What mp3 player do you have?

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
AdamR
Former Team Member
Name: Adam Reyher

Post by AdamR » Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:04 pm

imac600 wrote: I've always seen Creative and the Zen as 'the enemy'. I got really ticked
off when they released the Zen Nano and realised "hey, Apple's already
got the iPod Nano!".

I seriously hope you're being sarcastic. The Zen Nano has been around since April 2005. The iPod Nano not until September 7, 2005. Let alone anounced after the Zen Nano release. A 5 month difference. Creative takes the name battle here.
starfoxtj wrote: Can you just drop in an mp3 file in explorer? Or do you need to use their software like ipods?

When I got it you had to install their software. But the latest firmware they just released last month is a complete overhaul, enabling support for PlayForSure and yes, support for drag-and-drop. I now just use WMP10. :)

- Adam
phpBB Support: Welcome | Userguide | Knowledge Base | Search
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton

azesty

iRiver

Post by azesty » Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:50 pm

I have an iRiver H320, and have had it for 18 months.

The sound quality is great, and it is supported by a very good bunch of people over at misticriver.net.

Since I have owned the player iRiver have released a bunch of firmware, including one upgrade that added video playback.

Now Rockbox has been ported to the iRiver H3xx players, and it is very good. Some of the skins being made by the iRiver guys at misticriver are superb.

a

f(x)=sinx

Post by f(x)=sinx » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:23 am

30GB black iPod with color display :wink:

DakDarie

Sonic !

Post by DakDarie » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:48 am

I've got Flash Drive 512 BM ext. USB 2.0 Sonic 620-MP3+FM/Hi Fe
I love it! : )

nblythin

Post by nblythin » Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:30 pm

I just use my Palm Tungsten as an mp3 player ... I have a 512 MB SD card which is more than enough space for my needs.

On the computer, I use Amarok to play mp3 and ogg files. It's also what I use to manage and transfer audio files to the palm.

... of course, if anyone in my family ever gave me an iPod (for birthday or Christmas or something) I wouldn't complain!!! I just can't justify spending that much on myself :(

ilkkursun

Post by ilkkursun » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:55 pm

I got a Sony 1 GB. The Purple one. Not good lookin' but works. It is enough 8)
A Music Forum --> MuzikBB (Supports English&Turkish)

AlinaCat

Post by AlinaCat » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:23 am

I havent decide to buy a MP3,maybe i will have a MP4, i think it is better than MP3! Do you think so ? :P
Welcome to my new jewelry store :)
www.aypearl.com

AlinaCat

Re: iRiver

Post by AlinaCat » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:28 am

azesty wrote: I have an iRiver H320, and have had it for 18 months.

The sound quality is great, and it is supported by a very good bunch of people over at misticriver.net.

Since I have owned the player iRiver have released a bunch of firmware, including one upgrade that added video playback.

Now Rockbox has been ported to the iRiver H3xx players, and it is very good. Some of the skins being made by the iRiver guys at misticriver are superb.

a

maybe an iRiver H320 is enough for you! if i have one as yours,i will thanks my God.
Welcome to my new jewelry store :)
www.aypearl.com

starfoxtj

Post by starfoxtj » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:36 pm

The only problems I have heard with the iriver (from reviews) is that if you have lots of songs on there (1000-2000) it can take 15-30 seconds just to "turn on".
Admin ToolKit v2.1a - An Admins most helpful tool for user management. Now Supports Mass User Deletion!
Change User's: names, passwords, emails, active status and avatar/pm permissions.
Ban/Unban Users, change Post and Resync Counts, and promote/demote users to admin.
Completely independent from your phpbb user account settings. No installation required, just upload one file.
User Upload ToolKit Beta - A quick and easy, 30 second-install, attachment mod. Now Supports Dynamic Thumbnails!

amacgenius.com

Vintage!

Post by amacgenius.com » Tue Feb 07, 2006 10:31 pm

Well I'm an avid Mac user, so I' currently (after selling a 60gb iPod video because I didn't like it) rockin' a 1st Generation 5gb iPod :).
amacgenius
blog
LOOK FLYING MONKIES!

Return to “General Discussion”