and RAM utilization does not apply to all webhosts.
Not a three-foot tall green gnome in real-life: My home page.
My wretched hive of scum and villainy: http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/

*=Matt=*

Post by *=Matt=* »

I had free hosting for a long time about 2 years ago and that was not quite what I wanted. So i got a shared plan and had real real experiences with them. Soo i pulled together to get a nice reseller plan with as far as i know 2 gigs of ram and with 229 gigs of space but i only get 10 gigs of it.

chris207

Post by chris207 »

We run a free phpbb hosting website.

We simply run dedicated servers to ensure quality uptime.

As the creator of this stated that is a pro, not having to worry about uptime if you have a quality host.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say this but we use ev1servers.net and they have been great.

We currently run these for our servers;

Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz
512MB RAM to 1GB RAM
One or Two 80GB Hard Drives
1300 GB Monthly Transfer

They offer these for like $120 a month.

There are smaller plans available and VPS too, I'd suggest one of those that are < $50/month.

You could also check out webhostingtalk to see what people there recommend. They're more experienced with various hosts.

I hope this helps.

Hikaro0

Post by Hikaro0 »

I use iamge shack it g00d
come all light people

soxie
Former Team Member
Name: Brian

Post by soxie »

Hikaro0 wrote: I use iamge shack it g00d

Use proper English. That's good as well.
// brian

Hikaro0

Post by Hikaro0 »

lol i didnt notice. I also use photobucket
come all light people

Return to “General Discussion”