What mp3 player do you have?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple » Wed Dec 28, 2005 9:10 am

well i only use mine when i pushbike to work which takes ten minutes so i dont need one with huge storage, lol. So mines a cheap 128mb one.

BlackHoleMars

Post by BlackHoleMars » Wed Dec 28, 2005 11:21 am

i have a creative zen touch 20gb. 24 hour battery life. drag and drop songs.. voice recording.. i think it has fm tuner too. and it has an auto sync mode too.
Get Some Games Game reviews

Yawner

Post by Yawner » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:42 pm

Shiny Black iPod Mini 6Gb.. (Shiny Black is my own modification.. another mod is that the screen is cracked and i havent had the time to fix it yet)..

Yawnster
Alan Kay : "The best way to predict the future is to invent it."
Support the OpenDocument Format!

imac600

Post by imac600 » Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:44 pm

I used to have a Cobalt 256mb player, but I sold it for $20.

I would really like to get an Apple iPod, but i'm saving up for a
PowerBook Lombard.

Go Apple! :)

technoblinc

Post by technoblinc » Wed Dec 28, 2005 3:52 pm

I have the Video iPod. It is a great MP3 player, and the video quality is magnificent. The battery doesn't last as long as I'd like, but what can you do?

The audio quality is great, and the videos work seamlessly. The only beef I have with the iPod is that some of the features are a little whack. I liked the features on my old Creative Zen 20GB player, but I still love my new iPod.

sonyboy

Post by sonyboy » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:10 pm

I got a nano and a CD player also.

fumbalah

Post by fumbalah » Wed Dec 28, 2005 5:16 pm

I had a RCA Lyra which was a piece of crap, and now I have my LG 8100 and a SD Card that works very well.

Magnotta
Former Team Member

Post by Magnotta » Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:27 am

Well, I personally don't have an mp3 player, but I bought my girlfriend one for Christmas. An RCA Lyra, with 40 GB. Don't know what the person above me had against it, but she and I find it to be a great player :D

AOL_ALex

Dell DJ

Post by AOL_ALex » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:13 am

I use a Dell DJ 20GB mp3 player.

I got mine for about $250 last year's christmas :D 8)

hargaisa1

Post by hargaisa1 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:52 am

I got the 40G Ipod which in my opinion is useless....i mean i never ever listen to all the songs in there and its not even half full ...but beside that it's good...all im saying is biger is not always better

fumbalah

Post by fumbalah » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:03 am

Magnotta wrote: Well, I personally don't have an mp3 player, but I bought my girlfriend one for Christmas. An RCA Lyra, with 40 GB. Don't know what the person above me had against it, but she and I find it to be a great player :D

It worked well for a while, but after a while it just got very slow and was a pain to carry around. the thing was like a brick.

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:21 am

hargaisa1 wrote: I got the 40G Ipod which in my opinion is useless....i mean i never ever listen to all the songs in there and its not even half full ...but beside that it's good...all im saying is biger is not always better

That why my friend lets me use it as an external hard drive whenever we go away on a trip. :P
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Nephrus
Former Team Member

Post by Nephrus » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:24 am

I have an 60GB Apple iPod Video which I bought under the excuse for a trip to Scotland. I use it as a portable hard drive and backup for my camera (I bought an adapter for it as a 256MB xD card doesn't hold much when I take pictures).

All of my music is on this baby and I take it everywhere. I have 20GB free on my iPod (it's not all music, as my collection isn't that big, but it's getting there).

So far, there haven't been any problems aside from a few scratches when I've dropped it. Surprisingly it still plays after having those run ins with a cement floor. ^___^;;

People have told me that their CD player is enough for them, but that's their own thing. I don't have to bring all my CDs and it takes 5 seconds to find the album I want to listen to and I'm set.

Oh and for those who think I'll never listen to all the songs on my iPod -- I have different lists for each of my moods, so I will listen to a variety of songs each day, not the same thing over and half of what's on there goes unappreciated. I like my music. :D
Last edited by Nephrus on Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
[ Zelda Planet - nephrus.net - phpBB Userguide - phpBB Knowledge Base - phpBB.com Forum Rules ]
ABSOLUTELY NO support via PM/IM/email or I'll get a cow to sit on you

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:25 am

lol Nephrus.

Do you use iTunes or xplay for your ipod?
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

Nephrus
Former Team Member

Post by Nephrus » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:28 am

starfoxtj wrote: lol Nephrus.

Do you use iTunes or xplay for your ipod?

iTunes and Windows Media Player. iTunes does not come with repeat or any of the other fun things that WMP has. >.>
[ Zelda Planet - nephrus.net - phpBB Userguide - phpBB Knowledge Base - phpBB.com Forum Rules ]
ABSOLUTELY NO support via PM/IM/email or I'll get a cow to sit on you

Return to “General Discussion”