Austin Texas - One big party city (National Champions)

Discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users.
Forum rules
General Discussion is a bonus forum for discussion of non-phpBB related topics with other phpBB.com users. All site rules apply.
MFM

Austin Texas - One big party city (National Champions)

Post by MFM » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:02 am

Hello all!!! I just had to post this talking about the mayham that is happening in my city right now!

It's 1:00 in the morning, and the whole city is party-ing. The Texas Longhorns have just won the National Championship, and Austin is celebrating with a bang. Downtown is packed full of fans and college students, cars filling almost every street, people running in the street, people on top of cars, it's total chaos. Fans (like myself) going to the store at midnight to buy championship merchandise (mostly shirts). Im sorry but I just had to tell you guys what mayham is going on in the town i live in.

Thanks,
/// Matt
Msquared-Designs.com
matt@msquared-designs.com

phantomk
Name: Daniel Lee

Post by phantomk » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:16 am

Who cares and just what are they natinal champions of ?

prince_of_oreon

Post by prince_of_oreon » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:19 am

phantomk wrote: Who cares and just what are they natinal champions of ?

I'll guess it's football.

drathbun
Former Team Member

Post by drathbun » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:48 pm

NCAA Football Division 1

They played USC in the Rose Bowl last night.
I blog about phpBB: phpBBDoctor blog
Still using phpbb2? So am I! Click below for details

xdarkday

Post by xdarkday » Thu Jan 05, 2006 5:52 pm

Im not a fan of either team but it was a great game.

Drunky

Post by Drunky » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:58 pm

The reason that Texas won was because both Matt Leinhart and Reggie Bush were both over confident. They didn't care about the game since they are already going to make a bunch of money in the NFL. It also doesn't help that Pete Carroll can't coach himself out of a paper bag.

phantomk

Post by phantomk » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:19 pm

Drunky wrote: The reason that Texas won was because both Matt Leinhart and Reggie Bush were both over confident. They didn't care about the game since they are already going to make a bunch of money in the NFL. It also doesn't help that Pete Carroll can't coach himself out of a paper bag.

No need for trash talking ;)

Alexander the Great

Post by Alexander the Great » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:46 pm

Drunky wrote: The reason that Texas won was because both Matt Leinhart and Reggie Bush were both over confident. They didn't care about the game since they are already going to make a bunch of money in the NFL. It also doesn't help that Pete Carroll can't coach himself out of a paper bag.

Yeah right, like 2 star players aren't going to want to win their last game in college, and the national championship. Just because you think USC was a better team doesn't mean the reason Texas won is because USC wasn't trying, because of course they were, its the national championship.

MHobbit
Former Team Member

Post by MHobbit » Thu Jan 05, 2006 11:31 pm

xdarkday wrote: Im not a fan of either team but it was a great game.

Indeed. :) ... the number 1 and number 2 teams were both undefeated, and for good reason.

Oh, it's American football (College, not professional, level).
Former phpBB MOD Team member
No private support is offered.
"There’s too many things to get done, and I’m running out of days..."

Drunky

Post by Drunky » Sat Jan 07, 2006 7:20 am

Alexander the Great wrote:
Drunky wrote:The reason that Texas won was because both Matt Leinhart and Reggie Bush were both over confident. They didn't care about the game since they are already going to make a bunch of money in the NFL. It also doesn't help that Pete Carroll can't coach himself out of a paper bag.

Yeah right, like 2 star players aren't going to want to win their last game in college, and the national championship. Just because you think USC was a better team doesn't mean the reason Texas won is because USC wasn't trying, because of course they were, its the national championship.

Did you even watch the game? What was Bush doing when he tried lateraling the ball to Brandon Hancock? (#40) That was an obvious play to get into the game highlights.

As for bad coaching, who goes for it on 4th down when it would have gotten you points to kick the field goal not to mention the horrible time out call during the 2 point conversion that wasted USC's last timeout.

phantomk

Post by phantomk » Sat Jan 07, 2006 3:06 pm

He can't be that bad of a coach if his team is in the finals ;)

Alexander the Great

Post by Alexander the Great » Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:58 am

Drunky wrote: Did you even watch the game? What was Bush doing when he tried lateraling the ball to Brandon Hancock? (#40) That was an obvious play to get into the game highlights.

He's a college player, he made a stupid mistake, how does that make him not trying?

pianistsk8er

Post by pianistsk8er » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:48 am

xdarkday wrote: Im not a fan of either team but it was a great game.

That it was; I was actually in Dallas as I watched the game. The level of enthusiasm shown by the Texans nearby was quite impressive! :P

PS

Return to “General Discussion”